Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Merry Christmas Everyone}

My Skinny Tree in a Sleigh

I have sure missed blogging with everyone but after I returned from New York with my family it seems that I have been full steam ahead.


I hope that you all are ready for Christmas.
I must say that I was on top of things this season. All my decorating and most every gift was taken care of before Thanksgiving this year. YAY! Of course I have had tons of piddly things to do but have enjoyed the holidays for sure. 
We had such a blast in New York. This was my first trip and I am so glad that I was able to spend this time with my three daughters, three oldest grandgirls and my sweet friend Kim who is also my daughter Melissa's motherinlove.

We left on a Tuesday morning and I got home on Saturday morning around 1:15. We did so much in a short amount of time. I can't even begin to tell you all that we done. Two of my daughter's had been to New York so knew the ropes pretty much. THANK THE LORD they did because this country gal would still be standing there waiting on someone to help me! LOL!


Not quite sure I have ever seen such Christmas beauty as I did in New York. But not quite sure I have ever seen such fast pace lifestyles either! WHOA!  I truly do love my quieter lifestyle for sure.

This was the most beautiful church ever!

Grandgirls ice skated while Nana had Belgium hot chocolate! BEST EVER! 

 Statue of Liberty

 I made so many pictures that there is no way I can show them all. I did post pictures of our trip on Facebook.

New York Library
You could spend hours in this massive library! The detail to architect and beauty was amazing.
I LOVE Christmas and needless to say New York was filled with Christmas! 
Rockefeller Plaza 
When our plane landed and we got to our hotel room as soon as our luggage was in the room we hit the ground running. The hotel was in downtown Manhattan and very nice. We were greeted with bottled water and our choice of snacks. A full breakfast was served every morning. But, my favorite part was that they had coffee, hot chocolate and cookies 24-7! LOL! 

Central Park
I was blown out of the water at just how large Central Park is! 
We covered quite a few shops. Each one decorated so lovely. Of course Macy's was my favorite. That was an outing all on its own! I love how each window was decorated differently. I could have spent hours in Macy's.


Skyline

My three beauties.

YEP, a girl can sure wish...right? 

My girls asked me what did I really wanted to do while in New York. I told them that my goal was to see the Rockettes and to have a slice of New York Pizza! Well, I can tell you that I would fly back to New York again JUST to see the Rockettes. I can't even put into words at just how wonderful that production was. It was not only beautifully done but simply phenomenal! And....that pizza was the best I have ever had! OR...I was mighty hungry by the time I got it! 


We had snow one morning and oh did that ever add the magic to our trip. We all got so excited that we ran out of the hotel without our jackets! I have a couple of great videos of the snow that morning.
 
Empire State Building

At the Friends Fountain from the show "Friends" in Central Park


I felt so blessed to be able to share this special time with these girls

First time on the subway. I have had so many tell me they wouldn't ride the subway because they were afraid. Well, either I don't have enough sense to be afraid or it just honestly didn't bother me. I actually loved the subway! 

The Christmas tree in our hotel.


911. Very moving...........Counted my blessings. 


YES............was so delicious with a cup of coffee.

I carried little gifts in my suitcase for everyone. Socks in case they needed an extra pair, flavored chap stick to keep their lips from getting so wind burned and of course hot chocolate! But, we had all the hot chocolate we could drink provided by our hotel. 

This is what I knew I would need when I returned home from New York....

The American Girl Doll store was a joy as I am truly a kid at heart. My granddaughter Kyleigh had been saving her money since her birthday in May and she bought a doll named Luciana. My mercy the things you can buy for these dolls! We had Luciana's ears pierced...yes, you can do that there. And...there is a beautician on staff to fix their hair if you desire. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$


We surely enjoyed our time together. We covered lots of shopping areas, out to eat and some of the best food ever. We even had so much food left over one night that we stopped and gave it to a homeless man. My prayer was he would feel full and blessed. 

 We all shared that big boy!

Oh and I did get some roasted chestnuts. I've seen too many hallmark movies so had to try them. They weren't nearly as good as they make them look on TV! LOL! 

 Everyone made a list of what they truly wanted to do in New York and we done them all. 
Macy's
Mail letters to Santa at Macy's
New York Library
National Museum of Natural History 
Rockettes
Empire State Building
Ferry to the Statue of Liberty
Ice skating
Rockefeller Plaza
Rockefeller Center
Saks Fifth Avenue Holiday Light Show
American Girl Doll Store
Central Park
Subway
New York Pizza
Juniors Famous Cheesecake
911
St. Patrick's Cathedral  
I am sure I am leaving something out!  Girls, it took me two days to get over that trip! LOL! I was so tired by the time I got home that I think I passed out before hitting my pillow! There is NO PLACE LIKE HOME! 
There's things that should I go back to New York I wouldn't care to do again. But, there are some things that oh yes, I would do again for sure.  However, no offense to anyone but I can assure you that I would never want to live in New York. I love the simplicity of my life. New York is one beautiful city at Christmas and the memories made was worth every single STEP I took....which was a LOT!!!
I think my feet and legs are still in shock! 


The next time I go to New York, I plan to do a few new things....and I surely will get a slice of that New York Pizza again!

I pray that you all have a Merry Christmas and a most wonderful New Year. May God bless you in a mighty way.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 

  

Comments

  1. What a wonderful post!!! I can assure you-we here in western NY do not live in a fast paced world. Only the "city" my friend. I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Welcome home and I agree, There is no place like home, smiles.

    I just adore your skinny tree, smiles. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lida, I heard that Manhattan was the busiest part of New York and that the outer skirts of New York was not. Which I did see that for myself as we went through Queens. It was nothing compared to Manhattan. I was telling my girls that you were about 6 hours away from us. Wish we had of been closer!

      Delete
  2. Cindy, I loved all your great pictures of the time in NYC. I want to return there one day. Your family is full of pretty women. :) Blessings for a Merry Christmas to all of you. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I would love to go back one day again. I want to see some of those broadway shows. But I must say, The Christmas light festival was wonderful and the Rockettes...my fav.

      Delete
  3. Oh Cindy, I am not surprised that you were tired after the great time you had in NYC. It's wonderful how you and your family have such amazing times together.
    Thanks for the Christmas wishes and A VERY Happy Christmas to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We truly do enjoy one another and we had a most wonderful time.

      Delete
  4. I loved reading about your trip. You gals certainly accomplished a lot in a short time. It is a fast paced city that never sleeps and it wears me out when I go but I love it (would not want to live there either). I thought of you when it started snowing! I'm so glad you got to experience it in NYC. The subway (and walking) is the way to go in NYC and it's not bad at all! You've given me a few ideas of what I still need to do there. Wishing you and your family a blessed holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did a lot on that trip. I was shocked at how a walk to a particular destination might take 6 minutes versus a 26 minute cab ride and that did not include waiting on the cab! Traffic was just that crazy. However Heather Lou...my next trip....I think I may need a whole day in the hotel for down time! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I love your tree. I have a skinny tree too and love it. I decided to put a small one in my kitchen this year. You inspired me. I am so glad that you enjoyed NY with the girls. The pictures are great. I am not sure I could hold out for all that walking!
    Merry Christmas Cindy.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. I love my little tree in my kitchen. Next year I might put the skinny tree in the kitchen. Girl...I done some walking!WHOA!

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous trip Cindy, a lifetime of memories for all of you! You did really pack it full of wonderful activities and sights! So many beautiful photos! Next year I am going to get a head start like you did, too stressful do wait til the last minute! I hope you can rest up and relax and enjoy the rest of the season with your family now!
    ❤️ Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenna, I have gotten to that age now that I am trying really hard to NOT add extra stress to my life if I can help it. LOL! We did have a great time.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Cindy - what a neat trip! I love NYC but have never been there this time of year (have always sung in church choir and have too many practices to consider travelling.) You have inspired me to try - what a gloriously fun trip.

    Your home - and family - are beautiful.

    Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and yours, dear lady. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele. Girl...go to New York City at Christmas! So very pretty. And you can sing some there...I ran into some that surely needed some Jesus music....LOL!

      Delete
  8. Cindy, I followed your trip on FB and enjoyed all the photos. I have been to NYC 3 times at Christmas, it is truly magical! I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy it with your daughters and older granddaughters. It was fun seeing it through your eyes sweet friend!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. We did have such a wonderful time. I have decided that Christmas is surely the time to go there...though it was CRAZY busy!

      Delete
  9. Love your skinny tree, I think I'm going to have one next year. Oh my goodness, did y'all have fun in NYC or what? Loved all the pictures and all the smiles, precious memories were made. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Mary. I enjoy that tree too. Perfect size.

      Delete
  10. Looks like it was a dream trip for everyone! What a wonderful time of the year to go to NYC. You all were brave and smart too! so glad you found everything you wanted to see and do. Thank you for sharing the beauty of it all with us. But yes, I understand what you mean, "there's no place like home." Welcome back down to earth! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was brave not smart???? LOL! Nope! Praise the Lord for daughters!

      Delete
  11. WOW!!! You didn't miss a thing!
    And to think you got to be there with all those bee-u-t-full girls!
    Great pictures and I'm sure great memories.
    Welcome back and now get ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. Girl, I am ready for Christmas. Love it!

      Delete
  12. What an awesome trip and memory for you and your girls. I so enjoyed seeing your daily pics on Facebook. Wishing you and yours the merriest of Christmases.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I smiled all the way through this post, dear Cindy! Seeing all your happy faces and knowing all the fun you had just made my day. You will have memories to last forever!! I also was touched knowing that you gave leftover food to a homeless man. I know that feeling of No Place Like Home! God bless you and your family, and thank you for sharing your trip through your blog and FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

      Delete
  14. Wow Cindy what a wonderful trip to NYC. I so enjoyed the fun photos, lots of great memories were created. Merry Christmas to you and yours, xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy this is the best trip tour evere!!! New York is on our bucket list to do. Terry wants to go to the 911 memorial too. I hope next year we can plan a trip there. Hey you and your sweet daughters need to make a trip to Chicago so we can meet up. We have better pizza and skating and shopping on the Mag Mile and the lights and hotels are the best at Christmas. We have that big lake and Navy Pier which probably would be better to come in the summer for lake and beach stuff. We are going down to the Mccormick Mansion that is now Lawry's Prime Rib for Christmas Eve and then will walk the mag mile for the shops and all the pretty lights all a glow. Then my two grand girls will have lunch at the American Girl Doll Cafe with their dolls. So much fun. I am like you when I get into the big cities I feel lost. I feel fortunate to have family that knows how to navigate these places. I hope we can get to New York. Have a very Merry Christmas. Love your skinny tree in the sleigh. Too adorable! Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you and Terry get to go Kris. Girl...don't be tempting me with another trip! LOL! I told my girls that we had to start planning another trip before we left NY! LOL! Sounds like you have a lovely town and full of Christmas too. My kind of place with all the beautiful Christmas. Oh I know that you will enjoy your holiday time. Merry Christmas Kris.

      Delete
  16. What lovely pictures from your trip! I have never been to New York; it sounds so busy! But I bet it was beautiful at Christmastime.
    Merry Christmas!

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very busy Ashley! But so glad I went. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  17. Oh, what a wonderful time you must have had! It looked like scenes from Hallmark movies! Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful photos with us, and may the Lord bless you and yours with a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...thanks Cheryl and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  18. What a fabulous! It has been of mine to visit NYC at Christmastime. You gals did it up right!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw my comment flicker by...something’s wrong. 🙃 Not sure what...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great trip to New York hat you had and extra special because you got to do it with your girls! That is truly a blessing. Have a wonderful Christmas! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!! It looks like your NYC tour was a blast! You and your family have made precious memories for sure! Wishing you a blessed Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely decorations, Cindy, and great photos of your NYC adventures. Happy holidays!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Cindy, a belated Merry Christmas! I enjoyed your pictures of New York. I was there in 2008 in the fall. We were there just 3 days before our cruise. I still have the pictures at my webhome.
    http://www.garden4mylord.com/NewYork.html
    I plan to save as much as I can from my website this year before I let it go. Blogger is just easier to use. I have had my webhome for 20 years and it will be hard to let go but it is time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I will check out the NY pictures girl.

      Delete
  24. I somehow missed this fun post during the holiday rush.

    What a fun trip! I went to NYC in December back in 2008 and also had a blast experiencing the touristy stuff, as well as the Big Apple's holiday energy. I would love to go back when the weather is warmer (but not in the heat of summer) to do more outdoor stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm catching up again - as it always seems to be! I loved reading about your trip to NYC and seeing your photos. I have only been to NYC at night! I was on a business trip to New Jersey, just across the water from NYC. One of the corporate sales reps asked if any of us 'west coast' girls would like to go into 'The City' after dinner. That city never sleeps, for sure. Vendors out selling at midnight. We got to Broadway just after the lights shut off! My fondest memory - and sad in many ways - was drinks at the top of the World Trade Center. I had 7-Up and stood at the windows looking out on the city for a long time while my peers enjoyed their drinks and eats. I remember as we rode the elevator up to the 110th floor, my thoughts were that I would hate to be in that building if there was a fire. I knew I wouldn't be capable of taking the steps all the way down in a panic. Needless to say, that feeling came back the morning of 9/11. I'd love to go back to The City and tour and see the things you saw in the daytime. We did ride the Staten Island Ferry out past the Statue of Liberty at night. She was beautiful! Thank you for sharing NYC with us. And I'm glad you had that Christmas time with your girls.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th