Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Let June Begin}


 It's Sunday afternoon and my tribe has left after a wonderful and breezy afternoon. The youngest two grands made friends with a baby bird today and was so sad when they had to let it go. 


We attended a dance recital for these two littles. They both done so good. It was so bright outside and we were all squinting in pictures.



The girls had a fan club for sure. Marty and I are blessed that our family always supports one another. Just BLESSED y'all. Just blessed!


Marty enjoys coffee cakes and breads with his morning coffee on his way to work so I baked a yummy cranberry & orange coffee cake with drizzled icing. It smelled amazing baking. I think I might have a slice in the morning. LOL!


The month of May was National Physical Fitness & Sports month so we ladies finished up strong. We added extra workouts to our yoga classes in different areas and well, let me just say, "I found a few muscles that I didn't know I had". LOL!

My focus board for June is so fitting. I am currently going through several Bible studies but with one that I am finishing up this week my June focus is perfect. 


I hope that JUNE has kicked off for you all in a wonderful way and that you are anticipating some summer fun. In closing today I will share another devotional that seems most of us "busy" people might need to ponder on.


Hugs and blessings, Cindy
 

Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I enjoyed all your pictures. I bet the dance recital was fun! That coffee cake looks so yummy! That is great that your yoga ladies are adding more to your routine. It must be fun working out together! Love your Bible verse and Focus board. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. We ladies have a great time working out together.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful post, full of love and joy and encouragement! I needed the devotional reminder and thank you for sharing it. Oh, I do hope that baby bird was OK. What kind of bird was it....and where was its mother, I wonder? That coffee cake sure looks and sounds good. Now I would love to have a piece of that with my cup of tea! Yes, summer is here, and I pray it will be a summer of peace and love and joy!! Take care my friend. Always so wonderful to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, baby wren was fine. Just needed a little TLC from the grands. Have a great week friend.

      Delete
  3. Happy June Cindy! You are living life to the fullest as usual and family is everything isn't it. I hope you have another wonderful week!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos. I really miss having my littles in dance and going to the recitals. One went on to a dance team at her school that performed before all the games (before the cheerleaders did their thing). She decided not to do it this year and I miss seeing her perform. They won all kinds of national awards . I know you love being part of your family 'team', too.
    I hope you have a wonderful week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching these grands do what they love has truly been so rewarding. Happy June sweet friend.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun kick off to the new month. That coffee cake looks so delicious. I want some now! Good for you and the ladies doing your physical fitness routines and yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoy your posts, they always bring a smile. The pics are great and the devotion "spot on!" Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know that I would enjoy the cranberry and orange coffee cake with a cup of tea! I can't believe that we're halfway through 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, wish you lived nearby. I would have gladly shared with you!

      Delete
  8. P.S. I can't believe that with all that extra yoga sessions, the older lady managed to beat you to the teacup. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, she did girl! Woman was faster than lightening! LOL!

      Delete
  9. I was going to ask what kind of bird that was but I see you already answered. The grands look thrilled to have it to hold even if it was only for a short while.
    The cranberry & orange coffee cake looks delicious! Especially with the drizzled icing. YUM!
    Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy, your grandgirls are just beautiful as well as your entire family. The coffee cake looks delicious. I need a slice to go with my coffee. Wishing you a terrific week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww look at those sweet girls and the supportive family! You certainly are blessed, dear Cindy. That coffee cake looks so good, and I sure would like a slice. You and your yoga friends look like a bunch of fun ladies. How nice to add in some new workout routines. Thank you for the devotions that you share. Happy June to you and your family. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. t's so nice to be able to support your family and the grands in what they do.
    The coffee cake does look yummy.

    Have a wonderful month of June.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, I was sure I'd commented on this post.
    I wonder if it went into spam folder.

    Lovely photographs, happy June wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your June is, indeed, off to a wonderful start. The coffee cakes you make for Marty look wonderful. Thanks for all the cheer and encouragement you always share with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget