Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Happy Week Everyone}

 


Hoping that you all will have a great new week and surely praying for everyone in harms way with the flooding. It seems that there is so much going on today that our knees are worn from praying. But, I surely believe in the power of prayer. On a lighter note, I've been enjoying some of my pretty flowers and snapped this picture of a dragonfly as he sat for the longest on the flower. 


I spent some time re-potting plants, flowers and herbs and done a little snipping just because it made me smile. 


Nothing like fresh flowers with a few herbs to spruce up my new platter and it sure looks cute beside my new bowl with fruit too.  😍 


Made an easy peasy cake for Sunday dinner. Ladies, it just doesn't get any easier than this recipe and my bunch said it was moist and good. I saw some going back for seconds! 



It turned out pretty too. Always a plus!
Recipe at the end of post.



Our youngest daughter will be celebrating her birthday this Thursday. She is our caboose of three daughters and just so you know...she is spoiled by her whole family.....LOL! 



Marti Leigh has brought much joy to our family and we are so thankful for her.
We will be celebrating her this weekend. She has already asked for her favorite meal. Chicken and dumplings, fried cabbage, cornbread, chocolate cake with chocolate icing with hot fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream. 

And lastly I want to share with a new place that I've found to order Christian apparel. Good company, good quality and good prices. Especially when they have a sale! Isn't that tee too cute? And that verse sits on my desk and Lord knows there have been days that I have had to surely put that scripture into practice....

Check them out. 

I hope that you all have a great week and remember...sometimes we JUST to need to be STILL and remember who is in charge and has the last say!

Hugs and blessings,
Cindy

Cherry Cake
1 box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 Tsp. of vanilla flavoring
1 regular size can of cherry pie filling

YEP, that's it!
I used my granny's old pound cake pan and she never does me wrong! Spray the pan with Pam and lightly flour. Prepare cake mix as directed on box and add the vanilla flavoring. Mix and pour into prepared pan. Pour your can of cherry pie filling over the top of cake mixture and swirl around with a butter knife. Bake in preheated oven at 350. I baked mine for 45 minutes but test it after 40 minutes as each oven bakes differently. Let cool and release from pan. I made a glaze using powdered sugar and milk. It was a hit!

Comments

  1. Your cake looks so good and the recipe couldn't be easier!!
    Happy birthday to your youngest daughter.
    I love your new platter and bowl. White is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was in love with the new platter and bowl. It will surely be used. Easy recipe for sure and my bunch said it was very moist and good.

      Delete
  2. That cake looks amazing and I couldn't believe how easy it is to make! I love your t-shirt, too. That is one of my favorite verses, also. Many blessings to you today, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The t-shirt is very comfy Cheryl and made out of good quality.

      Delete
  3. Good morning, Cindy! I loved seeing your pretty flowers and your pretty Marti Leigh! Happy upcoming Birthday to her!! What a menu...that’s my kinda meal for sure. Now that cherry 🍒 cake is something that I must make!! I’m loving easy these. Have a wonderful week and you look so cute in your T-shirt. I must check that site. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We will celebrate her the weekend. Yes girl, EASY recipe and quick when you don't have much time.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your sweet daughter! It’s so good to be together for special occasions so I know you all will have fun! Your flowers are gorgeous and so are your new serving pieces. Thanks for the tips, too. That cake recipe sounds like a keeper. Enjoy your week! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for her birthday day wishes. She is going to the beach for her actual birthday so celebration will come later with the family.

      Delete
  5. I'll be right over, lol. Another great post, my friend. Have a beautiful week. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow yummy cake and easy to bake. Winner!!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. She looks a lot like her momma. Your flowers are so pretty. I cannot believe we are heading toward the end of summer already. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm all about easy and quick and GOOD. I'll be making this next week for my Pokeno group. Thanks for sharing. Always love your spirit! Splashes of joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee, that cake sounds good and easy enough for me to make! Looks so pretty too...and I love those dishes in the background. Happy Birthday to your "caboose"! Such a pretty caboose! I guess I was the caboose in my family. Never thought of it that way before! And my older siblings say I am spoiled, especially my sister. I don't think so at all! LOL. Love your T Shirt. And I do love that verse as well. One of my favorites. Yes, we NEED to "Be Still and Know that I Am God" in the midst of all this turmoil. Thank you for that reminder. Good timing. Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Those dessert dishes are some of my favorite.

      Delete
  9. Mediating on WHO is in charge -- a wonderful reminder for all of us because some days we are sorely tempted to think otherwise!

    Good post, Cindy. And happiest of birthdays to Marti Leigh! (what a cute name for a beautiful gal!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Barbara. She was named after her daddy Marty and my great-grandmother whose name was Dollie Lee. We decided to spell the Lee differently.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Her birthday meal sounds delish!

    What a cute tee! As you know from one of my previous blog posts, my pandemic attire consists of graphic tees. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cindy. The cake looks delicious and how easy...I can use a little easy for Sunday lunches. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! I love your shirt...blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Yes girl...the older I get the more I desire easy and convenience though we both know that's not always the case. LOL!

      Delete
  12. Your cake sounds great! I tried adding some pie filling to a cake but I don't think I cooked it long enough, it was mushy in the center...I will try your recipe and see if I have better luck! Happy Birthday to your daughter
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna I have a friend that said same thing has happened to her with several cakes that she used pie filling and she finally figured out if using her bundt pan or pound cake pan she had to bake at least 55 minutes.

      Delete
  13. What a wonderful post! Your youngest birthday girl is just beautiful, like her mom! Happy Birthday to her! Great photographs of all of you. Oh my, what a sweet looking cake, it's one I want to try right away! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindy,
    Happy Birthday to your daughter!! That cake looks yummy! I love all the pictures of your family which is such a joy to see how happy you all are!! Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish we lived closer that i could have you over for Tea!! What a grand time we would have!! Stay safe, healthy and happy, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm praying and declaring over the two southern states with you asking God's angels to bust up that hurricane. What a cute shirt and the model is adorable. Thanks for the easy recipe; so nice that you share your talents with us. I hope Marti has a wonderful day today and I think it's a beautiful witness of God's love anytime I see your family together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! That cake looks yummy! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ever leave your blog, empty handed. Whether it's a recipe, craft or words of Wisdom.
    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many lovely things - that darling bouquet, the yummy cake and your big smiles. I'm smiling too.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gardening, weeding, snipping ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cindy! Oh, there's another beautiful gal! Beauty just seems to run in your family! Now that cake! Oh, it looks so good and I am certainly going to try it! Hope you're being safe. We were so blessed not to be affected by the hurricanes at all. Not even any rain!
    Thanks for popping in to see me and those wall pockets are pretty old - probably from the 1950s.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th