Skip to main content

{Vacation is over, now back to Reality}

  Well, I made it back to blog today! I've been MIA as several of my blogging friends pointed out and sent me sweet messages to check on me but I am back for today. We just returned from our family vacation and I always enjoy going but there is no place like home! I wanted to share a few pictures with you. I wish I could share them all but you'd be here for days! LOL!  Anna Maria Island was our destination this year together as a family. It's such a beautiful piece of paradise. The Island is only 7 miles so we traveled around on golf carts and bikes. The beaches are so lovely there. Such peaceful moments can sure be had at the ocean. Marty and I decided to take the ride and we even enjoyed the dip! It was breath taking and such a smooth ride. Our three beauties.  I did do some fishing but also lots of boating and a little reading.  We celebrated our middle daughter Melissa's 40th birthday while on vacation. We decorated a room in the house that we rented and went all ou

{Girls Just Wanna Have Fun} And We Did!


We had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. Let me just tell y'all a little secret. There is NEVER a dull or boring moment when my three daughter's are around!


After a wonderful lunch we all went outside and while the younger kids played us older kids played too. We set up a tripod with a remote control switch and we snapped no telling how pictures of ourselves goofing off. 


We got so tickled one time at ourselves because I had put the remote control in my pants pocket and I was trying to find it 
non-conspicuously to snap a picture!  


These gals of mine are crazy!






A couple of the younger girls got in on the fun. Needless to say a lot of my flowers got picked yesterday!


My oldest daughter did manage to get a picture with her two kids and the grandson doesn't like standing still long enough for a picture so that was a blessing. 


I was truly lavished with sweet gifts from my girls. I was so excited about my new cookbook. I love the Pioneer Woman and so I sat down last night and enjoyed a cup of coffee out of my new mug and looked at every single recipe in the book! So many good tips too. Pioneer Woman cookbook is a perfect decor addition to my kitchen as well. Now to use those gift cards as soon as I can.....Matter of fact I still have gift cards from my birthday that was in February. It's gonna be a dang good shopping day girls!


Nothing like the bond between a mother and her daughters. It is hard at times to express the reasons why that bond can be so strong but I saw this little piece somewhere and it is not written it word for word as I added some of my thoughts but I think it sums up a WHOLE lot.

1: Moms understands-Moms are the best sounding boards ever as for one reason, you will never be judged by your mama like others will judge you.  

2: Strong Bond-moms will love you regardless! Something about a women connecting to women in the real sense of "I've got your back". 

3: Diehard nurturer-A mom will do without so her children can have. She will provide protection and shelter and can easily go from being the nice, sweet lady to a MAMA BEAR about one of her children. 

4: Friendship-Though mothers and daughters need to maintain healthy boundaries, remembering that the title mom comes first there is qualities of friendship that should always be counted on like, trustworthiness, dependability, non-judgement, and support. Moms should teach their daughters how to be a friend by being an example. 

5: Love and Family matters-If family is not important then no one else in life will be either. Showing that you care for your family not only by words but by deeds will speak volumes for the rest of their life.  

I love the bond I have with my girls and God has been so good to me. I give Him all the praise. 



I hope that you all have a wonderful week and remember....


Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. squealing AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! A very happy belated Mother's Day to you sweet friend. I want to be adopted into your family, this being the only girl here, gets tiring, GRIN.

    Have a beautiful week, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful young women!! Yes Cindy, you are a young woman!! I love the flowers in your hair, all of you smiling and looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Miss Mary. My little grandgirls sure love picking Nana's flowers too! LOL!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post of the bond you have with your girls!! There’s nothing quite like that bond, Cindy! You are greatly blessed and it looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Mother's Day! All the pictures are so cute!! You have a harem of beauties! 💕
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful day indeed! You have a beautiful family and your daughters are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely family photos.

    I barely know how to operate the self-timer on my digital camera. So I'm impressed that your tripod had a remote control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! We had a tripod/selfie stick with a remote control. We had too much fun!

      Delete
  7. Cindy, you look like a sister rather than their mother. All four of you are beautiful ladies and your love for each other shows. You also enjoy each other company and laugh together. You have a beautiful family, and I am so glad your Mother’s Day was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Pam. Thanks so much. We do laugh a whole lot!

      Delete
  8. I can just imagine all the laughter and fun you and your daughters ( and grand daughters) have. Your poor grandson and husband are seriously outnumbered.
    I'm happy that your Mothers Day was such a great one. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really cheery post, Cindy, and I enjoyed it so much. The piece about who/what moms are is excellent. Recently I'm hearing the words, "sounding board", including from you. That must be something that needs my attention. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sounding board" sometimes, is all that is really needed.

      Delete
  10. Cindy, your pictures are beautiful! What struck me was I haven't seen anyone dressed up in two months! I haven't been many places and all I see are sweats and t-shirts. Y'all had on real blouses and looked so cute.
    I am happy your kids are close by and you can be together.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cracked me up Bonnie! Yep, mostly yoga pants is what I see or PJ pants. LOL! I sure do love me a down kinda day but after all, it was Mother's Day. LOL!

      Delete
  11. You're all so beautiful. You captured some really fantastic shots. It looks like you had the best day. I look forward to shopping in stores again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. We had a fun time goofing off. Yes, I am ready for a little retail therapy!

      Delete
  12. Oh Cindy what a beautiful day you had with your family. The pictures are so gorgeous and you can see the love in all of your smiles. Glad you had such a wonderful day. I had a birthday in April and got lots of gift cards and more for Mom's day. Can you imagine the kind of shopping day we are going to have when our stores open back up!!!! Woo Hoo! Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Yes girl...I got 4 gift cards tucked away from birthday. Hoping I can use them soon.

      Delete
  13. It is truly so beautiful to see how close you are to your girls! I am so thankful you all were able to be together on Mother's Day and have such a great time laughing together. It is good for the soul! May the Lord bless and keep all of you to see many, many more such days, sweet friend! Love and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Cheryl. I couldn't imagine my life being any different.

      Delete
  14. I have a feeling that your beginning statement about there never being a dull moment when your girls are around has a LOT to do with the fact that their MAMA is around too!! I have a feeling that they have taken after their MAMA, and they are fun loving and exciting because you are too. I can see that you all have such fun together, and that is such a blessing. You are a wonderful role model for your girls and grand-girls (and that one poor grand-son too! LOL) What joy for all to see. Thank you for sharing it with us. Loved it! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, life is too short to be boring. Girl's just wanna have fun...LOL!

      Delete
  15. Oh what a beautiful, special day you all enjoyed!! Aren’t we lucky to have our girls and their families close by?! I enjoyed brunch with my sweet MIL loving prepared by J then we enjoyed dinner with Michelle, Jeremy and Jack! And guess what?! Andy is being promoted at work and is moving to Illinois!! He’ll only be about 3 hours away instead of 23 hours!!! One of the best Mother’s Day presents ever!!! He starts next month! Happy week, dear Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful news about Andy! I am so happy for him and for you all. What a blessings!

      Delete
  16. You and your sweet girls are just the cutest! I love all of the pics! So glad you had such a great Moms Day. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you have a great time and so did the GIRLS.....nice. Love the pics and I love all the colors in the pics. Looks like you all go together just great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun that you were all together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely family...beautiful girls. Looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Mother's Day post, Cindy. You girls all shine with the love of Jesus through you; makes for a perfect photo of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pics, Cindy! You are so lucky to be so close with your daughters. Not everyone has that relationship with their Mom..I did not..could never live up to her expectations...Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many beautiful pictures. I added some to my Thankful post today. I think the older we get, the more appreciative we are of our family. Thankful to see our family is doing well. We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cindy, hi! What a beautiful bunch, what a lovely celebration.

    I'm hoping that I can be with my girls next year. I'm missing them so ...

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is awesome, Cindy! You have such a beautiful family.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget