Skip to main content

{May Has Arrived}

  I sure hope that your May has kicked off to a good start. The heat is settling in quick around our parts.  We've kicked off May with watching our softball girls win the District. Next week we start another round of ball. It's so much fun to watch these girls and especially our girl, Mallory. She plays centerfield.  We were so proud of both teams that played against each other. They all, hand in hand gathered together as one of our girls prayed for the game and also for one of our young men that was in a horrific car accident and fighting. His name is Kaden if you can think to lift him up to our Lord.  I had the opportunity recently to speak to a group of women at a ladies luncheon event at a local church. Oh we had so much fun. I wished I had gotten pictures of the beautiful decorations. We had a TEA PARTY and we each kept the cup that we drank out of it.  Isn't she just lovely? Easter has come and gone but we sure have a great time with family. We gather each...

Happy New Year





I have been like many others making New Year Resolutions that had to do with life style changes in the past and for the most part have not succeeded. Things such as, “Eat healthier, exercise more, loose at least 10 lbs, learn to say NO,  and etc!  I can assure you that the things I just mentioned are still much needed in my life. During the holiday season my goal was to be more of a Mary instead of a Martha. I actually succeeded with this goal though I must admit that there was a few days that I struggled with this. However with that mind-set  I thought about the New Year and what I would like to be better at. My goal is to practice the 5 love languages...If you ever get the chance to read this book by Gary Chapman I highly recommend it. 

1: Speak words of affirmation...have positive things to say instead of negative. Speak words of encouragement to others. Build one another up with our words. 

 2: Quality Time...spend more time with others & especially those that are near & dear to my heart. Like my family & close friends….we tend to take those people for granite. 

3: Giving Gifts...which is basically a noun that  denotes acts or actions. A gift doesn’t necessarily have to momentary. Bake someone a pan of cookies for no reason...mail them a card of encouragement….etc...

 4: Acts of Service...most of the time our acts of service involves something we like to do or do not mind doing...but...what about those acts of service we might not like very well? 

5: Physical touch: Though some may not like to hug and that is alright  but it never hurts to simply pat someone on the back for comfort, encouragement, job well done or just to show kindness. Physical touch can be simply to hold another sisters hand as you pray for her...

What would you like to accomplish for this brand new year of 2012? Life is short, time is at hand so let us strive to be more Christ-like in every area of our life!

Comments

  1. I really like your goals for 2012....think I need to incorporate them into my own life!!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting at Jeremiah 29:11...I feel God leading me to share much more personal, intimate things this year on my blog...which can be hurtful...and leave me open for ridicule by some! Prayers, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Cindy this is just what I needed to hear for this New Year. I have done this study myself but just hearing this for a New Year Resolution is such a blessing. Yes I too want to strive to be more Christ-like in these areas. Thanks for sharing.
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    I love this post! Thanks for sharing. I need to let go of negative thoughts and let go of people in my life who are negative.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals are so much like mine. Loved coming by to visit - will be back again soon.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I've heard of this book and should try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a...

{A Celebration of Forty Years of Marriage}

Marty and I just celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary on September 23rd. On one hand, it seems like it was FOREVER ago that we said "I do" and on the other hand, it really doesn't seem that long ago.   We began dating at the age of 16, married at age 18 and began our family at age 20. WOW! Babies, right? I always said that we grew up with our children.  My friend Janice told me that most people can't commit 40 days much less 40 years and that is so very true. God has been so merciful to us over the years and the grace that He has poured out on us is about more than my little brain can comprehend. We have been truly blessed and we have not deserved one ounce of His blessings!  We have had hard times, bad times, grief, and to be totally honest, there were times we both wondered if we would make it! God has shown us Grace and Mercy over and over again. He sure loves us so much.  The question was asked to me, "What has been y...

{Tea Cup and Mug Exchange} So much fun!

I joined the talented and gifted Stephanie from The Enchanting Rose blog for her tea cup and mug exchange. This was my 3rd time of participating and it was so much fun. Stephanie will be posting on her Blog about the exchange on Wednesday so be sure to hop over there this week and visit.  http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/   Linda from https://ladylindateacup.blogspot.com/  was given my name to send a teacup too.   She went above and beyond and needless to say, I could not wait to open my package when it arrived. It felt like Christmas opening up all those sweet packages. I am in love with my new tea cup! Isn't she a beauty? And of course I named her, "LADY LINDA" . Just look at all the sweet things that Lady Linda sent to me! Look at that precious Dress Dish Towel she made for me! So, so cute! It was so nice to make a new blogging friend and I truly do enjoy our exchanges. I was given Margie's name to ...