Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Beaching with the Girls}





Good Sunday afternoon everyone. I hope that you all are having a wonderful Sunday and that tomorrow, July 4th, that you enjoy your red, white and blues. I just returned from from a short getaway to Fernandina Beach with my three daughters and we had such a wonderful time. We had one shower of rain but needless to say, I was a drowned rat! But oh did it ever feel so good and I simply just give praise for the much needed rain and time away with the girls.


I for sure got the biggest soaking but then I can't move as fast as my girls! LOL! 

Web image

We had a lovely meal at the Boathouse one evening. We had about an hour wait so we walked around the historic district for a bit and oh my! I found the cutest little Christmas ornament shop. I can't believe I did not take any pictures. Especially when I LOVE ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS. 

There is nothing like the sound of the ocean and the clean salt air to me. 




We had brunch one morning at Sliders and one can never go wrong with Grits and Shrimp. 



Everything we all ordered was delicious. Marty and I have eaten there before but this was the girls first time of trying Sliders. I am pretty sure they will go back. 


I guess it would be safe to say we love seafood. Marty and I enjoyed a nice little seafood ourselves out by the pond.


The three youngest grands had a sleepover with me one day last week and of course we must have sprinkles with our pancakes! 


We baked cookies and ate lots of them!


I have some costume jewelry that belonged to my late MIL so the girls had to play with a few pieces.


This little one wanted to help me sweep the kitchen floor so the next thing I knew she was sweeping away with the fire place sweeper. LOL! 


We done a few yoga poses but they enjoyed stretching their legs I think the best. Though I must say that from them being in dance they sure had some of those poses down to a tee!

I hope that you all have a wonderful and safe 4th of July holiday with your family and friends. I was reminded of where my true freedom comes from when I was working on my Focus for July. May we never take for the granite the freedoms that we do have. Happy 4th to you all.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy
 
 

Comments

  1. That picture of you is fabulous! Joy written all over it. How delightful that you got away with your daughters. And I love the grandgirlies spending time at your house. I think your little grand is ingenious using a broom just her size. Have a blessed Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved that little fire place sweeper. Made me chuckle but was thrilled she wanted to help.

      Delete
  2. Cindy, what a fun time with your daughters at the beach. It is hard to tell that you are the mother, beautiful daughters and mother. The food looks amazing and I know you enjoyed the grands. Happy 4th to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Wishing you a lovely July 4th. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful get-away for you and your girls. Such a lovely bunch. And those grand-girlies too. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun getaway with your daughters. The seafood dishes made my mouth water! You're definitely living the beach life, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to just have a special time away with your daughters. You all looked so beautiful. I love shrimp and grits and that made me swoon to see that dish. The sleepover looked like a lot of fun. I'm having one of those tomorrow with my two little ones. Thanks for sharing the JOY and messages. Happy Independence Day. God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your littles Kitty. They bring us such joy.

      Delete
  7. my daughters and their daughters and all have been in and out this past week. i feel so blessed~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joy-filled and happy post, and I LOVE the picture of you all wet! I think that's one of my favorite pictures of you, because it it just pure joy and so natural...you glow! You and your girls are all so lovely! And then you and your grand-girls are also so lovely! what a blessing!! And so much fun!!! I would love to be one of your grand-girls! I never got to do those kinds of things with either of my grandmothers...now I see what I missed and I want a do-over!! LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful week. Thank you for this lovely happy post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such fond memories, wonderful memories of my grandparents and I sure hope I am making lots of memories for my grands Pam. They are a true joy.

      Delete
  9. I love that first photo of you!! And also the one of your and the girls.....memories! And your little "sweeper" was very clever

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun trip, no boys allowed! Good times...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like so much fun. I do love the beach too. Food tastes better there too!! You ladies all look gorgeous!! What cuties those grands are. I used to love playing with my grandmother's jewelry. I hope you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cindy, I love all your pictures. I especially like the one of you on the beach. I a looking forward to going to the beach after I come back from Texas. It gets really busy at our beaches. It is nice to see how close you are to your girls. Your grands look so happy too! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like lots of fun with your girls. Yummy food, the salt air and beach. Doesn't get any better than that. Glad you all had a safe and wonderful 4th. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun time. I wish our daughter and I could get away together, but between her schooling and 3 little boys, it just isn't happening anytime soon. Always fun to stop by and see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful beach, beautiful restaurant, and beautiful people. The ONLY reason your foodie pictures did not make me hungry was because I had a root beer float just before sitting down to ready your blog post. If my tummy had been empty, it would have been growling, for sure!

    Yes, indeed, our freedom is because of our redemption through Jesus Christ. Such a good reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A girls' time away at the beach with your daughters looks so refreshing and fun. And those little ones..how cute are they. Yes, we embrace freedom in this country; a mighty high price was paid for it! Love you, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cindy, You are always full of joy! So fun to see you enjoy your grands of all ages. Y'all eat well and play hard. Great summer photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw! How wonderful that you got to get away with your girls! It looks like you had an amazing time! God bless you, sweet friend.🙏❤

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely photos. I love your outfit, you look stunningly beautiful in it. And your daughter's, they look beautiful and fabulous in their dresses. You look so happy in all your photos, seems your having so much fun in your short getaway trip. And those lovely angels, they are so adorable.<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th