Skip to main content

Happy May!

Happy May! I wanted to pop in and share a few pictures from my month of April which seemed to fly by quickly. As I am trying to catch up with my blogging friends today I realized it had been a month since I last posted. My mercy! But, I am so busy doing this thing we call life here on earth and enjoying every moment that I can. With my immediate family of 14 there is never a dull moment y'all!   We had three family birthdays in April. My SIL David, granddaughter Adalynn and oldest granddaughter Raygen.  Our favorite grandson Conner (only grandson) carried his girl to the prom. We had to snap at least one picture with Mom and Nana! Two of my elementary school friends and I get together at least once every 4-5 weeks so we went to breakfast and then to  Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. We always have so much fun.  The gardens are so beautiful that I couldn't even attempt to snap all the pictures I wanted. There are so many beautiful paintings to look at this but this was one of

{Getting my Spring and Easter On}


Don't you love my little truck?????


Decided in the midst of all the scares and negativity we have going on that I would set my table for Spring-Easter.


I wanted a simple table with a little fun but yet a tad of elegance and I think I succeeded in all three areas. I mean who doesn't like Easter eggs? And pretty tea cups? And, touches of pastel never fail during Spring-Easter.

I adore my Bunny tea pot. I was gifted her in 2000 and I put her out on display every year. I added just a few touches here and there of vintage Easter along with a miniature tea cup that belonged to my late motherinlove.


And you talk about smell good! Now that Cotton and Freesia from Bath and Body surely makes you want to wash your hands a lot!


A thrifted bed sheet sure made a pretty colorful tablecloth too.


Another aspect of our weekend was meat processing. My FIL helped Marty and we sure enjoyed a good deer steak that night. GIRLS, WE MIGHT RUN OUT OF TOILET PAPER BUT WE GOT DEER MEAT TO EAT! No harm intended here...we gotta laugh to keep from crying at times...


We celebrated our favorite grandson's birthday yesterday afternoon with a family cookout. 

A group of his friends came over for a pizza and game night.


This young man turned 14. Where has the time gone too? He is my 2nd born grandchild and my only grandson. He is actually the only grandson on both sides of his family. He stands amidst 5 girls on his mom's side and 6 girls on his dad's side. I would say he is highly outnumbered. BUT....only in gender because his crazy, fun, outgoing, energetic, athletic, jokester personality surely sets him apart.

There is never a dull moment when he is around. He is such a jokester and you never know what he may come up with that will have you nodding your head or laughing your head off.


We are proud of this young man and I believe with all my heart that God has great things in store for him. He is everything I just mentioned but, he's kind, respectful, well mannered and above all, he's a child of the King of Kings. WHAT BETTER COULD I DESIRE?  Happy birthday Conner!

 Ending today I would like to share with you my scripture from my devotional reading this morning.

"But my eyes are toward thee, Oh Lord God; in thee I seek refuge, leave me not defenseless". Psalm 141:8

I don't know about y'all....BUT THIS IS BIG! Keep our eyes on Jesus!


 Hugs and blessings, Cindy


Comments

  1. I'll be right over, lol...Happy Birthday Connor!!! Hey, have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over lady. Thanks for my grandson's birthday wish.

      Delete
  2. That truck! I love it. I would love dining with you on that pretty table. Happy birthday to Conner. Boy, he has grown in that comparison picture! We had deer stew a few weeks ago. Compliments to my nephew and his wife. Praying for us all during this time and trusting God.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. He has grown so much. LOVE me some deer stew.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your amazing (and ONLY) grandson. Tomorrow is my youngest granddaughter 17th bd. It's Spring break here so her friends at school had a party for her last Friday. Everything had, of course, a St. Patrick's theme.
    I love how you've done your Spring/Easter table. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GM. He is surely a fine young man. Happy birthday to your granddaughter. My oldest granddaughter and oldest grandchild at that, will be 16 her birthday in April.

      Delete
  4. Cindy, I love your spring-Easter table. It is adorable with the cute truck. Happy birthday to your grandson, he is handsome. Stay safe and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your Easter/spring table! Do you leave that up all the time and not eat there? Just wondering. We use our table for supper most nights, so I guess it would be difficult to leave something like that up all the time. But, I guess I could change my centerpiece to an Easter theme now. I'm a little behind on decorating this season! I do love your cute little truck! I haven't seen the pastel ones for spring. What a great idea!!! You are very talented and creative!! Happy Birthday to your handsome young man Conner! He certainly is a blessed and talented young man! I know you are enjoying him!! May God bless him with many many many more happy birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do seasonal, holiday tablescapes. Sometimes I only put a centerpiece on it. But our family sits at the table for Sunday dinners and we use my REAL stuff as I like to call it. LOL! Marty and I eat out of paper plates through the week as it's much easier. But I sure hate moving those dishes off and on the table for Sunday dinners so thank you Lord for a dishwasher! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the verse you shared, and love your beautiful tablescape, too! I had to pin it, it was so purdy! Happy Birthday to your dear grandson! What a boy to be proud of, and to know he is serving Jesus, too, that is just wonderful! Let's keep our eyes on Jesus and believe in His power to keep us and all our loved ones safe and FREE from sickness and disease, in Jesus' name. He is so faithful, and He is worthy of our trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. You are so sweet. Yes, in the Name of Jesus....His precious Name. Name above all Names!

      Delete
  7. I live your Easter decor, and that pretty sheet make for a lovely tablecloth. Your Conner is so handsome, and has such wonderful qualities. Great things are indeed in store for him. Happy Birthday blessings are sent to him.
    Thank you for the verses you shared, my friend. They are so appropriate for now and always. Love and blessings are sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. I have had that sheet forever! Used it for a backdrop for one of the grands pictures and decided to cut it down a tad and make a tablecloth. Worked perfect.

      Delete
  8. Hello sweet friend. Love your sweet Easter table. It looks so cute. Love that little truck so much. Adorable. Happy Birthday to your grandson. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Looking forward to seeing the She-shed.

      Delete
  9. Everything is beautiful but what intrigued me the most was the dining room wall with the 2 complimentary grapevine wreaths with the word sign between them. What a clever idea!!!

    And yes, of course, I love the green truck. How cute is that?! You did a fine job of incorporating fancy and casual all on one table. Love it!

    Happy Birthday too Conner! God has great things in store for him.

    Trusting the Lord here, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I made the wreaths some time back and a sweet friend gifted me the sign in the middle of them. I love it too.

      Delete
  10. Cindy,
    Love all your lovely Easter decorations and table!! Happy Birthday to your grandson!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that truck so much! I am looking forward to decorating for Easter and spring and you've got my motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table looks Easter ready Cindy! The little blue truck is adorable! That was so nice to celebrate your grandson's birthday with his friends, and how special that they wanted to! Keep laughing and praying, that's all we can do!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. Yes...we must have some humor in the midst of CRAZY.

      Delete
  13. Your cheery Easter table is just what I needed to see today. I especially like the adorable bunny teapot. The bunnies in my house will be coming out tomorrow--the first day of spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie I too love that bunny tea pot. She always is brought out for Spring and Easter.

      Delete
  14. You always have so much family love at your house! Beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is a big WOW WEE!
    The truck just tops it all off. And I like the colors you choose. Muted and not over powering.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home and decor always looks so GREAT. Love the truck. Looks like a great time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I just love your darling Easter tablescape but I gotta tell ya...something's just a tad off. Yeah, that's right...that cute little truck has the wrong candy in its bed...pastel Peanut M&M's!! LOL! Seriously, you know I'm kidding. And about the TP shortage...Adam just went out and got plenty of ammo for turkey hunting and there's plenty of venison in the freezer too! Great minds think alike! Listen stay safe and healthy, DEER friend! Hugs and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love, your little pick up!! Beautiful table settings too. Hope you and your wonderful family stay well during this time of unrest and uncertainty. One thing is for CERTAIN, God has the victory!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget