Skip to main content

{May Blessings Photo Dump}

June has crept upon us it seems. Y'all, it's six months until Christmas! LOL!  Wanted to share a few of my May blessings.  We have been blessed with fresh potatoes. We've been able to share some with others and still have plenty. My cucumbers, okra and orange tree was destroyed in the tornado that we took a hit from but what a blessing that we pulled the potatoes before the tornado.  Speaking of tornado it's been a job cleaning up the aftermath. God spared our home and us as we were home. Marty and I heard the sound of the tornado and retrieved to our bathtub for safety. The affects surely done a number on our barn, my shed, a pull trailer and oh our property was in a mess. Huge OLD trees gone! Such a mess but we are beginning to see the light at the end of tunnel with the cleanup. We have been so blessed with our children and friends that have come to help us. God surely had a hedge of protection around us.  Our oldest granddaughter Raygen graduation from College as Su

{May Blessings Photo Dump}

June has crept upon us it seems. Y'all, it's six months until Christmas! LOL! 

Wanted to share a few of my May blessings. 

We have been blessed with fresh potatoes. We've been able to share some with others and still have plenty. My cucumbers, okra and orange tree was destroyed in the tornado that we took a hit from but what a blessing that we pulled the potatoes before the tornado. 


Speaking of tornado it's been a job cleaning up the aftermath. God spared our home and us as we were home. Marty and I heard the sound of the tornado and retrieved to our bathtub for safety. The affects surely done a number on our barn, my shed, a pull trailer and oh our property was in a mess. Huge OLD trees gone! Such a mess but we are beginning to see the light at the end of tunnel with the cleanup. We have been so blessed with our children and friends that have come to help us. God surely had a hedge of protection around us. 

Our oldest granddaughter Raygen graduation from College as Summa Cum Laude and her degree is in Digital Marketing and Communication. Our favorite grandson Conner (only grandson) graduated from High School. We are so proud of them. Our Raygen has already been offered a job in Digital marketing. 





We've had three family birthdays. Our oldest daughter Kristy, our granddaughters, Kyleigh and Annaleigh. Such fun times.


We celebrated this birthday girl with a Mother's day outing for me eating out and shopping. What a fun time we had.



Our sweet little dancer Kyleigh had her dance recital. She performed beautifully and she does indeed have the best fan club ever. 


May has surely brought many blessings to our family. I wanted to share with my blogging friends that I am having some health issues and going through many tests. But, my faith is in the Lord and I would covet your prayers. 


I will close with my June Focus. We must always remember that this is surely the day that the Lord has made and to rejoice in it. What we may be dealing with in life might be a JOYFUL moment, but just remembering that our day holds purpose, meaning and is given to us from our Lord should be our focus. Every day is a gift. 

Hope to be back soon and will be visiting my blogging friends.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy



Comments

  1. Wow Cindy, that's a lot of potatoes! I am so sorry about the tornado, that's awful! Thankfully you weren't hurt but I'm sorry about your property damage. So many cute smiling faces! Congrats to Raygen and Happy Summer!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna. Wish you were close by as I'd share some home grown taters with you!

      Delete
  2. Cindy, I am so sorry about the tornado, so thankful that you all and your home were spared. Tornados are so scary. Congrats to your graduates and Happy Birthday to all who turned another year older. I am sorry to read of your health issues and am adding you to my daily prayer list. Please keep me informed, sweet lady. Sending prayers and hugs🙏🏻🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the damage caused by the tornado but SO thankful that you and your family are safe. Good planning getting those potatoes out before the storm hit.
    Congratulations to your grands...they are amazing!! ( but then, so are you 💗💗).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't realized how close you were to the tornado etc...(or is it the other way around? The tornado was close to you)---that sure is a nice potato haul you go there, smiles. Have a beautiful Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reminder to us that every day holds purpose and meaning is so helpful when we have unanswered questions. I keep you and yours in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cindy! I didn't know you were hit with the tornado!! I'm so glad that you all are safe and that your home was untouched. Lots of clean up though. Oh my!
    I'll be praying for you and your health issues. Congratulations on your granddaughter's graduation! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Cindy. I thought I'd posted but I don't see it. Anyway, I'm thankful that you are okay from the tornado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sometimes I am little slow at seeing my messages.

      Delete
  8. Congrats to your grads!!! And another congrats to Raygen for landing her first job, so exciting♥ AND BIG birthday wishes to the girls. I was sorry to hear all the damage you had from the storm, you are blessed to have your home intact and that you were not injured. I'm so ready for all this bad weather to end, Texas has been hit hard too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn’t know about your property being hit by the tornado, Cindy. I’m so grateful that you and Marty are okay.
    Congratulations to Raygen and Conner! Wow and Raygen already has job offers! Your family is so beautiful and so supportive of each other. Happy Birthday wishes to your family members. I am praying for you, sweet friend.
    Your scripture verse is one that I try to say everyday upon waking. It’s a beautiful one. Love and God bless you. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that your property was damaged by the tornado.

    Always lots to celebrate in your family: academic achievements, birthdays, recitals, etc.

    I'll remember you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget