Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Some Of My Favorite Things) with Reviews


I thought I might share a few of my favorite things today with you all and even give you a few reviews. I love it when other's share things they like or love and give their honest opinions on it. Doesn't mean we will all LIKE it or LOVE it but who knows? We might just want to give it a try. Right? 
Since I posted a picture of a pineapple I do love fresh pineapple. I actually have tried to get in the habit of eating more fresh fruits. My husband eats fruit all the time so I try to keep some kind of fresh fruit around. His favorite is apples. I love fresh pineapple salsa with grilled salmon. Here is the recipe if you'd like Salmon and Pineapple Salsa.
Salsa: 3 limes or lemons juiced but juice 1 lime in a small bowl and juice the other two limes in another bowl. 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil. 1 tsp. honey, I use raw. 1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple. 1/4 red onion, chopped. 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro. I grow herbs so right now I have plenty of cilantro. Kosher salt and black pepper. In a bowl whisk together the juice of 2 limes, olive oil and honey. Grill your salmon as you normally would. We use a gas grill and cook it about 5-6 minutes per side. Brush mixture on each side of salmon as it cooks. We grill salmon with skin on so I brush one side. Next, mix remaining lime juice, cilantro, pineapple, onion, salt and pepper together. Serve with salmon. **I like to scoop some of the salsa on top of my salmon**. My man doesn't care for salsa on his salmon but likes the taste the brushed on rub gives.
Another thing that we both like are the Sandwich thins. I have been buying this product for a long time.  You can get the  wheat, multigrain, honey and etc. There are different ones to choose from. We like them all. Now when it comes to a good old BLT...oh it's white fresh bread all the way for me and my favorite white bread is Wonder.


I think I have shared before that I discovered the L'oreal Infallible eye shadows. I stumbled across this brand one day when looking for a cream eye shadow that doesn't crease and that lasts all day. I have several different colors and what I like about this brand is  there is an eye shadow applicator attached on the bottom of the product. They have an array of colors to choose from though I am a pretty basic stick to a few colors kind of gal. Price is good. But, it does what it says it will do. It last all day. The thing I like most about is that for older women such as myself, it does not clump up and appear to have that dry look or painted on look. LORD KNOWS I need all the help I can get so I have found a keeper! I watch for sales ads from Walgreen's. You can often catch these on sale.



I love pretty nail and toe polish and I am a fan of reds and berries. Matter of fact I have on dark berry now. But, my favorite fall back on color for summer has got to be Cajun Shrimp



Several movies that I would like to share and I know that so many of you have seen "I can only imagine", but if you haven't you need too. It is the best movie ever. Such a perfect reflection of God's grace, mercy, love, forgiveness, and redemption. 



I think this movie got a lot of mixed reviews. Some excellent and some not so good. But for me, I loved it. To me a movie most often speaks to everyone different. For me this movie spoke on some realities of life whether we like it or not. But Kindness spoke the loudest to me. The truth is, all we really want is for people to just be kind. 


For many years I have been a Cetaphil fan. With such sensitive skin it was hard for me to find something that I liked everything about the product but Cetaphil does that for me.  I have tried Aveeno Facial scrub and really liked it a lot too. I did not see that it cleaned any more or any less than the Cetaphil. Cost: I actually get more for my money in the Cetaphil. But, for a change up, when I catch the Aveeno on sale I buy it. 




And lastly, only so that you can have a good laugh today.....I highly recommend a good ole stop at a thrift store! LOL! 
You know what they say, "another man's junk is another man's treasure". I truly don't go thrifting a lot and I take it by spells but I just so happened to snag a few treats that made me smile recently.



The bowl was 50 cents and since I have lots of dishes in this pattern you know that I had to buy it! The cute little white dish...Awe...I just loved it. Especially for 25 cents



The white pitcher was 50 cents and I was NOT going to pass up those pretty white napkin rings trimmed in gold. 12 of those in a bag for $2.99. NOPE, I am not a big spender but it sure does do my old heart good to do a little thrifting.  I recommend it highly! LOL! 



And...you know I cannot do a post without posting something about my family! They are indeed my FAVORITE....I have been enjoying a few pretties from my yard. I have two granddaughter's that love PICKING Nana's flowers....even though I might not want them picked right then... So we made a pretty little bouquet recently. 

This cutie loves my flowers....



And this silly girl. 





But, I am just thankful I have these kiddos to share flowers  with. Here's to wishing you a great day and remember, 

Today, show a little kindness...even if you feel it's undeserved.

And....let a child pick a flower....even if you don't won't it picked. Chances are the flower will grow again. A chance for making memories may not. 

Joining my friend Jann from 

https://jannolson.blogspot.com/2018/06/share-your-cup-295.html

Be sure to visit with her. She's a doll. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

















Comments

  1. I just love these posts!!! As you know I found ELF products. I used to Cetaphal. Thanks for the many smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda . Yes i found some lELF lipstick at the Dollar Tree . You know i done the happy dance .

      Delete
  2. Oh, I always enjoy stopping by and especially reading your favorites. I love the sandwich thins and had a sandwich on one this evening, I've seen both movies and they are a favorite of mine as well, and while I like Cetaphil, I find CeraVe a much richer lotion/cream and I use it daily. I don't do a lot of buying at thrift stores but I sure do take a boatload to them, almost weekly. I love your recent finds. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea. I donate clothes to a clothing closet that once a month they have a giveaway. Matter of fact, I need to clean those closets out again. Yes, I loved both of those movies too.

      Delete
  3. Your thrift store scores and cute grandkids made me smile too! I was pretty good about limiting any purchases...until garage sale season arrived. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Margie! It's hard to pass up a yard sale or garage sale isn't it? I take it by spells and most often when I go that is really my plan for that day. To shop the yard sales, garage sales and thrift stores. And I do enjoy it but I have to be in the mood.

      Delete
  4. I love the thoughts at the end about picking a flower...so important to let our sweet ones pick those flowers regardless...if we stop them they may never do it again, and we will miss such a blessing and so will they. Thanks for all the good tips and info. I enjoyed reading it all and may check out some of those items. Love your dish/thrift store finds. I keep trying to avoid such places, because I always find something I just have to have whether I need it or not...Love your post. Thank you for being YOU>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Me and one of those sweet grandgirls didn't pick flowers yesterday but she loves my herbs and especially the way Rosemary smells so....we picked rosemary. LOL!

      Delete
  5. We have such similar tastes! I love fresh pineapple.... and pineapple salsa. My favorite sandwich thins are flax seed...yummy....and you know I'm crazy about thrift stores. I loved I Can Only Imagine, too... although it was sad. 😔 I'm glad you let your girls pick flowers. One of my Grandmother's would let me pick flowers and one forbid it... guess which one made me happy! 😊 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Deb. Well, I won't to be that Nana that leaves some sweet, crazy and fun memories for sure. We picked rosemary yesterday. I have Melissa's girls on Monday nights and Tuesdays and I am hoping by next week more flowers might be in bloom.

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, Cindy! Thanks for the heads up on recipes. I love pineapple but it gives me headaches. We actually will pick one up at the grocery store for a love gift now and then for our daughter. Thx for the review on the eye shadow too. And always, your family photos are the best. Beautiful grands and your flowers look great! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked to someone recently that said pineapple gave them headaches too. WOW!

      Delete
  7. I love this kind of post! I too really enjoy several of the goodies you shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey. I love it too when I see others posts on reviews or things they simply like.

      Delete
  8. Yes, I like this kind of post. I always learn something. You have given me an idea to do one of these posts sometime.
    I love your advice about letting a child pick a flower. You are so right and sharing your flowers with your girls is a special bond. I got my love of flowers from my mother and I believe was caught by my daughter as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. Well, there is nothing any sweeter than the look on a child's face while picking a flower.

      Delete
  9. So many wonderful things you enjoy. Thanks for sharing Cindy. Those sweet little faces bring us all a smile. Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I found some new things to try. And you don't have to tell me to go thrifting! I do it on a regular basis! It is a passion in my blood, girl. Love the pics of your cute granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When thrifting is in your blood you just can't help it. LOL! My motherinlove loved to go to yard sales. Our family has a few cute stories we share back and forth about her yard sales. Such fond memories.

      Delete
  11. Those are a lot of my favorites too! I've been loving mangoes and nectarines lately! The kids are SO cute! You always do so well at the thrift store. They have way better prices than our thrift stores. Did you get to the yard sales this past weekend? I need a pedi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't make it to the yard sales Heather but the one little thrift store stop paid off for me and I spent less than $5. LOL! Sometimes I can find a thrift store that has thrift prices but sometimes...not so much!

      Delete
  12. Grandkids are the best, aren't they! Love the white dish and pitcher. I don't wear much make up. Never really learned much about it. Too old now and too lazy! Love reading your posts! Have a great day! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I wish I didn't need to wear makeup. That would be one less thing for me to worry with. LOL!

      Delete
  13. Great post, Cindy! Thanks for showing these products and their review. I try not to eat a lot of bread but I do love these Sandwich Thins and have purchased them many times since they have come on the market. Who needs all of that thick bread on a Sammy anyways? We have never grilled salmon...I don't know why. I love salmon patties but I am not a fan of "fishy" tasting fish and I have had some salmon that was a little strong for my liking. I guess I'm afraid after spending the $$ on it, I would surely pick the wrong piece...lol! I have to say that I agree with you about the movie I Can Only Imagine...I didn't want it to end...such a fabulous story and it makes it even better when you know it was a true story. And any day when you find some great thrift store bargains is a GOOD day...you got some great items! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I used to hate the thoughts of eating a piece of fish PERIOD! And I am still not crazy about catfish. I do love the grilled fish better. Years ago after watching too many cooking shows one day when I should have been cleaning house....I decided we were trying some grilled salmon. Now my man loves it and when I can catch it on sale I buy it. Yep, I was pleased with my little thrift buys. Marty was real please cause I spent less than $5. LOL!

      Delete
  14. OK... I'm laughing about your two cuties, picking your flowers! You are a wonderful grandmother! They are blessed to have such a patient and loving grandmother, too.
    I also, chuckled about not passing up a "treasure". I love to find little gems, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Well, their Papa will let them pick all my flowers.! LOL! The 2 year old grandgirl will pick her mama weeds to carry to her and if that isn't the cutest things ever.

      Delete
  15. I love reading favorite things that my friends love, Cindy! I do love pineapple salsa, too. I don't wear eye shadow, but maybe I need to try the brand you love. I cleanse with Cetaphil, also. Picking flowers with your grands is so special. Yes, those flowers will grow back, and making memories is the best! I want to watch both of those movies, Cindy, and look forward to seeing them. Love to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty, if you get a chance watch them both. Really good movies. I have been a Cetaphil fan for years as recommended by a dermatologist. I did like the Aveeno too.

      Delete
  16. I so enjoyed this post, but the best part of all was your quote at the end. Moments with those precious littles are so important. They grow up way too fast, don't they? So nice to visit with you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Cheryl. Yes, they grow up too fast. Life surely passes us by quickly.

      Delete
  17. Oh I so love sitting on the deck looking out into my Hydrangea bushes at the blooms and since they are not as many this yr I thought I would leave them a lone....but NO, I had to cut some and take them in that way I could enjoy them in and out. I am not a big pineapple fan but mix it in a cake with cherries and I am good to go...haha. Your pineapple/apple arrange looks so cute on the counter. I love thrifting or Goodwilling and I love a good buy! You did really well on what you picked up. Not pricey and you got some great pieces! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Those hydrangea's are so pretty to me this time of year. I love them and like you...hate almost picking them. But oh I do love a pretty arrangement with them. Thanks for coming by to visit.

      Delete
  18. I saw both movies and loved them both. I actually cried more watching WONDER. Both good movies. I've used Ponds and Oil of Olay for cleanser and moisturizer. Good thrift finds too. That was a steal on those napkins rings Cindy. Love how you let those grands pick your flowers. Yes, memories are more important.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. Yes I thought I got a deal of a deal on those pretty napkins rings. I was so afraid I would break one before I could get home with them. I have a friend that has used Oil of Olay her whole life and she said she didn't care how much it cost she would never change. LOL!

      Delete
  19. Hi Cindy! Thank you for your reviews. I think we all love Cajun Shrimp, it says summer. I loved “I Can Only Imagine” I would be upset if you didn’t include pics of the grands, they are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cindy, I love fruit and pineapple is so yummy! Love it grilled too. I put it in a bag with butter and brown sugar, mush it around, then we toss it on the grill for 5 minutes. . .heavenly! We loved Wonder, but I haven't see I can only imagine. I've heard its fabulous! The girls are too cute and have such a fun grandma!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will have to try the pineapple grilled that way. I have had grilled pineapple and liked it. You should see I can only imagine. Very good.

      Delete
  21. So many great things! I have not seen either of those movies, but I LOVE THAT SONG! I can only imagine that the movie is going to be great! ( pun intended) : ) Have a great day, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved all your pics friend! And I'm gonna have to get me some of that eye shadow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the eye shadow . It does last all day but best of all it doesn’t cake up . ❤️

      Delete
  23. I agree, it is always nice to see what products other people use, and why they love them, giving their honest opinions. I just loved the recipe you shared for the salmon and pineapple salsa, that sounds soo good! Makes me want to grill salmon soon! Sweet, sweet pictures of the grands, they are just precious, oh those smiles! Melt your heart!!!! Blessings and hugs to you sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cindy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! Loved this post filled with so much eye candy!! I will have to look for the eye shadow as I pretty much use mostly Loreal products in the way of make up...Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget