Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Red, White and Blue}

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! 
Memorial Day honors America’s military men and women who lost their lives in service to their country and I don't know about y'all but RED, WHITE and BLUE will always prevail in my book. 

And my youngest granddaughter got all caught up with the RED, WHITE AND BLUE....



AND TWO!

She is celebrating her 2nd birthday today and a little ham she is! 



I done a little photo shoot of her to celebrate her red, white and two and she surely brought on the smiles. 



And the grins...



And  the wide mouth expressions when she would hear a tractor mowing in the fields nearby!



 We had a ball snapping pictures for this sweet girl. 



She just melts this Nana's heart...








I can't believe our youngest is already TWO! 




My mercy! I could just kiss her little face off! And pretty much do. 



Our family celebrated her birthday with a little family party with cake, cupcakes and ice cream. She was the center of attention no doubt! And, we don't have another birthday til June now! LOL! 

Thanks for indulging me with my favorite two year old as we celebrate her on this wonderful Memorial Day. 



I will close today with this as I type to you all from my little office at home..as I am enjoying a cup of tea and not from the tea canister you see in the picture as those teas have been long gone. But, I love the tea canister so much that I now keep other teas stored in it.  I am however enjoying a cup of peach tea and reading a piece from Emily Barnes "A Cup of Hope", resting in the promises of God's faithfulness that I'd like to share with you all. 

This is a short piece that I will share but it spoke volumes to me and I hope that it speaks to you.
You know the old saying, "Where there's life, there's hope"? Well, I would put it a little differently. I'd say, "Without Hope, life as we know it is simply impossible". How can survive without at least a tiny spark of possibility? How can we thrive without a healthy sense of promise? How can we grow unless hope keeps us looking and learning and moving forward? That's what hope really is, after all. It's the desire and ability to move forward. 

Happy Memorial Day!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy







Comments

  1. Happy Birthday wishes are sent to that little doll baby!! I can understand how you feel about her. They just melt our hearts, don’t they, Cindy? The cake is fabulous and just perfect for her. Happy Memorial Day, too. 🇺🇸❤️💙❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty. Yes her cake was perfect for her red, white and blue party.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your beautiful grand daughter and amazing pictures as always. That cakes look yummy too! I heard Emily Barnes speak years ago at a Christmas Bazar at a church. I have a few of her books too. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to sweet Annaleigh!! She is adorable. Looks like you had great weather for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Annaleigh! Wishes for many more. I hope you have a great upcoming week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Week started out rainy but we need it.

      Delete
  5. Happy 2nd Birthday to your adorable granddaughter! It's fun to see how the different cakes (I was wondering why there were different colours!) came together for one special birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marige, I have more cakes frozen. Never know when one might need a cake around here. LOL!

      Delete
  6. She is a little doll! I always enjoy seeing your photography of your grands.

    I'm starting up my blog again as I posted today, but I don't think it sent out the notifications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, glad to see you Katherine. Will have to visit you lady.

      Delete
  7. Oh, what a darling little sweetheart two year old you have to love and enjoy! You are truly blessed! And I love all the pictures...and that red white and blue cake! Did you do that? You are amazing! Your grandchildren are so blessed to have you as their grandmother!! Makes me want to be a little girl again and come be one of your special little treasured grand-girls! LOL. Thank you for sharing the quote from Emily Barnes "A Cup of Hope". I also have that book and love her writings. It's nice to sit down with a cup of tea at the end of a busy day and read a chapter or two and relax, isn't it? That's what I try to do every chance I can. Thank you for sharing this happy post today. We need a lot more joy and happiness during these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam. Her cake was perfect for her red, white and blue birthday. Well, I am a coffee drinker hands down but I sure enjoy a cup of tea in the afternoons sometimes and especially in my little office at home when I am studying or scouting out scripture or even just reading a devotional. Of course my recliner is my favorite spot! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful post and your granddaughter is very very cute. I know the photo sessions were sheer delight!

    Emilie Barnes -- I've been on of her fans for many years. Her advice has made a huge difference in how I organize my home. I'm pleased to see you've been blessed through her as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy several of her devotional books. Always makes me smile and I just have to grab a cup of coffee or hot tea when reading her books.

      Delete
  9. That little girl is just a dollbaby! Yes, I can see why you kiss her little face off! LOL! Happy Birthday to Annleigh, and may God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is absolutely darling, Cindy, and she looks like you!! Darling pictures that seem to have captured this darling girl's personality! Stay well and healthy, and enjoy that youngest baby--they grow up so fast. I remember when she was born!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Zuni! I have never been told she favored me or looked like me! I love it!

      Delete
  11. Oh Cindy she is just too adorable. Love the sweet pics. Everyone is perfect and darling. The cake is wonderful too. I love sprinkles on my cakes and this one is awesome. Glad you had a great Memorial Day. Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Seems that sprinkles are the IN thing now. Suits me cause they sure doll things up. But they are a dang mess to get on that cake! LOL!

      Delete
  12. Cindy, That little one is adorable. She very cute in her red, white, and blue. Plus the pinks. Love that fancy cake. Blessings to all, stay safe. xoxo, Susie
    p.s. thank you for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! So glad to hear that you and Ted are weathering the storms of life.

      Delete
  13. Cindy, your beautiful two year old Annaleigh is a photographer’s dream. She is darling and so photogenic. The birthday party must have been fun. Blessings sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. She was a little ham that day for her pictures but finally said, "I done". LOL!

      Delete
  14. Oh, my, how cute is your little Annaleigh!!! Happy birthday to her! You really are great photographer, Cindy! Those photos are precious! Have a blessed week, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Zenda. Her red, white and blue theme was perfect with her birthday being on Memorial day.

      Delete
  15. Happy Memorial Day Cindy, and Happy Birthday to your red, white and two cutie! That cake looks awesome! Such a cute photo shoot too!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww she is just so adorable and sweet!! She must have loved all of the attention and she sure deserved it! Two is a big deal! You did great with her photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such sweetness and joy! This was a darling and fun post!
    Blessings to you sweet lady!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everyone in your family is so CUTE...especially the little ones and YOU! I love all the patriotic colors and pretty things! It's something we can have in our decor for a couple of months which is nice! Take care! I like what you wrote about hope too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a little sweetheart!

    aren't grandkiddos one of God's greatest blessings, supreme joys!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, your page is different. Did you change it or is this the new Blogger? I just did a new post and would like you to tell me what you think if it. I value your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is making changes and soon it will be mandatory. I honestly didn't have much time to mess with my blog changes but with the help of a blogger friend I was able to do a little change. Not what I want yet but when I have time I will revamp it.

      Delete
  21. Well, could she could NOT be any cuter for sure. You captured the many facets of her precious personality for sure! Always fun to stop by and see what you have been up to. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget