Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Goodbye October and Hello November}

 

Web Image

Well November is shortly upon us and I hope that you, like me, are looking forward to all the wonderful things that I pray this November brings to us all. I am personally looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. I am not trying to rush it by any means but dang I can already smell the turkey and dressing with giblet gravy. YUM!

We've not had our Friday night fun food at Conner's Pond in a few weeks but we sure did get too this past Friday. The weather was nice and cool and the fun food was yummy. 

We spent some time on Saturday BEFORE the Georgia-Florida game...(YAY DAWGS) processing my doe that I was blessed to harvest. Nothing like some good old fried back strap. We enjoy processing our own meat. But, I see a deer ham going in the Instapot soon for deer hash. YUM!


I buy large boneless pork lions, hams, Boston butts and beef roast when on sale and we cut and process to our liking and then vacuum seal or wrap in freezer paper to pop in the freezer. It's time consuming but so worth it to me. Needless to say with the price of EVERYTHING going up this is the way to cut some expense.


I finally decided to cut some of my sunflowers and added some berries that bloom this time of the year along with some cuttings of red tips. My fall bouquet just makes me smile. 


As most of you know I am the Administrative for a sister church in our county and today I was blessed to be able to be a part of my long time dear friend, Mary's retirement. Miss Mary is the beautiful lady in the pink and black. She has served as custodian there for nearly 25 years and she has served well. She truly served with a heart like Jesus. Some mornings she would be seen in the sanctuary praying at the alter. Other mornings you might just hear her singing praises to the Lord. We have shared lots of laughter, tears and sweet times of prayer together. I pray her next journey in life is healthy and wonderful for her. 


And of course I stopped long enough over the weekend to make up a new recipe with loaded teas. 

I named this one "Girlie Passion Tea". It was delicious. 

I hope that your October has been good to you and that November brings in a breath of fresh air as you enjoy the goodness of God. He sure is a good, good, Father. 

I will close out today with this as God spoke this so tenderly to my heart recently. Maybe your heart needs a little reminder too.


Hugs and blessings, Cindy



 



Comments

  1. Thank you Cindy...and all the while on Saturday while your Dawgs were beating the snot out of us Gators, I was thinking of you and Marty, grin. I am also looking forward to Thanksgiving my friend. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Girl, I was about to worried about my Dawgs. They honestly should have played a better game. Love my DAWGS but at the end of the day....It's just a game isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Always enjoy hearing about what you have been up to. I need to make a Charcutrie Board with "fun food" on it the next time our kiddos come. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bittersweet to say good bye to such a sweet and wonderful employee of your church. Her journey is moving on and I wish her the best. I bet she will miss all of you too. Have a great new week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please to clipping those vines and berries and November flowers, Cindy.

    These are my favorite bouquets of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the a fresh bouquet especially when it comes from my yard.

      Delete
  5. Happy new month and may November bring you many blessings. Thanksgiving food is so delicious that I think we should start celebrating both Canadian and American Thanksgivings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LIke I've said before, I wish I had your energy! You are always working hard and playing hard and enjoying both. Your sweet spirit is inspiring.
    I'm intrigued by your teas you are making.
    Sweet tribute to your fellow worker and friend as she retires.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, my energy comes and goes! LOL! I am enjoying my teas for sure.

      Delete
  7. Your Friday fun food looked good! You sure stay busy, my friend. Love your vase of flowers, and that pretty picture of you with the beautiful Miss Mary on her retirement. Thank you for leaving us with some lovely words to ponder. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Kitty, I do not know any other way but to stay busy and I have to fight myself to make quiet time for me because I am always thinking about what I need to be doing or WHAT I MIGHT MISS OUT ON! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Happy November, where did October go so fast? I agree with Bonnie, such a sweet tribute to your friend as she retires. Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year! Have a blessed week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksgiving food is the best Pam. But I am one of those that once I've had the dressing which I dearly love...then I am ready to move on to something else. LOL! Our sweet Miss Mary will be missed.

      Delete
  9. Yes, prices here in the UK are rising rapidly too.
    That is a lovely photograph of your fall bouquet, I like it.

    Wishing you a Happy November.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, it is crazy here at the price increase. My fall bouquet has sure been pretty.

      Delete
  10. Your charcuterie board is making me hungry. LOL.

    It's officially Mariah "All I Want for Christmas" season...and yes, I can listen to this Christmas classic in November without ever tiring of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that charcuterie board looks so yummy! You must have a large freezer for all that meat. We plan to get our turkey soon. I love Thanksgiving food. Best wishes to your friend as she retires! Have a blessed week Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a huge freezer but a decent size and it works for our needs. Going to buy a turkey next week. Blessings for a wonderful November.

      Delete
  12. Good morning, Miss Cindy! Blessings to your friend and colleague on her retirement. I know God has continued plans for her. ❤️ Congratulations on your venison harvest! Our freezers are full, as well with the 2 elk but I also buy other meat on sale, particularly pork loin. Kroger just had a sale on them recently and I sliced them up into cutlets and smaller loins, too. We’re headed out today for our booster shot then a little drive to enjoy the colors. Wishing you a lovely first week of November! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy processing our own meat. We get the cut we want. Yes girl...fill that freezer. I was raised with filling your freezer so you'd have plenty of things to eat when needed. Can't get away from that part of my raising. LOL!

      Delete
  13. I hope your November is better than ever! I love your fun food Fridays. Glad the weather has cooled down a bit for you. What a sweet story about Miss Mary. She will be missed for sure. OOh that tea looks refreshing and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GriefShare talks about "brain fog" when mourning. I have learned over the past 11 months how real that fog is. I am also seeing, PRAISE GOD, that the fog eventually starts to lift just as surely as misty fog dissipates as the sun warms the air. The Son of God is lifting my fog and I am feeling quite a bit better. Praise Him!!

    So you cook with an Instant Pot! I do, too! I made my dinner in it this evening (and then divided the leftovers into 8 containers to freeze). Cooking for one is a new adventure here!

    Thanks for the love and encouragement! You really do send me such helpful messages! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I freeze a lots of things too especially soups and casseroles. I don't use my instapot nearly as much as I do my slow cooker but I sure do enjoy using the instapot. FAST and EASY!

      Delete
  15. November is going so fast! The season here in Oregon is quickly turning toward winter but we still have some beautiful days with blue skies. November will bring excitement to our family at Thanksgiving time. Our oldest grandson who graduated from a Christian university last Spring is bringing his fiance home for that weekend. We girls are going to give her a Bridal Shower and our family will enjoy time with the two of them - our last time with them before we all head to Missouri for an early wedding!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Adrienne, I know that you will enjoy your grandson and fiance. How exciting. We have gotten LOTS of rain here. Friday and Saturday was rainy, nasty and cold.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th