Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{FUN TIMES}

Hoping that you all are staying warm. Us Floridians sure can't handle the cold too good! LOL! I have decided that I must be a Spring and Fall kinda gal! What is your favorite season of the year? 


 

I recently carried the youngest three grands to get their nails done. Oh my! I think I may have started something and may have to go back to work part time! LOL! We had three days together doing whatever they wanted to do and made lots of memories. However, this Nana was in need of some STRONG COFFEE once they went home. 



We took a day to process some venison and make some sausage. The Lord blessed us with several harvests this season.  Marty's dad joined in with us. It's hard work but oh so good.


The Lord was surely good to me in allowing me to harvest this beautiful buck. I had been sick a few days and had not been able to get out to hunt any. I was somewhat feeling a little sorry for myself to be honest because at that point I had overed the nasty, awful Covid and was healing from round two of pneumonia. I had not been able to hunt with my family like I am used to doing so yes, a little pity party was had. However, feeling like I was able and ready to go out again I headed to a tree stand.  To be totally honest, I wanted to get out and sit among those pines ALONE and just give God the praise  for what He had brought me through and for what He was still doing. Little did I know that the Lord would find favor in me that late afternoon. GOD IS GOOD even in a tree stand.


I made us a large batch of chicken and wild rice soup in the crock pot. Oh it was so yummy on a cold day. Froze some for later. 


A couple of long time school friends and I went thrifting one day and out to lunch. We always have the best time together and since we all have retired we make it a point to meet together at least one every 4-6 weeks. I found some goodies thrifting. Do you know what else I found out? When you put Baptist with Pentecostal you get Bapticosal and we sure have a fun time. LOL!



I just feel in love with this picnic basket! Marty and I both enjoy a picnic and we take the opportunity to go on a picnic when we travel somewhere. Our yearly mountain trip is coming up soon so she will be going to the mountains with me. I did pay a little more for her than I wanted too. $10. However, she's made well and sturdy. 


I found this adorable large birdcage for $7. I knew it was coming home with me too. 


I found this in the clearance section of Hobby Lobby and for a $1.92 it jumped in my cart! 


NO, I didn't purchase this but I did snap a picture of it to send to my three daughters just to aggravate them. LOL! 


That sums up my fun recently but just so thankful to be able to have some fun. I am learning daily that our pity parties can turn into praise, junk in another's life can actually be our treasure, and soup is good all year round. Till next time, God bless you all and my prayer is that you remember that it's the Lord that gives you strength and He does hold you in His righteous hand. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I bet your grand girls will treasure so many memories with you. I wish I could try some venison. We live in the city and I am not even sure where one would go hunting around here. Nice that you could get together with your friends and you found some great things!!! I really like that little tree! I have a few picnic baskets that I have found over the years. I use one for crafting supplies. That Isaiah verse keeps coming up, so I know God is reminding me to not feat and to trust in Him. Even one of the songs in church talked about not fearing. Have a great week and stay warm.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived closer I'd cook you up a good venison meal.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better and were able to hunt and get out with your grands and friends!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better! And you even were able to go hunting and get your buck!!
    Of course I like your thrift finds 💜💙💛. I have 2 of those picnic baskets and I keep assorted tea cups that have no saucers in them. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, you are an inspiration! So precious to enjoy that time with your grands - they are so adorable! We love to hunt and process our own meat too. It is such a blessing! I personally don't hunt, but my husband and son love it. So wonderful to have precious friends from years gone by! I love my "Bapticostal" friendships too! Your thrift finds are remarkable - love picnic lunches. It's one of our favorite things to do - go up into the mountains, and have a picnic lunch. The best! Many blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning a picnic soon and will use my new thrift find.

      Delete
  5. This is a beautiful post, Cindy, as always. In spite of adversity and some pity parties, you manage to cheer your readers and send such delightful photos. All the treasures you bought (and/or photographed) are great. You sound good. I continue to pray for you when I apply my foundation primer in the mornings. (that's my "prayer trigger" for you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Speaking of our Favorite foundation I am almost out!

      Delete
  6. So glad you are feeling better, Cindy. You have had a rough time. What fun you had with the granddaughters, they are beautiful. I love the thrifted picnic basket! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th