Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{A Whole Lot Of Fun Going On}

Good Sunday afternoon everyone. Hope your weekend has been wonderful. We have been having so much fun this week that winding down this afternoon is just what I needed. 


 I began my week by admiring some lovely pretties that are beginning to breath life and are growing quite well. I took one morning to walk outside to look at my potatoes in my little garden and much to my surprise my little flowers seemed to be all be smiling and they sure made me smile. AND...I will be harvesting potatoes in a few weeks! YUM!


My friend Kitty from Kitty's Kozy Kitchen   https://www.kittyskozykitchen.com/2022/04/copycat-payday-bars.html

shared her Pay Day Candy Bars on her blog and I knew I had to make a batch.


Let me just tell you....YOU CANNOT EAT JUST ONE! Family and friends enjoyed these goodies this week. THEY ARE ADDICTIVE!


I made a hamburger and scalloped potato dish one day through the week and had some potatoes left over. SO, good old fried potato sandwich was for lunch. I grew up having these tasty sandwiches. Have you ever had a fried potato sandwich? SO GOOD! 


The youngest two grands have birthdays about a month apart so my daughter decided to do their birthday party together this year. The party was hosted at my oldest daughter and her husband's Rock Climbing Gym. The kids and adults had a ball. Adalynn turned 6 and Annaleigh turned 4. 

But, I only needed one birthday cake for the girls to share as my daughter bought cupcakes too. The girls loved their cake. 


Someone asked me recently was I still making loaded teas, flavored teas and etc. YES! I most often make myself a loaded tea of some kind daily. Even Marty has taken a liking to my teas and has started requesting one. I've been adding a little fruit enhancer lately to some of my teas and they are refreshing. 


The Rock Climbing gym is hoping to have soon, maybe this week, an added addition. Axe throwing. Y'ALL......this was so much fun! Not as easy as one would think it is and believe me, you can get a good arm workout with this. It took me quite a few throws to hit the board but I finally did it! Of course Marty hits it the first time. 

The first one to call us Daddy and Mama will be celebrating a birthday Tuesday. Kristy came into our lives 12 days early, weighing a whole 5 lbs and 9 ounces (doesn't weight much more than that now) and she is a wonderful woman of God. We are so proud of her. We celebrated her today with fried chicken, green beans with ham, potato casserole, sweet rolls and her favorite....brownies. Happy birthday to our first born. 


Can y'all believe we are into May already? Where has the first 4 months of this year gone? As you know I felt led this year to do a monthly focus board. It sits on my kitchen counter and I read it multiple times each day. My focus for May is HOPE


In closing today I want to share this scripture with you. I have been reminded as of late that we are to TRUST GOD NO MATTER WHAT. You know, it's real easy to trust Him when everything is going just like we want it too but we are to trust Him no matter what. If the boat sails perfectly or if the boat rocks...TRUST WE MUST! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful filled week of goodness. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy




Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I'm stopping by at the urging of Linda and Barb, after our lunch on Saturday! Nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...you did up the birthdays right! HOPE is what is written on my wee chalkboard. Yes, we need Him no matter what. Oh that homemade PayDay looks so good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vee. That candy was out of this world! Had to leave my house so family and friends got treats!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you enjoyed a perfect week. I love reading about your fun days and you are always inspirational. Have a super duper week Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! Those payday candy bars do look good! Payday is my favorite candy bar, but I can't do the ones with chocolate on them. But they sure do look good. Oh, we sang that hymn in church today..."On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand...all other ground is sinking sand" I love that! And yes, our HOPE is all in Christ...without Him we would have NO hope!! Happy Birthday to your sweet grandgirls and your beautiful first born! With all that good food you cook for them I don't know how you all stay so tiny and cute! LOL. And that birthday cake for the girls is so beautiful! You have quite the talent for cake decorating! Somehow I missed out on that "gift" when talents were being passed out...LOL. Mine are pitiful, but they do taste good! LOL. Have a blessed and beautiful week. One of these day we are going to meet with the rest of the "Florida girls". Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. God is surely good to us and we are basing our HOPE in Him. Girl, those candy bars were amazing.

      Delete
  5. Your family celebrates a number of birthdays around this time of the year!! Happy birthday to all concerned..
    That yummy square better not happen here. Too many Easter goodies were eaten :(
    That's such a lovely photo of you, your hubby, and oldest daughter. Blessings, GM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Cindy. Happy birthday to your grandgirls and to Kristy! Your week sounds so perfect with good food, flowers, and family. I love the verses in Isaiah 43. Wishing you a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe we're in May already! You sure have been having lots of fun lately. I want to try axe throwing. The cake turned out so cute! Happy Birthday to all of your lovelies! I want some of that Payday dish you made and a fried potato sandwich. I've never had one but it sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. YES girl, you would love the Axe throwing and those fried tater sandwiches.

      Delete
  8. Fried potato sandwiches?? That's a new one for me! I want to make Kitty's Paydays too, they look so good! I have heard of axe throwing, looks hard! Happy Birthday to your daughter and cute grandie girls, and I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. Axe throwing is harder than you think and a work out at that but so much fun. Oh you gotta try the candy and the tater sandwich.

      Delete
  9. Oh my, my comment deleted! I’ll start over.
    Your grand girls are so cute! Did you make the unicorn cake?? It’s adorable! Happy Birthday to your beautiful first born. She is still so tiny! I’m so glad you liked those addictive payday bars. I had to give most of mine away. I have never had a tater sandwich but I used to love baked bean sandwiches. I surrender to God every night for His will be done. He is our HOPE. Happy Mother’s Day to you, sweet friend. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty, I did make the cake. Was not my best work but then I am not a professional cake decorator. I am a FREE nana. LOL! Kristy had a wonderful birthday. I have never had a baked bean sandwich. I may just have to give that a try!

      Delete
  10. The birthday celebrations are non-stop in your family! Love the pretty unicorn cake!

    As always, I'd love to try the foods featured on your blog: Pay Day bars and the scalloped potato sandwich.

    Glad to hear that you've converted your hubby into a (loaded) tea drinker. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I think my comment also got deleted?

    It's a non-stop birthday celebration with your family. Love the pretty unicorn cake!

    I also want to try the pay day bars and potato sandwich.

    Glad you converted your hubby into a (loaded) tea drinker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLOGGER has went crazy. I can't even commit on half the posts or reply!

      Delete
    2. Well let's try this again Margie! LOL! The pay day bars was a HUGE hit!

      Delete
  12. So many fun things going on Cindy. Love the girls unicorn cake. My little granddaughter Charlotte is turning 6 in June and we are having a unicorn party for her. So cute. I am glad you are enjoying your sweet family and oh boy axe throwing. I have never done it but Terry has and said it is a riot. Have a good week and have a wonderful mother's day. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, the axe throwing was so much fun but boy does it require some skill and for me...I have no skills or arm strength. I just got lucky! LOL!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for the reminder to trust God no matter what. We can't be reminded of that often enough. The photo you and Marty with your first-born is beautiful. Fried Potato Sandwich. Not only have I never had one, I've never heard of it, either. Sounds a little odd but if you like it, then go right ahead! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had a fried potato sandwich, but I sure have eaten my share of fried potatoes! Mom used to make a big pot of pinto beans, fried potatoes, and cornbread, and oh, my! They were so delicious! I can remember coming home from school and if the kitchen windows were fogged up, I usually knew it meant Mom was cooking beans. I miss her and my Daddy so much. It was so wonderful to visit with you here this morning, dear friend. God bless you again and again. I am continuing to pray for you and your family. I love and appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl, pinto beans and corn bread! Add some fried potatoes and I am all in!

      Delete
  15. Lots of great things are happening in your world, Cindy! You are so blessed! I LOVE that birthday cake!! ❤️ Your scripture was right on! I find I remember how much I need the Lord when things aren’t going well. He is my support and it’s so comforting to know He’s there to lean on. Wishing you another beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How is that you and your family is not bigger than a house? Man that looks YUMMY. And that cake!! WOW....Happy Blated bday to the girls. I was supposed to go axe throwing weeks ago and I bailed. I was afraid I would not let go and end up with an axe in the leg...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Girl, that Axe throwing was fun but much harder than I imagined.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th