Skip to main content

Happy May!

Happy May! I wanted to pop in and share a few pictures from my month of April which seemed to fly by quickly. As I am trying to catch up with my blogging friends today I realized it had been a month since I last posted. My mercy! But, I am so busy doing this thing we call life here on earth and enjoying every moment that I can. With my immediate family of 14 there is never a dull moment y'all!   We had three family birthdays in April. My SIL David, granddaughter Adalynn and oldest granddaughter Raygen.  Our favorite grandson Conner (only grandson) carried his girl to the prom. We had to snap at least one picture with Mom and Nana! Two of my elementary school friends and I get together at least once every 4-5 weeks so we went to breakfast and then to  Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. We always have so much fun.  The gardens are so beautiful that I couldn't even attempt to snap all the pictures I wanted. There are so many beautiful paintings to look at this but this was one of

{Hello August}

Hello friends. I hope that you all are enjoying your summer. For me it seems that summer has been quite busy with one thing or another but I am sure we all feel the same most days. As Marty reminds me often..."We are as busy as we make ourselves at times". TRUTH!  I am ready for some cooler weather here in Florida myself. How about you?

Marty and I went to the Riverside Arts Market recently that is held each Saturday. It's held outside under tents and a bridge. It was a nice outing with vendors selling their specialty homemade items, produce, food trucks and live music. 


The view of the river was nice so we purchased a hot dog with bottled water and sat close to the water under shelter and there actually was a cool breeze that came off the water as we listened to music. I did purchase a few sauces and we love them. Might have to go back now just to get more! LOVE those little day dates!


This weekend we took Friday and Saturday and went to our hunting camp and done a little work that was needed. It was so hot but at least riding on the 4 wheeler kept a little breeze on me out in those Georgia pines.


Well, it seems that August sure rolled around quick and school is starting back later this week. With our six grands we have some in College, homeschooled, public school and private school. I am praying this week for all of our children, grandchildren and parents with the new school year. Headed out tomorrow to buy the grands a few school prizes as I call them. LOL! I am sure their parents will appreciate the extra help. 


I will end today with a devotional that I read this week that reminded me of the challenges that we each face and that no matter what, God is faithful!

I hope that you all have a great week and hope to visit around this week. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy
 
 


Comments

  1. Cindy, it is so hard to believe school is starting. I hope your grands have a wonderful new school year. The market looks like a fun place! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week too. La Porte has Trade Days the first Saturday of the month. They close off several blocks of Main Street so vendors have a place to set up. At the end of Main there is a small city park, Five Points, and that is also used by the vendors. It makes for a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Mary, we enjoyed the River Market. It's about a 25 minute drive for us but made it a fun outing.

      Delete
  3. Back to school sounds so early already! I hope they all have a great school year. That riverside market sounded right up my alley. I love a day date too! Summer has been busy. I'm sort of ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our schools are starting too, it really feels early this year, and it's so hot everywhere! The River Market sounds like so much fun and you and Marty are so cute with your day dates!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The River Market looks fun!

    I always forget that your school year starts in August. The kids here return to school in September, but the stores already have the fall decor, etc. in stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back when I went to school...we always went back the week after Labor day.

      Delete
  6. I recognized the area under the bridge with the St. Johns River and the downtown buildings from the almost 2 years Beloved and lived in Mandarin. One time while walking along the river, we actually saw a couple of dolphins jump out of the water!!

    Yes!!!! to the desire for cooler temps here in Florida.

    And yes to trusting the Lord instead of settling too comfortably in what is familiar. We do learn so much more about our Lord when we are forced to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw a couple of dolphins that day we went. It was a nice outing.

      Delete
  7. The closest thing we have to your lovely Market is the Farmer's market on Saturday mornings. We haven't bothered going for quite a while. Maybe we should go again and see what's on offer.
    Have a great week. Keep cool if you possibly can. GM

    ReplyDelete
  8. The market does look so amazing. It's been too hot to get out and do much of anything. Take care and stay cool this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready for FALL! But in Florida it doesn't seem that we have seasons. LOL!

      Delete
  9. I’m so happy that you and Marty enjoy those day dates and your hunting camp. My grands are starting school this week and some next week. Caiden will start college! Thank you for sharing your devotionals. We need to keep being faithful! Have a wonderful week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - hard to believe school is already starting there! The summer sure has flown by for us too. So glad you got to enjoy such a wonderful vacation together earlier in the summer. I love visiting outdoor markets - so much fun, and I am with you, I enjoy being with my husband on those fun spontaneous dates! And yes, cooler weather here is making us think of hunting season! I don't hunt myself, but enjoy going out to the hunting camp to cook and enjoy the beauty of fall weather. Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I agree about cooler temps, it is soooo hot and humid here in Louisiana. Ugh! I'm so ready for fall! Always fun to stop by and see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. School started here in Marion County on Thursday...and yes, my friend, I am so ready for cooler weather, I have had enough of this humidity, grin. Wishing you a beautiful rest of this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our new school year does not start until September, so we are taking the opportunity of seeing family and the grandchildren ...special times.

    Hope your hot temperatures may soon cool a little.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th