Skip to main content

Happy May!

Happy May! I wanted to pop in and share a few pictures from my month of April which seemed to fly by quickly. As I am trying to catch up with my blogging friends today I realized it had been a month since I last posted. My mercy! But, I am so busy doing this thing we call life here on earth and enjoying every moment that I can. With my immediate family of 14 there is never a dull moment y'all!   We had three family birthdays in April. My SIL David, granddaughter Adalynn and oldest granddaughter Raygen.  Our favorite grandson Conner (only grandson) carried his girl to the prom. We had to snap at least one picture with Mom and Nana! Two of my elementary school friends and I get together at least once every 4-5 weeks so we went to breakfast and then to  Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. We always have so much fun.  The gardens are so beautiful that I couldn't even attempt to snap all the pictures I wanted. There are so many beautiful paintings to look at this but this was one of

{Show and Tell}

 Where has the month gone too? Mercy, I can't believe September is almost here. I wanted to pop in this afternoon with a few new products that I am trying out. I love it when some of my blogging friends share what they've tried good or bad. It is always nice to hear the thoughts of others.

Several of my friends use this brand of foundation so thought I'd give it a try. I like Neutrogena products so why not try the foundation. I use Infallible 24 hour L'oreal Paris as its long lasting and gives a good coverage. For a few bucks more though I decided to give Neutrogena foundation a try. Though it's a great coverage and smooth finish I couldn't tell a difference really between the two products. I think I will stick to my old faithful L'oreal unless they go up in price. 

I do like the L'oreal.


I normally use a tea tree type of shampoo on my hair but I do like to change it up from time to time. I decided to try this. My hair is dry and my skin is dry so anything to give more of a moisturizing texture is what I normally stick too. I love the smell, lathers up nicely and was a great price at Walmart. 

I love a good bath wash and love the essential oil bath wash from Bath and Body but gave this one a try from Walmart. Smells good, nice wash, and it does hydrate my dry skin. Now, it did nothing for a calming effect as it says on the bottle but once again, price was good. Nice bath wash but I must say I've gotten spoiled by Bath and Body Essential Oil bath washes. 

I use this Castor oil all the time for my dry skin at night before bedtime. It's a great beauty product and good for so many things. Hair, face, body, feet and etc. It does go on thick so for my face I most often mix it in with a little Shea butter or Coconut oil. But, my skin soaks it in. It's good for so many different things. I do like this brand a lot. This was an Amazon purchase. 


I like this product by Maybelline. I like how it moistures my dry lips and it does give the effect of plumping but it doesn't last long to be honest. However, it gives a pretty shine and makes my lips feel good. I usually put it on before applying lipstick and then again after lipstick. 
I make batches of protein balls of all kinds often and freeze them for snacks. Marty loves them. You can get all kinds of recipes on line but these were made with peanut butter, some with creamy and some with crunchy. Honey and Oatmeal. I put a drizzle of chocolate on some and used coconut flakes in some. Good little protein snack.

Do you like Sushi? My youngest daughter and I along with her two daughters went and we did a little shopping on Friday and enjoyed a nice lunch at a place I've been wanting to try called, "Fancy Sushi Oakleaf". The location was Oakleaf but I am assuming there is a chain of Fancy Sushi's. I was not disappointed. If you have a Fancy Sushi nearby this was called, O.M.G. Was very good!

Wanted to share my newest Christmas ornament my youngest daughter gifted me. She saw it a Cracker Barrel and bought one for me, herself and her two sisters. Made me ready to decorate my Christmas Tree!  Well, if it wasn't so HOT!

Speaking of the youngest daughter, she (Marti Leigh) will be celebrating her birthday next Sunday but we celebrated her today with family with the lunch of her choice. I made Cuban Sliders, Italian Sliders, Pork Sliders a Charcuterie of different fresh fruits, Caesar Salad, Cake and ice cream. It all was so yummy and good for a change. I usually prepare the "Southern style cooking" meals for my Sunday dinners so hot sandwiches was a nice change. 

I hope that you all have been enjoying your summer.  I will close with a Bible verse that has ministered to me as of late. One thing I do know is that when I am seeking, listening, and paying attention to His still small voice that He always leads me. I hope your week is wonderful. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

 




 






  
 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the product recommendations Cindy! You are so smart to make protein bites, such a great idea~ your tea cup ornament is adorable, Christmas will be here before we know it!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sushi and your adorable cardinal teacup ornament.

    I must confess that I am ready to bring out my pumpkin decor. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, I have struggled thinking about my Fall decor because of the heat! I am just going to have to bite the bullet I guess! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations, Cindy. I love the tea cup ornament. Happy birthday to Marti Leigh, y’all are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your take on the new products as I'm always looking for new things. I just started using Neutrogena shampoo and conditioner and love it. My hair was really dry, has been since I had covid, the Neutrogena products have really helped. Great post today my friend, hope you're staying cool. Happy Birthday to Marti Leigh♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s always fun to try new beauty products, Cindy. I use Maybelline for a sheer foundation. I don’t like too much coverage. I’ll look for your favorite next time because I’m almost out. A trainer at my fitness club told me about using Vitamin E oil on my face at night and it is very nice.
    I make protein balls, too, and add some vanilla protein powder.
    What a great meal you had for your Marti! I’m sure she appreciated all your efforts.
    Have a great week, my friend. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like Vitamin D oil Kitty. So good for your skin. I hope your week is wonderful.

      Delete
  7. Isaiah 30:21 is a favorite verse of mine, too. I think of it when Gary and I are riding our bicycles. He likes to ride behind me (so he can keep an eye on me) and when needed, he will give me direction from behind, like the Lord's voice in this verse!

    He tells me often that his place is in my rear view mirror!

    P.S. I used L'Oreal's Foundation, too. My shade is #206.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do that Gary says that and feels that way. How sweet!

      Delete
  8. Hi Cindy, I enjoyed my visit here tonight. I don't use foundations. I use CeraVe products since I have allergies. I have to use things without fragrances. I make my own things too with coconut oil and essential oils. Your food always sounds good. I do like sushi and the protein bars are just what I need! I just got back from Oregon and I saw so many deer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love catching up with Miss Cindy! Girl, you are always having fun and finding great things! I like hearing your makeup reviews. That castor oil sounds amazing too. I need to check it out. Those energy balls are right up my alley. I haven't made them in awhile. I like them right out of the freezer with a cup of coffee or tea. That ornament is so cute. I'm excited to start decorating for the holidays...the fall ones first of course! :) Happy birthday to your beautiful Marti Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Heather Lou. Making another batch of Fat Bombs as I call them today. With two different kinds of chocolate and coconut oil. Great snack for sure.

      Delete
  10. I love that verse too, Cindy ... and that birthday meal sounds perfect. Want to come and cook mine??!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great Items you use, Cindy. I use Maybelline #112 Porcelain Active Super Stay 30 HR. It seems to stay put on these hot humid days, grin. I hope you have a beautiful weekend and Happy Birthday (belated) to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cindy, enjoyed seeing all the products you love. I grew up not wearing makeup, and still to this day, I don't wear it. Sometimes on special occasions I will wear some mascara and lipstick. I have been using emu oil on my skin at night, and oh my goodness, it is amazing! I had never heard of it, my naturopathic doctor recommended it. I hope you get some cooler weather soon. Happy belated birthday to your precious daughter, your lunch sounds wonderful! Blessings to you dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. You are the 2nd person that I have heard the EMU oil was awesome. One lady told me better than the Castor oil for skin. I will check into that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th