Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

FRIDAY FAVORITES

Love me some Friday Favs.....With so much talent out there it is hard to pick just a few things each week to show...Hope you enjoy my favs for this week.

I spotted this and thought it was the cutest idea! It is called a School Supply Caddy but would be a great idea for those that love to do crafts or for the kids/grandkids play room.



LOVE this idea! A Table from pallet's



Now I just want you to look at this! A Santa hat valance!


You have got to take the time to look at this site. It has the cutest ideas for Christmas gifts for friends with sayings!



And awe for the sewer's! Fabric scrap bunting ideas!



I made this Mexican Casserole about a week ago. It was GREAT! The only thing I done different was I added some black beans and saved the chips and we crushed them on our casserole after it was cooked. Of course I did add a dash of hot sauce and sour cream to mine! GREAT


Oh I love this tablescape! Aren't the dishes just lovely?

www.purplechocolathome.blogspot.com

Look at this shelf made out of a pallet! 

 www.domesticdoozie.blogspot.com

And I leave you with this...... 

 www.dawncamp.bigcartel.com

Hugs and blessings, Cindy



Comments

  1. Can you even believe all the neat things that can be made from pallets?!?!? It's unreal. I have a board on Pinterest just for that!! ;-) HOPE you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Friday Favorites today. My favorite might be the pallet table. I saw a brand new pallet in the dumpster the other day, and I wanted it so bad. But I was in my car and didn't think it would fit in there even if I could dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabric Bunting and Pallet Shelf are my faves of your faves this week. My bedroom is in a country theme with brick reds and country blues. Unfortunately, my breaker box is on the bedroom wall in a weird place. That pallet shelf would be perfect to cover it. Need to check into that.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone has Christmas on her brain! :) I love the caddy idea and that would be easy to set up pretty quickly. I may have to make one next time my nephew is over. He is the only one who still likes to craft with me. :)

    Hugs,

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum. that mex casserole looks delish.

    I think I have everything in the fridge to make us one for supper..

    I like that pallet shelf too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome finds, cindy! love the santa hat valance! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great favorites!! Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all Miss Cindy but I must say that the Santa hat stole my heart.
    Selena Guest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great favs. I absolutely love the last one. The book shelf made of pallets is really neat as well. Thanks for sharing the favs with us. Hugs and Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy,
    What wonderful ideas! My DIL used the pallet idea to hang on the wall and arranged her special plates in it; very cute! I love the last quote too. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so many great ideas in one post. I love the fabric bunting...thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds as usual Cindy! I love that school supply storage!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Cindy! I love the pallet ideas. Your casserole dish looks so YUMMY! And you quote of the day is so SPOT ON!
    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget