Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Honest Reviews}


 
I thought I would give a few honest reviews on several items that I have ordered as of late. I love when those of you share your reviews and ideas so wanted to share mine with you in this post.  

I am always very skeptical about companies I've never heard of and I read lots of reviews. I decided to order a few things from this company called Shein. CHEAP prices for sure! The items I ordered arrived within 7 days. Actually they arrived sooner than I expected but I didn't order anything that I needed right away and honestly, I really just wanted to check the company out for myself. Everything came in one package and each item was wrapped separately inside the package. I ordered the anklets for the grandgirls and they were very cute and colorful. They loved them. The clothing I ordered was cute but cheaply made but then again, their stuff is cheap. The material was really thin. The old saying goes "You get what you pay for". However, I honestly love the cute orange summer dress with the fringe. It looked really cute on. It will be perfect for hot days when out and about with cute sandals. The white top will be perfect as part of my workout clothing. The floral print romper was adorable  but also cheaply made. I did not like the way it looked on me so gifted it to one of my daughters.  For around $32 I got a lot but once again, this company is cheap but for me, I found the clothing pieces to be cheaply made. Will let you know if the clothing falls apart in the wash! LOL!  Not so sure I will order clothing again but I will for sure order other things especially the jewelry as I like costume jewelry and so do my grands. I may try a few more things but we shall see.

I also wanted to share a new salt I have been using. I have really enjoyed the better taste that it has compared to regular table salt. With Celtic salt being a stronger taste I use half compared to what I was using with regular table salt. It's truly a better option for those wanting to lower their sodium intake. I am surprised my sodium levels have always been good! (So far) The salt is a grey color as it's unrefined and has not been bleached. It has a lower sodium concentration and higher traces of calcium and magnesium. It also has many more minerals than your regular table salt. Overall, much healthier option than your regular table salt. I ordered from Amazon Prime and I will order again. If you do a health study on Celtic salt you will find so many health benefits. I like to share what I have tested out with my friends.

 

Another item I ordered from Amazon Prime was these wireless earbuds. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on them as honestly, it's very rare that I use them. However, every now and then I like to sit in our living room and watch a show with sound on my phone while Marty is watching something he likes to watch on television. On occasion I have used them when talking with a friend on my phone to keep my hands free and to also not have to put them on speaker phone for the whole world to hear our conversation.  These have worked perfectly for those times and was around $35. Cheap enough and works perfect for my needs.

On another note the littles had a few fun days staying with us. From chocolate chip cookies, new summer anklets, first time of driving papa's 4-wheeler, playing in the back of the truck, helping Nana water the tomatoes, popsicles and lots of hugs we covered a lot of ground in a few days. I am so glad the littles still love to come to our house in the country. At their age they are so easy to entertain but boy do they keep this Nana on the go!

I will close today by sharing this:


I wanted to end my post today by sharing these words from Lysa Terkerust. The timing for me was perfect as I have been praying about something for 12 months. During this 12 months the waiting has been almost overwhelming at times but I just kept hearing that sweet voice say to my spirit, "Cindy, be quiet, be still, I've got you and this situation". GOD IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL TO HIS CHILDREN! The answer might come as we've hoped for nor in the timing we wished for but one thing I do know..."HE CAN BE FOUND FAITHFUL EVEN WHEN AREN'T". Giving God the praise today my friends. I can't share anything other than that but will you praise Him with me?


I hope that you have a most wonderful and blessed week and keep on believing in the faithfulness of God. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy





Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I just ordered craft items from that company. The prices are great and I got free shipping for my first order. Thanks for the revue. I just got some standard earbuds for my last trip to Texas. I love to listen while on the plane. I like that sea salt and might have to get it. I think I will order some when I order more ink for my printer. Enjoy you week!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying using the Celtic Salt. I use Kosher and Himalayan Pink Salt a lot but have really enjoyed the Celtic.

      Delete
  2. hi Cindy, wow, you got a lot of stuff for $32! I've not heard of Celtic sea salt, I've got to check that out as it sounds wonderful to use a salt that is actually good for you. I've been using kosher salt for years because you get more flavor with less salt. I admire your energy for entertaining your grands! Have a great week and Happy Father's Day to your husband~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote and verse and praise at the end. Will praise and pray with you. I think we all have those things that we ponder and keep in our hearts and between us and God alone, and it's always such a joy when we see those prayers answered in HIS time! Our God is a faithful God, and He knows what is best for each of us, so it takes a lot of faith to places these things in His hands and leave them there and wait on Him to provide/take care of it, whatever needs to be done. I love that you had the girls over and had such a wonderful time together. What a blessing and joy to have that time together. They will always treasure these memories you are making with them. I am not familiar with that company you ordered from, but I had a bad experience once in ordering a dress from a company I didn't know about, and it took MONTHS to arrive on a slow boat from China! It might have been "cheap", but it wasn't worth what I went through waiting for it. I am happy your stuff got there so quickly and hopefully you will get some use out of the outfits you ordered. The dress I ordered ended up lost in my closet because it really didn't fit and was cheaply made and there was no way to return it affordably. I don't remember the name of the company. I was going to take it to the thrift store, but my granddaughter in law to be said she might be able to do something with it so I gave it to her. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and summer! I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will absolutely praise God with you, Cindy!
    Thanks for the reviews on the items. My daughter and granddaughters have ordered from that company.
    I have not heard of Celtic sea salt, but I like the review you did. I use regular, kosher, sea salt and flake salt.
    I’m glad you have so much fun with your grands! You and Marty are such great grandparents.
    Enjoy your week my lovely friend. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the honest Shein reviews, Cindy. I've seen a lot of Shein hauls on YouTube and Instagram, but I gotta save all my money for my teas and teawares. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl, you better save your money for tea hauls! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Thanking our LORD with you for His faithfulness to you, and to all of us who trust in Him. What you have shared is so true. It's all about trusting Him and how He wants to go about answering our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy, I am sorry I am a little late in reading and commenting. I really appreciate your honest reviews. I am so thankful that God is faithful and we can always trust Him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing so much about Shein, I've yet to order from them.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lots of folks that like ordering from them.

      Delete
  9. What a great post with encouragement from scripture and a personal testimony of God's faithfulness.
    Your grands are growing so fast. They are adorable and it is a blessing to see all of you and hear about the fun you have together. Family is special.
    I've been very busy with some huge projects cleaning out in our home. We are still not finished. I have not been as attentive as usual but I can't do it all.
    Cindy, I appreciate your sweet comments when I post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had fun catching up with you!!❤️. Now I’m going to go and order some Celtic Salt! Thanks for the great suggestion
    .

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the reviews, friend! this has been a busy month so i am glad to drop in to visit you again ... enjoy your family and the celebrations and quiet times. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I want some chocolate chip cookies! I'd have fun at the grandparents house too!! I use the same salt and have for years. Love it. Thank you for sharing your honest reviews. It seems similar to my order from Temu. I got airpods for Mother's day and I use them for the same reasons you do! I use corded airbuds for my outdoor walks because I don't want lose the airpods! I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so thankful your prayer was answered, sweet friend. God surely has His own timetable, but He is never late.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness me ... June has passed by and it's now July!
    Just stopping by with my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stopping in to say "hi" and Miss you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweet lady. I just can't seem to catch up lately.

      Delete
  16. I read reviews before buying anything so this is really helpful. It's good to see you and your fam having a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th