Skip to main content

Happy May!

Happy May! I wanted to pop in and share a few pictures from my month of April which seemed to fly by quickly. As I am trying to catch up with my blogging friends today I realized it had been a month since I last posted. My mercy! But, I am so busy doing this thing we call life here on earth and enjoying every moment that I can. With my immediate family of 14 there is never a dull moment y'all!   We had three family birthdays in April. My SIL David, granddaughter Adalynn and oldest granddaughter Raygen.  Our favorite grandson Conner (only grandson) carried his girl to the prom. We had to snap at least one picture with Mom and Nana! Two of my elementary school friends and I get together at least once every 4-5 weeks so we went to breakfast and then to  Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. We always have so much fun.  The gardens are so beautiful that I couldn't even attempt to snap all the pictures I wanted. There are so many beautiful paintings to look at this but this was one of

{Better late than never}

 Good afternoon to everyone. Seems I have surely been behind on blogging as of late. The term "Can't get with the program" seems to be my motto. LOL! But, I am here today.  I have been under the weather for about 10 days but feeling much better this afternoon. God surely has been right by my side. I believe in giving God praise and just want to lift His banner high tonight. Give a little praise with me friends because He is surely a good and merciful father. 


My September focus sure came at the perfect time for me. 


I was gifted this Thanksgiving catcus about three months ago and it was just a baby. It's growing and so much so that I have already repotted twice. 

My favorite grandson, only grandson....a senior this year and his picture is up on the fence at our local football field as he plays football. We are so proud of our Conner. 


Football game fan club.



Our Adalynn, (Ada) started cheerleading this year and she is doing remarkable. We might just have a cheerleader here!


Our sweet Annaleigh is on her 2nd year playing soccer and she is doing so good. Scored three goals this weekend. 


Anyone else like a Chef salad with everything you can imagine in it besides me?

A friend sent this to me and it made me laugh out loud but oh so true to mention!

I will close with this tonight as it sure spoke volumes to me. I hope that you all have a wonderful week ahead of you. Stay safe, stay well and stay in the WORD! No better place to be. 

*A special thanks to several of you sweet blogging friends* It's always nice to know that you are missed. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy




Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better. It seems a shame to feel under the weather in Fall.
    Your grandchildren excel in different sports and keep you busy attending games. I think cheerleader Adalynn is the cutest little cheerleader I've ever seen!
    Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. I sure wish we had Fall weather here! LOL!

      Delete
  2. So glad you are feeling better. Praying you will regain your strength and keep going strong in the Lord. Yes, in His Word is the BEST place to be. We are starting our Ladies' Bible study back up today after our summer hiatus, so I am looking forward to that. Love seeing all the happy pictures of your family. Your grandson has certainly become a very handsome young man!! I can imagine he is a wonderful ball player too!! What fun to enjoy those football games as a family. And those sweet girls are so precious. Your family certainly keeps you busy, but in a wonderful way. Praying you will have a wonderfully blessed fall season, So glad you are back, and yes, you were missed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Pam. I do hope that you enjoy your new Bible study class. I am sure you ladies will have a great time together.

      Delete
  3. Glad you’re starting to feel better. Many God sized blessings. That salad looks delicious. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no pressure, dear Cindy, to blog! We love you, girl ... please give yourself grace and space to regain your strength. You're a treasure, posts or no posts.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy, I enjoyed all your pictures! Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Sometimes we just need to take a break. I seem to be blogging about twice a week now. So many things to do everyday, even if that means taking breaks from the computer. Enjoy the rest of your week and I pray you have a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you're on the mend, Cindy. Your granddaughters are growing so quickly. I didn't know they had cheerleaders in elementary school.

    Thanks for sharing the newspaper clip. I definitely need to learn some patience. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you’ve been sick, Cindy! I do pray for you everyday, however. I thought maybe you were on a vacation with your hubby.
    Your Conner is so handsome and the girls are adorable. Thank you for always sharing your special readings with us and reminders to praise God in all things. Have a great week 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the uplifting words Cindy, I'm so glad you're feeling better and enjoying lots of family fun!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!! That is a great photo of your grandson. That is so cool that his photo is in the stadium. It must be fun to go to the games! Your little granddaughters are so sweet and keep busy with their activities. I hope all is well in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not nice to feel under the weather, so pleased that you are now feeling better.
    That salad looks delicious.

    Keep well and enjoy your September days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th