Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Everyone Needs A Little Fun In Life}

Mercy, has time slipped away from me with blogging. Marty and I took a little time away and then there seems to be so much happening around my neck of the woods that getting a post done has been almost impossible. Well, until now! 

We spent a few days at my favorite place, St. Augustine Florida which always requires beach time. You know that you have overstayed your welcome when the security guard has to remind you that you have to be off the beach in 30 minutes! LOL!

 Marty surely took the opportunity to get some much needed R & R. No, we didn't create the sand creations but I had to snap a picture of them. Old Glory makes every trip to the beach with us every time that that go and she's flying mighty high and proud. 


We stayed at what used to be a B & R. New ownership now has taken over and they had just been opened a week when we stayed. They still have quite of bit to do but it was so lovely and relaxing.(Bliss By The Sea) 


The Long boardwalk behind the hotel carried you out to the Intercostal waters. They had many sitting areas along the walk and the final designation was a gazebo overlooking the water. We watched the sunset as the boats whisked by. 

We were the first guests that they served breakfast too. Of course I am not a breakfast person and as long as I have COFFEE then life can go on! However, I do like the healthier side of eating and they offered so very much to pick from. 

We visited a lovely Cathedral while in St. Augustine and it was just stunning. It was like the moment that you walked into the huge doors that a peace swept over you. 

I had heard about the Love Tree along the walk of the old streets of St. Augustine so wanted to see it for myself. The palm tree is growing directly through the Oak tree. Legend has it that a couple planted the trees to show their devotion to one another and the trees intertwined as one.

"Be honest, be nice, be a flower not a weed”. Aaron Neville


As many times as I have visited St. Augustine I have never visited Washington Oaks State Park. I have heard of it's history and beauty so wanted to see for myself. Such a great place to visit. 

We really enjoyed our walk there and so worth a trip to see the beauty and learn about the history. They even have a huge picnic area and a playground for the littles.

Of course a stop had to made by the Sweet Spot. Vanilla with a drizzle of caramel works for me. 
We came to celebrate two of our granddaughter's as they celebrated birthdays. Our Kyleigh turned 12 and she loves to dance and do yoga. Of course I love both as well so that sort of makes us twins you know! 
Our Annaleigh turned 5 and she is the baby of the family. She is so funny with her strong willed yet loving personality. She smiles all the time. She loves soccer.


My two friends from Elementary school and I had a Salad and Soup luncheon for one of our friends birthday. Of course who doesn't like Zuppa Toscana, Chef Salad and Cheese and garlic biscuits. Oh, and we had Cheese cake. YUM! 
I will close out this beautiful Memorial Day Weekend with a wonderful devotional. I pray that you all enjoy every single day the Lord gives to you. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy




 




Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I sure enjoyed my visit here today! Your get away sounds so nice. I like to visit churches too when I travel. Isn't St Augustine one of the oldest cities in the US? I love your colorful dress! Makes me think of Hawaii. Happy Birthday to your grands! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Susan. Marty works there and commutes back and forth. When we go together though is when it's fun! Thank you. I love sundresses in the summer.

      Delete
  2. Looks as if you've been having some fun. That Florida dress is lovely on you. Your grnadgiriles are so cute and accomplished. The closing devotional is a blessing and is giving me a lot to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthdays!!!! And I am so jealous of your trip to St. Augustine, which is on our bucket list, grin. Wishihng you a beautiful weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. As close as you live to St. Augustine you must make a trip. My favorite place to go and visit.

      Delete
  4. a beautiful getaway! a gorgeous beach, a good book, a fine man, delicious food, stunning weather. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Palm tree growing right through the Oak is amazing!
    The Cathedral is also an amazing place. So beautiful. And beautiful also are those grands that fill your heart with Joy. Happy Birthday to Annaleigh❤❤❤❤❤ GM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. The girls had a wonderful birthday. Yes, that tree was amazing and of course I loved the legend behind it.

      Delete
  6. You had an amazing getaway. I have only been to St. Augustine once and that was many years ago. Happy birthday to your beautiful grandgirls! Wishing you a safe and blessed Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the armchair travel to St. Augustine. It's always fun to explore nearby towns.

    Happy Birthday to Kyleigh and Annaleigh! The cheese and garlic biscuits from your salad and soup luncheon look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. Wished you could have tagged along. Marty would have been truly satisfied with laying out by the beach and you and I would have found a tea room to visit! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing your trip. St. Augustine is on my travel bucket list!! Your granddaughters are growing up so beautifully!! I can't believe the baby is 5 already!! I hope you are enjoying it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love St. Augustine. It's only about 1 1/2 hours from me so makes it nice. Marty works there and commutes back and forth. He knows all the good places and off the beaten path places so when we go together it makes it a fun time.

      Delete
  9. Glad you were able to getaway and enjoy beautiful St. Augustine, such a wonderful place! Happy Memorial Day 🇺🇸
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful wonderful pictures. I love St. Augustine and always thought I would end up living there someday. I used to tell my kids if I disappeared they could probably find me there. I am glad you had a good time and I love the pictures of your sweet grands. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have always told Marty that my if we could have a 2nd home it would be in St. Augustine. I do love it and especially the off the beaten path stops.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful getaway. I'm thinking me and Hubby need one, a time or relaxing and refreshing. Always, always enjoy stopping by! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful is what I have to say about your trip!!!!! Oh, how I’d love to back to St. Augustine. It’s been years, from when Molly was a baby. Your Birthday girls are just adorable! Aren’t we lucky to celebrate so much?? Your friend’s party was such a fabulous menu. Aren’t we lucky to have wonderful friends, too?? Thank you for sharing the beautiful devotionals with us. They always touch me. Blessings on this Memorial Day 💙🇺🇸❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Kitty. We sure have so much to thankful for.

      Delete
  13. Such a lovely post, I so enjoyed your beautiful photographs.
    Happy Birthday Wishes to the girls.

    Happy Memorial Day.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Copying a line you shared, "“…. what we really want even more is for someone to take care of us….” I knew that about myself, somewhere way down deep, all of my life. But when Beloved died, I suddenly realized how true that really was for me. I am learning that yes, God is taking care of me although it doesn't always look the same as it did before.

    Lovely post. All the food you share looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so enjoying this little devotional book I have. Most days the words leap off the pages and into my heart.

      Delete
  15. Your photos of your good times shared in St. Augustine makes me want to pack my bags and head that way, Cindy. It is so beautiful and peaceful there.
    And happy birthday to your gorgeous granddaughters! I know they are such a blessing in your lives.
    Blessings, my friend, and I sure wish I knew how to subscribe to your blog. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Martha Jane. I have tried to even change formats on blog but for some reason I cannot get it where it will let others subscribe like they used too. I am going to try and sit down and see If I can find another route.

      Delete
  16. I like the way you documented your trip to St. Augustine. Beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this weekend. Thank you for all the Scripture inspiration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cindy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! Glad that you both got some R and R...What a beautiful Cathedral....And your birthday girls are both so darling!! Hope you have a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, seeing all your photos from St. Augustine made me homesick to revisit. We loved going there when we lived in FL. There is a little chapel called something like Lady Le Leche where I went in to pray when we were longing for a baby of our own. We also loved going to the cathedrals to visit, and I totally agree that a sense of peace washed over us when we entered. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th