Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

(May Has Arrived)

Well my goodness! May has already begun and full steam ahead it seems. We kicked off our May with our eldest daughter's birthday which was May 3. Of course the gals in my family celebrate a whole month for our birthdays. 

Y'all would love my Kristy. She has such a Christ like spirit and shows kindness to others in so many ways. She truly displays the joy of the Lord. We are so blessed that we were chosen to be her parents.


It seems our week was busy but good. We kicked off Cinco de mayo with a family party. We had a great time and Fajita's...YUM!


My soninlaw David enjoys cooking on his Blackstone and I sure enjoy his cooking!


My youngest daughter hosted and she done such a good job and everyone had so much fun. 


Fiesta Time!


This grand's softball team won the District Champs. Their game was away so we didn't get to go but rooted her and the team on from home. One more game to go this week and it's home! YAY!


I stopped by our local Dollar Tree to pick up some party items for Kristy's birthday dinner and look what I found! Yes, I grabbed both of them up. Harry and David and Junior's coffee at the local Dollar Tree! WHAT? 


This picture just makes me smile. Marty's dad eats with us one night a week and we were sitting on the front porch and I snapped this picture. So many wonderful memories being made. 


This picture is a bit blurry but we have never seen this bird in our feeder before. If you know what kind it might be please do share. 

I will close this wonderful Sunday afternoon with my May focus. Oh mercy...in this world we are living in it sure gives me much HOPE to know that everything can change around me and even with me but my Lord never changes. I hope that you all have a wonderful week and maybe, stop along the way and give thanks for a God that never changes!

Before I forget...the Kicken Chicken chowder I bought from Walmart deli last week and told you all about in my last post....WELL, it was delicious!  


Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Congratulations to your daughter whose team won the District Championship.
    I don't know what that strange bird is...looks like a Grosbeak but which one? Hopefully someone can identify it.
    Your Cinco de Mayo celebration looks like fun and I like those cactus stuck on the cupcakes. Another Dollar Tree find???
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family fiesta for Cinco de Mayo sounds like it was so much fun, and fajitas on the flattop are perfect for the celebration! Lots of cute pics Cindy, have another great week!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Kristy! And I love your Cinco de Mayo celebration. That's an amazing find at the Dollar Tree! Harry and David anything is wonderful! I miss the bird feeder I had in Florida. I haven't tried to put one up here. So much fun to watch. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got me craving fajitas!

    The gourmet coffee was a great score at Dollar Tree. Last week, I found some Celestial Seasonings' Lemon Zinger tea at my Dollar Tree. I'm going to try it as a cold-brewed tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweet Kristy looks like she was celebrated in a wonderful way! We love chicken fajitas here, we do not have a Blackstone, my sister has one and loves it. I make our fajitas in our pellet grill, very good too. One of our favorites for sure! You all looked so cute with your fancy hats on! Sweet picture of Marty and his dad! Yes, so thankful that our Jesus never changes! On Him we can always depend! Blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy reading your posts ...
    Lovely photographs you've shared and your family fiesta 'Cinco de Mayo' celebration looks like a lot of fun was had.

    Keep on enjoying your May days, we've just had a wonderful Coronation weekend celebration.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family sure knows how to have fun and celebrate together, Cindy. How wonderful for your granddaughter’s championship win! You found some great finds at Dollar Tree, too. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. I know I’d love her as she was raised by you. Thank you for the beautiful May Focus. God bless you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh don't you just love when someone else does the cooking ... while you sit on the porch?! Your snapshots take me there, friend. Let's hear it for family times. Ours come mid-June and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you will glad to see them in June too.

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday to Kristy. Congrats to your granddaughter and team for their big win. I love seeing your sweet family celebrations. Happy week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the many smiles my friend...wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great time was had by all! your family is totally beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget