Skip to main content

{May Has Arrived}

  I sure hope that your May has kicked off to a good start. The heat is settling in quick around our parts.  We've kicked off May with watching our softball girls win the District. Next week we start another round of ball. It's so much fun to watch these girls and especially our girl, Mallory. She plays centerfield.  We were so proud of both teams that played against each other. They all, hand in hand gathered together as one of our girls prayed for the game and also for one of our young men that was in a horrific car accident and fighting. His name is Kaden if you can think to lift him up to our Lord.  I had the opportunity recently to speak to a group of women at a ladies luncheon event at a local church. Oh we had so much fun. I wished I had gotten pictures of the beautiful decorations. We had a TEA PARTY and we each kept the cup that we drank out of it.  Isn't she just lovely? Easter has come and gone but we sure have a great time with family. We gather each...

TUESDAY TOOTS

TIME TO TOOT AGAIN.....

Recently my two youngest granddaughters was flower girls in a family wedding, Of course the baby had to ride in style you know...So we borrowed a little red wagon and dolled it up.


Now I know that there is a much more simple way to doll up a wagon but you know a Nana has to go the extra mile...RIGHT? 

So, first things first...I had to get the wagon out on a ledge so I could work and SEE!



Then I had to make sure our little princess had something soft to sit on in that hard wagon! So out comes a little pink rug.



Now what to cover it with? Ooh...had some old white material I had used to make an angel costume out of once for my oldest granddaughter....It would work perfectly!


Praise the Lord for rubber bands....tied off the ends of the material with rubber bands so it would hold tight.



Then a 1000 yards of tulle was used! Well, not a 1000 yards but I felt like it when I was sewing with it!


I decided to make a hem as though I was making a curtain so I could thread my elastic through. Worked perfectly! Fit on that wagon like it was made for it!!!! (LOL)

Here are the results after dolling this cutie up! 



Adding ribbon, roses and pink tulle really gave the white tulle a pop don't you think?



Awe and look how sweet.....


My two youngest granddaughters.....





Hope you've enjoyed my toots today!Needless to say, outside of the bride herself these two little gals took the show! (LOL)

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

 

Comments

  1. Cindy, it turned out beautiful, just like our granddaughters. You are one talented lady! Thank you for all your help in making Brittany and Joe's wedding day perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Oh, and the wagon was beautiful, too! Your granddaughers are precious - what fun to share together in a wedding. And such a nice 'carriage' to ride in!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady you are so talented. Beautiful.
    Jackie C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Cindy, that is the cutest wagon EVER! But those little girls are beautiful! Love how the wagon turned out. I bet you hated taking off what you had done. I would have just set it up and looked at it for a while. (LOL) Selena Guest

    ReplyDelete
  5. u done good! sooooooo cute!Richelle Starling

    ReplyDelete
  6. The girls are adorable!

    I'm amazed at your creativity... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That turned out so darling! But, the little cuties there just made it! Pictures are beautiful Cindy. Thanks for sharing your creativity. Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest thing ever! The girls are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is possibly the most cutest thing I have ever seen. Second only to the little ones riding in it. Makes me wish we had a wedding coming up. I'm pinning it so it will be there when I need it.
    WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cindy! This is precious!!!! You are so creative...and your granddaughters are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how adorable, Cindy! Your grandkids are so precious and beautiful! And you are so creative, that tulled cart looks so pretty...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just love your darling wagon, but, those faces steal the show, cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't sure where you were going with it at first ... but how darling for two darling little girls!

    I'm thinking tulle can hide a multitude of sins ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's what I call talented creativity. I can't sew a stick but oh how I wish I could make such darling things for my grandchildren and family:)

    Those darlings of yours are simply adorable! Thank you so much for sharing the day with us Cindy. Congrats to the bride and groom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness... now I want one of those.... and I don't even need it for a wedding! lol Darling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a...

{A Celebration of Forty Years of Marriage}

Marty and I just celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary on September 23rd. On one hand, it seems like it was FOREVER ago that we said "I do" and on the other hand, it really doesn't seem that long ago.   We began dating at the age of 16, married at age 18 and began our family at age 20. WOW! Babies, right? I always said that we grew up with our children.  My friend Janice told me that most people can't commit 40 days much less 40 years and that is so very true. God has been so merciful to us over the years and the grace that He has poured out on us is about more than my little brain can comprehend. We have been truly blessed and we have not deserved one ounce of His blessings!  We have had hard times, bad times, grief, and to be totally honest, there were times we both wondered if we would make it! God has shown us Grace and Mercy over and over again. He sure loves us so much.  The question was asked to me, "What has been y...

{Tea Cup and Mug Exchange} So much fun!

I joined the talented and gifted Stephanie from The Enchanting Rose blog for her tea cup and mug exchange. This was my 3rd time of participating and it was so much fun. Stephanie will be posting on her Blog about the exchange on Wednesday so be sure to hop over there this week and visit.  http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/   Linda from https://ladylindateacup.blogspot.com/  was given my name to send a teacup too.   She went above and beyond and needless to say, I could not wait to open my package when it arrived. It felt like Christmas opening up all those sweet packages. I am in love with my new tea cup! Isn't she a beauty? And of course I named her, "LADY LINDA" . Just look at all the sweet things that Lady Linda sent to me! Look at that precious Dress Dish Towel she made for me! So, so cute! It was so nice to make a new blogging friend and I truly do enjoy our exchanges. I was given Margie's name to ...