Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Life Is A Precious Gift}

 Good Sunday Afternoon everyone. Hope that you all have had a wonderful weekend. I posted last on May 8th...I think...Seems like so much has happened since then. I am going to try and catch up this week with my blogging friends.

Wanted to share a few fun pictures since I have last posted.


These little girls sure enjoy fishing with papa. Our six year old granddaughter pulled in her fish all by herself and was so proud. The four year old eats more bread than she lets the fish have! LOL! 


We had a nice harvest of potatoes. Some still had  few green spots but I can cut those off and we are good to go. I've already roasted potatoes and made potato soup. Mashed potatoes are up next. 


Marty and I had a day date recently and stopped at Maple Street Biscuit. My, my! Now this is a biscuit and so yummy. 



I was doing some baking for a fund raiser and decided since I was on a roll with the baking I would make Marty a fresh raspberry and lemon loaf cake drizzled with lemon glaze. It turned out so moist and he and my sweet fatherinlove have surely enjoyed this treat. 


Our local high school was doing an on line auction fund raiser for one of their teachers who is also a friend and long time member of our church. She has a rare type of blood cancer and has begun treatment. She is a precious woman of God and I surely wanted to help with her this event. I decided to bake two cakes for the event. We were directed to add a description along with picture for the auction. 


The carrot cake went for $130. I do hope whomever won the bid on this enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed baking it. 


The 2nd cake I baked was a fresh apple bundt cake that I make from time to time especially if I have apples that need to be used. 


I think this cake auctioned out for around $74. I was so blessed to be able to able to help and support this sweet lady. If you don't mind, would you lift our friend Leigh Ann up to the Lord in prayer. I am thrilled to say that over $24,000 was raised.


I believe God hears the prayers of the saints and though He may not always answer as we would like He listens...He hears...and He does answer according to His ultimate will. He has answered our prayers as of recently. Marty has been undergoing quiet a few tests and doctor visits and though I have not publicly shared I did share our need to several family and friends that are die-hard prayer warriors.  God answered according to the desires of our heart and for that we are grateful. Without getting into a lot of details he will undergo blood work every 4 months for now. But, God is on the throne and we surely give Him praise.


This sweet granddaughter Kyleigh just turned 11 years old. She has the most sweetest and loving personality. We had to cancel her  birthday party. She began feeling bad, some coughing and then fever. Within a few days things quickly turned into moments of praying without ceasing. Severe pain in her little legs and then to a point of not being able to walk. Blood levels in a different areas was off the chart! Within a few days she went from being seen at a doctor's office to ER and then to a children's hospital. I am so blessed to say she is home, doing well and almost back to being our little Kyleigh that we love and adore. Covid quickly became a nightmare I am sad to say. She will be having more blood work done this week but she has done so well now that she will not need outside physical therapy. Things can happen friends in the blink of an eye. Another reason to love others well and don't take a moment in this life on earth for granite. And...her birthday has been celebrated with many friends and family that have gone to see her and lavish her with gifts.


I will close today by sharing my LIFE SCRIPTURE.  NOTHING can separate us from the love of God. 

I hope to get to visit with you this week and I do hope that as you walk through this new week that is upon us that you LOVE others well. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 





Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, you sure have been through a lot lately. I am glad to hear your granddaughter is feeling better. It must have been so scary. God heard those prayers for sure! Covid in on the rise again in here is So CA. I will keep your hubby, Kyleigh and friend in prayer. That is so awesome that your gift of baking is helping others. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. It sure has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride but God surely gives us what we need when we need it and most often, it's not a moment too soon.

      Delete
  2. So many standing in the need of prayer. How wonderful that your baking commands those prices! Well done. Thanks be to God that Kyleigh is home and recuperating. What a scare. As for those little fishing grandgirlies...Grandpa is blessed because I know of no fishing grandgirlies. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so many gifted and talented baked items along with various gift baskets, and donations that it was unreal at how God showed Himself. We are truly praising God for how he has chosen to answer prayers for our family. One day at a time Sweet Jesus.

      Delete
  3. Oh my dear Cindy! You have really been through a lot since we last visited. I am so sorry about Kyleigh, but yet so thankful and glad that she is now on the mend and doing so well. Wow, I know how worried you all had to be, but I know your faith is strong and we know that God is even stronger than our greatest prayer. So thankful He has heard your prayers on her behalf. And now for your sweet hubby...we will keep him in our prayers as well, and your friend who is also battling a blood cancer. So wonderful of you to bake those delicious cakes even in the midst of your own family crisis. How wonderful that so much money was raised so quickly on this dear woman's behalf! That is so amazing. Praying for all of you as you get back to some kind of normal. Thank you for sharing this with us. Our God is an Awesome God...and He will take care of every thing and every one. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal would be great! LOL! Whatever that is this day and time. I just know that God did not ever promise us a a bed of roses so to speak but He did promise us that He would never leave us nor forsake us.

      Delete
  4. I'm so relieved that Kyleigh is okay. That must have been very scary for all your family.
    Your beautiful cakes were auctioned off at high prices. Obviously people know just what a great baker you are.
    A 6 year old catching a fish all by herself is impressive. Papa is a good coach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. No, my cakes was no differently than anyone else as there were some gifted and talented bakers. We simply had a lot of generous givers and I am so thankful. Our Kyleigh is surely one blessed little girl and we are so blessed!

      Delete
  5. Cindy, your family has been through a lot in the past couple of weeks. I am so relieved that Kyleigh is doing well and also for Marty. Your cakes look scrumptious and so glad the auction raised money for this Godly lady who is battling cancer. Wishing you a lovely week, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. God surely is a good, good, father.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear Cindy, bless your heart, and bless your spirit and faith! I can't imagine how scared everyone was when cute Kyleigh got so sick, I am so glad she's on the mend! Prayers to your friends battling cancer...the cake fund raiser was amazing, you must have been so proud when your cake sold for so much $! Cute little fisher girls, and please pass the biscuits!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marty is wanting to make those fancy biscuits but lately...Mary B biscuits are just fine at my house! LOL! Thanks Jenna for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. I just have to ask.....how do you ever get out of the kitchen to do all the other stuff you do....like harvest taters! Lady, you bake some amazing stuff. Those 70 lbs I lost I would put back on in a NY minute plus more! haha....Love the face of the little one holding the fish. I am totally surprised when I catch a fish myself, so my face prob looks like that too....lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so excited to drag that fish in by herself! LOL! Girl...the kitchen for sure must be my love language. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Your cakes look fantastic! I'm not surprised that they raised $$$ at the auction.

    Sorry to hear about Marty and Kayleigh's health issues. I'm glad that they're now both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. Hope your week is wonderful to you.

      Delete
  9. Oh Cindy you are right about life being a roller coaster for you lately. I'm glad to hear your granddaughter and Marty are doing better. Your cakes are making me so hungry this morning. You sure have a talent for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all I want you to know that I do pray for you and Marty everyday. I hope all will be well for him. Your dear little Kyleigh...what a scare for all of you. Happy birthday to her. Your cakes are amazing and how wonderful to earn so much for the fundraiser. I will pray for your friend. You are a true blessing, Cindy. Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maple Street Biscuit, oh my goodness! Looks incredibly scrumptuous, Cindy!

    But meanwhile, I'm praying for your sweet granddaughter and your husband. Even as we speak. May you have that peace that 'passes understanding' as you walk through this difficult season. Sending love and hugs to you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maple Street Biscuits? Apple Cake? All that homemade goodness! I think you speak my love language: Baking! Praying that all is well (2 Kings 4:26) for your granddaughter and husband! Shalom, Cindy ~ Maryleigh

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful your yummy cakes brought in so much money to help. Hoping all will be ok with your sweet granddaughter and prayers for your hubby too. Life can really throw us some curve balls. Have a good rest of this new week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful post, as your writings always are, dear Cindy. The pictures of food make my stomach rumble!!!! That carrot cake must be SOMTHIN' ELSE!!!! to sell for $130. You go, girl!!!

    I began praying for Marty, Kyleigh, and earlier, Leigh Ann as soon as you mentioned their health needs.

    It is wonderful to be reminded that NOTHING separates us from the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great that you could make cakes for the fundraiser and that so much was raised. What good news that your husband and granddaughter are okay. Your potato harvest was great. Hoping mine will turn out as well. Right now they are growing well but not suppose to harvest till end of July. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Cindy, I will keep your friend, Marty and little Kyleigh in my prayers! Yes, our lives can change in the blink of an eye. I'm also praying for those who have been affected by the tragic events in Texas yesterday. So many beautiful lives lost and scores more forever changed. Hug those you love and show them your love in all you do. In the end, it's really all we can do. We must trust God to see us through the rest. Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zenda. Yes, that is really all we can do...love them and pray.

      Delete
  17. Keeping Kyleigh in prayer. I so understand what she is going though, please keep us posted. Sending you much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, dear friend! I am SO sorry I am just now getting to read this. I was wondering about little Kyleigh when I read your email, and now I know what you meant. Oh, how scary this must have been for all of you! You are so right. We can't take one second for granted. Oh, how I praise God for answering prayer for her and also for Marty. God is still on the throne, and He is still in the miracle-working business, praise His holy name! There is something wrong with my computer & it won't allow me to comment in the usual way, so I hope this comes through okay. Sending much love and many hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget