Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

(Pinterest Favs This Week)

 I hope that you all have had a great week. We've had some weird weather this week in Florida. One day it's hot and the next I am turning on the heat. Last night we had high winds with rain and today it was chilly. I think next week it's suppose to be sunny! Who knows anymore with the weather.  But, the weather never stops me from lurking around on Pinterest. I have so many boards saved. There are many talented and gifted folks out there that sure know how to inspire us Pinterest fans. I will share a few things that caught my eye.  


Web Image

I absolutely loved this outfit. Black and white will never go out of style and I love the classiness of black and white together. I love the cold shoulder tops and dresses. This lady is not only beautiful but she can sure style this outfit. There was not a link for me to attach but I wanted to share it. Do you like cold shoulder tops or dresses? 

fiftynotfrumpy.blogspot.com

There I go with the black and white again. I love black and white. 

babs-upstairsdownstairs.blogspot....

I have a bakers rack on my front porch and have been thinking of ideas of how to re-decorate it. Love this idea. Especially since I am a herb lover.


https://www.mensootd.com/Summer-Round-Toe-High-Heel-Wedge-Casual-Ladies-Sandals-p92692.html

YES, I do like these wedged heels. 



I am always looking for new instant pot recipes and this is tried and true if you like to use an instapot. 


I love this idea for a gift for someone moving into a new home.  It would be a cute gift for the newlywed too. 


Oh I like this outfit too. I like everything about it including the shoes, jewelry and purse. This color of blue has always been so pretty to me. 


This wreath is so darn cute isn't it? I found it on Etsy. It was a little pricy for my frugal self and I think I could make it a lot cheaper. But wouldn't it be adorable on my front door?

Enough of my Pinterest addictions lately but glad you tagged along with me. 
I have been busy though making cakes and freezing them for upcoming birthdays. Tried a new recipe so we shall see....


Another birthday girl will be celebrating with us next weekend and she asked for vanilla cake with chocolate icing. 


These two cuties are in the mountains celebrating Ada's 5th birthday. They are having a great time. Dollywood, hiking, picnic, gold mining and I think tomorrow they will be going to the Aquarium.  That little girl has been celebrating for month! My kind of birthday!

As most of my blogging friends know my WORD for this year was JOY. One day after arriving to work after lunch I had a gift waiting on me at the door. A sweet little note was typed and no name attached. Inside the cute mug was a gift card to Starbucks. The note simply said, "You bring joy to others so hoping this brings a little joy to you". Your friend in Christ.

Y'all, it's the simple acts of kindness that we do for others that bring us such joy and this act of kindness meant so much to me. So, this week, do a simple act of kindness for someone. You will be greatly blessed.


Web image

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and enjoy each day the Lord gives to you.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. All the outfits you liked on Pinterest would look great on you. I had to smile when I read fiftynotfrumpy. I wondered what seventynotstylish or seventynotslender would look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! GM, I have been looking at some sights for 60 and over for stylish clothing. I just need to break down and make myself go shopping which I have to have the right frame of mind. LOL! Yep, that fitynotfrumpy made me chuckle too.

      Delete
  2. Senior women who are so beautiful is always a refreshing sight. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this was fun! I do like the pretty styles you found on Pinterest. I don't wear white pants, however. I am too fair complected to wear white, but I do wear a lot of black pants with different colored tops. I've never tried any "cold shoulders" tops...I don't shop much. The pretty royal blue outfit is more my speed. That is one of my BEST colors, and I love to wear it often. I love the basket of goodies for a house warming gift idea. That is sweet. And how nice that someone gifted you with that JOY mug! What a sweet thing to do. I am trying to be more thoughtful of others these days. Over the years I have been blessed by SO many sweet people, and I fear that I have not done enough reciprocation. So I am working on it. You've been a good inspiration for me today. Thank you...and I hope you are feeling much better? God bless you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drinking coffee now from my darling JOY mug and doing so with a smile as it surely does bring me joy. I too wear black pants a lot. But, I do like white a lot in the summer. I tan easy Pam but when I have time to get out then I am busy and when I do have time, no sun. Though I try to be careful with sun exposure. I have learned over the years what sun damage can do. But, I love me some black and white together. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  4. I love seeing the different outfits and I know I don't really have much of a style! I do like to wear cute outfits every day though...not just when I go somewhere. I like to see what jewelry is matched with the outfits. Don't you LOVE the jewelry with the bright blue outfit! WOW! Enjoy your week and the little ones. They are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do love that jewelry. I am not one for large purses as I am a small built woman but I do love that purse she has with that outfit. Maybe I could call it my book bag and use it for Wednesday nights at church. LOL!

      Delete
  5. You shared some great inspiration here! I love black and white too. Those wedges are awesome. I bet your cakes are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Heather Lou. I am needing some of those wedges! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Fun stuff Cindy! I am a Pinterest addict, it is my treat to visit when I have a few extra minutes or need some inspiration! I love black and white too, cute outfits and I also love the cold shoulder styles, a little sexy without being revealing 😂 How sweet is your anonymous Joy mug! Have a great week!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too many boards for sure and need to organize them. I adore the cold shoulder outfits. I have only owned one top like that that I did not like and donated it. But I think they are adorable and flattering to most.

      Delete
  7. OH YES, I love black and white. It will never go out of style. Not that I am classy but that is for sure a classy look. I need to start putting some time between FB, Pinterest and blogging myself. Way too much wasted time. I has so many albums on Pinterest and lots pinned in each. Its crazy. I love wedge shoes also but they can't be too high. Old, balance issues with the fibro, back issues and did I mention OLD....makes walking in heels hard for me these days and I used to live in them. Then somewhere along the line I moved to jelly's (do you remember them?), then to my tennis shoes (I could wear to work) and now just plain ole flats all the way. AGE....terrible! But with hanging skin (haha) and gray hair, I look the OLD part. I think though however, if I colored the hair and hid the skin, I might pass for not being my age! haha....only wrinkles I really have area a tad around the eyes. I am happy for that. At least most of the bad skin issues have been on the body that clothes hide. The hanging sagging skin is due to weight loss. Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to organize my boards on Pinterest for sure Pam. I don't wear heels as high as I used to either. I love the wedge look better now but I need lower as well. I have always been so short that I needed a little height but girl....with getting older our balance isn't what it used to be is it? I also have really taken a liking to tennis shoes and sneakers since they came out with so many colors and styles now. You look wonderful lady.

      Delete
  8. I am a gal that loves black and white in my wardrobe. In fact most of my wardrobe is black and white. It is classy and easy to wear. That pork chop recipe sounds pretty yummy thanks for sharing. Happy New Week Cindy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a black and white clothing apparel fan too. Basic colors but classy. But I must admit....I am a HUGE fan of red too! Pork chops was so tender that you could cut them with a fork.

      Delete
  9. I loved seeing everything, Cindy...the fashions, the bakers rack (darling!), and all the ideas. Those grand girls are sure cuties!! Enjoy your week of JOY, my friend! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty. Headed to one of the grands ball games this afternoon. Never a dull moment.

      Delete
  10. You shared some really great 'pins.' I love black and white outfits, too, but not the cold-shoulder tops. They're just not for me. Great idea of making your birthday cakes ahead and freezing them. I've heard they ice better when they've been frozen. What do you think? Wishing you a happy week! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zenda. I do like making my cakes ahead of time and freezing them. Mainly for time purpose. But I find that they icing much better and locks in the moistness to me .

      Delete
  11. I'd love to see what you end up doing with your baker's rack on your front porch (I don't ever recall seeing a photo, but my memory is terrible these days).

    On social media, I've seen people, including Dolly Parton, wearing cold shoulder tops when they got their vaccines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do a haul over on my porch Margie. I have not taken the time in a long time to do anything to that porch. I am trying real hard to get inspired. LOL! Dolly showing off her vaccine huh? LOL!

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday Ada! It is so easy to get lost on Pinterest for hours. I also love the look of black and white paired together. How smart to bake ahead and freeze. I wish you joy each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Yes I sure try to bake and freeze ahead with my crew. LOL!

      Delete
  13. How sweet to receive the "Joy" mug. I know why ...it is because you are upbeat and always encouraging and thoughtful!
    I love all the links you shared. I need to work on my wardrobe.
    Great idea you freeze your cakes ahead of time. I would have to if I had all the grands you do close by.
    Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Bonnie. Marty will say, "Let's just buy a cake already baked and decorated". LOL! But, it's not the same as Nana's homemade cakes and icing you know.

      Delete
  14. I loved so much about this post but especially about the JOY mug! What a wonderfully sweet thing for that person to do...and wanting no credit for it. Those shoes!!!!! I love, love them. Never heard of that site but still may see if I can check them out. I am a leary about ordering shoes though because you never know if they'll be comfortable. But I am a SHOE FREAK for sure:) Love that wreath too...gingham makes my heart go pitter patter. I've checked out the two ladies' blogs before but haven't for awhile. They sure do style pretty clothes but they are often more expensive than this frugal self wants to pay!! Your granddaughter sure is a cutie and I hope (know) she will have a wonderful birthday and enjoy that cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri. Girl, we on the same page with being frugal. I was raised that way and guess that some things just never changed. LOL!

      Delete
  15. What a sweet little gift to find on your desk! I can only imagine the amount of joy you bring to all who know you. God bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those outfits and I have more black and white in my closet than anything else. Always fun to stop by for a visit! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love black and white together...Classic and timeless!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Stay safe. healthy and happy!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget