Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.  

I finally purchased a new monthly focus board. 

We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!
 

My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy! 

My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just amazed at my girls for their outlook on health and they surely work hard.

My favorite picture!
They always cross the finish line together holding hands!


While I cheered them on from home I decided I needed some energy for them so made Marty and I some cheese blitzes! LOL! I usually make them from regular sandwich bread but had a few rolls that I needed to use and they turned out good. You can find a recipe for cheese blitzes using regular bread on Pinterest. 

I made shrimp and cheese grits for Marty & I. I don't know if it was because I haven't had any in a while or what but it sure hit the spot! Using the chicken broth to make the grits instead of water and cooked bacon surely adds so much flavor. Of course Tabasco sauce adds a kick. 
I sure hope that March brings many smiles to you all and that you enjoy each day that the Lord gives. Life is surely a blessing.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Recipe for Shrimp & Grits
1-2 lbs shrimp I buy the kind that no prep is needed.
1 lb. bacon (I bake in oven) Save the grease that comes from the bacon drippings.
1 stick of butter
3 diced scallions and 2 minced cloves of garlic
2 cups shredded cheese
2 cups of grits and use chicken broth in place of water
Tabasco sauce (opt)
After bacon has cooked & cooled, dice or crumble. Use your leftover grease from bacon to sauté your scallions, garlic and shrimp. This step will not take too long. Depends on size of shrimp. I cooked mine around 5 minutes or so. 
Cook your grits (2 cups) according to package using chicken broth instead of water. I use quick grits.
Once your grits are cooked cut off the burner and put one stick of butter in the grits. Stir. Then add your cheese and stir. Add your bacon, shrimp, scallions & garlic with the grease which usually isn't much when baking the bacon in the oven and give it a stir. Marty says it's just enough to give it taste to him but not greasy. I then literally shake Tabasco sauce on top. YUMMY! If you try it let me know what you think! We don't have it often but it's always good! 
 


 

Comments

  1. Your cheese blitzes look fabulous!

    Hilary Swank's movie looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that your girls cross the finish line holding hands. That is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy March Cindy! I love that your girls run the race together and finish holding hands! The shrimp and grits sound very yummy! I always admire your faith and prayers, have a great week!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your daughter, son-in-law, and grandson for completing the Spartan. Our son has also completed the Spartan challenge. How sweet that your three daughters run together. I love shrimp and grits and thank you for the recipe. Happy Monday, sweet Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo of the lanterns on the porch w/encouraging words is beautiful. Keeping your health in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy! I must admit that I love tear jerkers!! Your family sure is fit, and wow, how tiny your daughter looks between her son and hubby. I can’t believe how tall your grandson is, and so handsome! I must make the shrimp and grits. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I like your new focus board and verse. 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone taller than me for sure! LOL! My favorite grandson will soon be 18. Thanks sweet Kitty.

      Delete
  7. The Spartan Challenge looks and sounds quite tough.

    So nice that your girls cross the finish line together holding hands.

    I hope you are enjoying your March days.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cheese grits sound wonderful, especially with the shrimp! Thanks for the recipe. Congrats to your family and all their sports endeavors. Your daughter looks so cute next to her husband and son.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try your recipe. Love the finish. Blessings my friend.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful happy pictures. I love seeing your daughter and her hubby and son. She is so tiny and they are so big! LOL. Amazing! And then the picture of your three girls running together and holding hands at the end of the race. That is really special. That food all looks and sounds so good! It's good to hear from you. I am way behind in reading as my computer was down for a while and things have just gotten crazy lately. But I'm trying to play catch up. Hope you are doing well. (((hugs))) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had shrimp and cheese grits, the recipe sounds wonderful! What a blessing that your girls are so athletic, and run together, that is incredible! I love day dates - my husband and I are overdue for one :) I haven't seen the movie, but like you, movies like that stay with me for a while, especially if they're tearjerkers! I love your focus board, it has the best verses to keep you through the month! You are always in my prayers dear friend! Much love and blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shrimp and grits recipe is really good. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th