Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{My Favorite Blog Photos from 2018 and My Word for 2019}


Happy New Year Everyone! I hope that your New Year has started off great for you and your family. I am trying real hard to get into the swing of things. Since about mid-November I have only worked 2 days a week and I can assure you though I have been busy with all the holiday festivities it sure has made me a tad lazy. Late nights watching Hallmark movies, hanging around in pj's with coffee till mid morning and baking way more than I needed too....I didn't eat  anything I baked though... Well, I have got to get back to a normal schedule. If for no other reason for my waistline! 

 Web Image 

I see where different friends are posting their top blog posts for the year and I love going back and reminiscing with each one. Another sweet blogger decided to post her favorite pictures. I loved that idea. Since I only post once a week I decided to post one picture that was my favorite for the month. 

January 2018: Copper Tablescape
I enjoyed the copper look with the white and gold. It had a winter kind of feel to it. 


February: The little cozy Inn on the Harbor in St. Augustine, Florida that we stayed in for my birthday.
We had an outing in Daytona on a evening dinner cruise and then went back to St. Augustine to stay for a long weekend. I adored this cozy little place. 


March: Our peach trees blooming for the first time.
These trees came up voluntary in my FIL yard and my husband dug up three of them never dreaming that they would live. So far they all three has made it. Fruit trees are so pretty when in bloom.

April: The cross that kids at church placed flowers on for Easter.
At our church the children bring fresh or silk flowers and they flower a bare cross for Easter. The kids love doing this and it is so pretty


May: Our sixth grandchild was born. Miss Annaleigh Faith.
There is absolutely nothing like the birth of a  new baby in the family.  


June: Chair makeover and drawer reno.
I know a lot of you remember when I done a makeover on a old chair and a drawer. Since June I have used that cute little drawer for many things. The chair has held dishes, flatware, decorations and more. Guess what is going in that chair next? Well, I will just wait and show you. It's a Valentine decor though....


July: My happy place
We spent a week at the beach with our family in July and I must say it is indeed my Happy Place. We have enjoyed doing this together as a family for quite a few years now.  Give me a good book and a chair and I am good to go.


August: Sunflower and lemon tablescape.
I adore sunflowers and when paired up with lemons and a splash of red it made me SMILE. 


September: Our wedding anniversary. This picture was not taken on our 41st anniversary but I shared it in a post. 
Since September is our wedding anniversary I chose to share this picture in a blog post. It was actually taken at one of our nephews wedding. 


October. We carried the granddaughter to a breakfast with the princesses and it was so much fun to see how she reacted. Which was in awe...Her little eyes would light up with every princess that came out. She loved the music and the singing too.



November: Sunflowers. They actually began to bloom in mid October but by first of November they had bloomed so pretty. As most of you know I plant sunflowers every year in memory of my motherinlove whom loved them so much.




December: Our grandbabies. 
I have quite a few pictures that I love and will treasure but this one just melts this nana's heart. 

Thanks for looking at my favorite monthly pictures for 2018.  
Just looking back has brought about some good memories and fun times for me. If it be in the Lord's Will I surely hope to make lots more memories and fun times for 2019. 


 Each year since 2013 I have chosen aWORD for the new year as I know so many of you do too. There isn't anything magical in choosing a WORD. For me, it gives me something to focus on through the New Year. Whether it be on a sign that I may see in a store, in scripture, used in a sermon preached, or whatever. For me it's my goal to learn from that word, to experience that word, and to take every opportunity when faced or focused with that word to listen. To listen with my heart, to seek God more and to simply enjoy. 

In 2013 my word was PEACEIn 2014 it was REJOICE. In 2015 it was PRAISE. In 2016 it was REFLECT. In 2017 it was BELIEVE. In 2018 it was HOPE. Each year it has been amazing at how that one word has ministered to me. I could write you a short book. 

My WORD for 2019 is.........................


The dictionary defines DELIGHT:
A high degree of gratification or pleasure 
Something that gives great pleasure 
To take great pleasure or joy 

This is the scripture that clearly showed me my WORD for 2018. And...that's another story  for another day or maybe not.


  Free Farmhouse printable from https://themountainviewcottage.net/farmhouse-inspired-scripture-prints-free-farmhouse-printables/

Delight in the Lord means that our hearts truly find peace and fulfillment in Him. If we truly find satisfaction and worth in Christ, Scripture says He will give us the longings of our hearts. Does that mean, if we go to church every Sunday, God will give us what we ask for? Absolutely not! The idea behind this is that when we truly “delight”  rejoice, be glad in the eternal things of God, things that will make a difference for HIS Kingdom, our desires will begin to parallel His and we will never go unfulfilled. Perfect joy will come from pleasing Him which will bring us DELIGHT

He will always provide beyond our beyond when we choose to DELIGHT in His way. 

I am excited about my new WORD and I am anticipating "GREAT and MIGHTY" things by delighting in Him.  

Happy New Year to all my blogging friends. May the Lord bless you beyond your wildest dreams and go beyond your beyond. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 

 

Comments

  1. OK.... that joke about the scarf sent me over the edge with laughter!
    Oh boy! Funny!

    I like the way you showed us the past year with YOUR favorite pictures. They are very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. Yep, that little meme caused me to laugh out loud too!

      Delete
  2. Such an enjoyable post, loved the recap in pictures and also love your word. I'll be talking about my "word" tomorrow. Blessings abundant for 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much .many blessings for you too and your family .

      Delete
  3. I love this post! And I love your word for the year. It is perfect and you explained it perfectly too. There is always joy in reading your posts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann Marie. Focusing on DELIGHTING in Him my friend. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. I keep saying this, but all our words fit us, smiles. Delight sure fits you, smiles. Thank you Cindy for making me smile, hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...thanks Linda. I hope you are doing well dear lady. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures you showcased Cindy. Sweet memories for you I am sure. The book of Psalms is my most favorite scriptures. You know that last year I felt my word was wisdom. You know the story. This year I have tossed around two words. I thought my word was Seek but then I kept thinking about my health. To take better care of myself. I guess it takes us growing older to realize that we need to take better care of ourselves. So my words for the year is Seek Healthy. I am going to try to be healthier. As my sister told me, It is never too late to start unless you are dead! Well, I am going to try to eat healthier, walk more, and discipline myself in this area with God's help. PRAY!
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, let me say that you are not alone. We all feel that way. I told several friends that if I knew then what I know now...OH...lots of things would be different and taking care of ME would be one of them. Praying for you and yes...those two words are WONDERFUL to adopt for this year.

      Delete
  6. I loved looking back at your favorite monthly pictures, my friend. Delight is a perfect word. You always delight me with your thoughtfulness. Happy New Year to you, dear Cindy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post of reflection over an amazing and wonderfully blessed year! I so enjoyed reliving it all with you here and trust the Lord will continue His blessings upon you and your precious family throughout 2019, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. God bless you and your family too.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year sweet Cindy. I loved looking back on your favorite images from each month. I remember all of these and it was a treat to revisit them. Hugs and blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I am new to your blog, it was so wonderful seeing all of your special photos for the year! I also love your new word! I try to think of a single word to focus on each year, but usually end up with several, that turns into a sentence, that turns into a paragraph...but hey, at least I have words to encourage me throughout the year! Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂😂😂 girl, i honestly think my ONE word could be a sermon .

      Delete
  10. I love seeing all of these photos from the past year again! I bet it was hard to choose. You always pick a great word for the year!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed going back through your year of blog posts via pictures from each month, Cindy. I remembered every one! :) And guess what my Word for 2019 is? Yes! Delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . But Get our of here !!!’ Me and you chose Dane word ! I’m so honored that God delighted us both !

      Delete
    2. Typing on phone. Good grief ! Can’t spell but hope you are like my children and just know what i meant to say .😂

      Delete
    3. hahaha...I got it, my sweet friend!

      Delete
  12. I can see why you chose these highlighted pictures from 2018...they truly say a lot about who you are any why they were your favorites...and such a great idea for a post! Why didn't I think of that? I have done a "recap" post at the start of every new year but was just too lazy to this year! And I love how you described the way you use your word throughout each year. I wish I would have thought of that too! LOL! Happy New New, my dear friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe sweet friend , I’m just so glad that I’ve had enough sense to post 😂 and this is Just for you .... It is well with my soul and yours❤️

      Delete
  13. I am so DELIGHTED with this whole post! You are a DELIGHT to know, and I am DELIGHTED that we have this friendship here! May God show His DELIGHT in you throughout this New Year in many ways, and I know you will always be DELIGHTED in Him. I love your photos from the year, and I am DELIGHTED to see your sunflowers that you plant in memory of your MIL. That is a DELIGHTFUL idea!! Maybe when we get moved to a new home I will DELIGHT myself in some sunflowers too. My MIL loved Daisies, so maybe I will do that instead! Thank you for sharing your DELIGHTFUL post with us today. God bless you always, you DELIGHTFUL lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you have brought me much DELOGHT my friend . ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  14. What a wonderful 2018 you had and I hope 2019 is just as great. I like your chosen word of Delight. I had never seen flowers on the cross like that but what a nice thing for the children to do. Your blog is a delight! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy . Our children at church flower the cross at Easter abd it is always so beautiful .

      Delete
  15. Cindy,
    A great post highlighting what seemed like a wonderful year for you and your family!! Love your word. Mine is FOCUS. If you have a chance, stop by and read why I chose it for 2019....
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll be stopping by to visit . Can’t wsit to hear about your chosen word .

      Delete
  16. Very sweet idea Cindy to share your favorite photos for a 2018 round up! I wish you a 2019 full of even more delight!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how I loved all your 2018 fotos and look forward to more this year, especially of your babies. That one of all of you in your pj's is so good! Your grandson is getting so big - Y'all do need another boy! ;-) And, I love your word - that verse of scripture has long been one I cling to and "delight" myself in! Love you, Friend - HOPE this year holds so many blessings for you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. Yes, Conner is growing up so quickly. Well, the girls tells me no more babies so we shall see. LOL! Hugs to you.

      Delete
  18. I love how you went back through the year and chose one picture that spoke to your heart about that month, and it was fun to reminisce with you! Such a beautiful year you had, so many lovely memories to cherish! What a special time you had with your husband in February, and surrounded so often by your girls and their babies, you are blessed indeed! So thankful for your friendship, and truly believe that as you delight yourself in the Lord this year, that He will bless you with a richness of His presence! Blessings and hugs to you today sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet . Thank you for your kind words . God has Siena blessed me with my family that lives close by . Yes we surely enjoyed my birthday outing last year . I hope to enjoy yet another one next moth . Hugs to you .

      Delete
  19. Hi Cindy,
    This was a fun post. I loved scrolling through your "photos of the year". I don't remember the chair post. I must go find that because I adore it!! I happen to have a couple of drawers that my folks gave me when they redid their kitchen. I wanted to repurpose them and I think I may have found a way to use at least one of them. It adds such a homey look! LOVE love it! You sure know how to set a table too, lovely in both photos! I love sunflowers as well! I'm a little jealous that you can grow them in October!! Longing for warmer days here in NH. Your photo of all the grandkids is adorable!!...... I am anxious to see your drawer decked out for Valentine's Day! Have fun with that! Hugs!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you . I’ve had the most fun with that chair and drawer ..my sister fries sunflowers in summer abd rhey are beautiful . I’ve always planted mine in August and enjoy them most often though Thanksgiving . So glad you stopped by .❤️

      Delete
    2. Linda, was typing on phone again 😂 she doesn’t fry sunflowers 😂😂😂

      Delete
  20. A wonderful gathering of favorite photos from last year and you ended on a high note! Love that ♥️ plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blogging is so fun because we can easily look back at the year and remember fun times.

    I love that chair and drawer. I'm trying to figure out a spot where I could have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been enjoying thst chair and drawer . Amazing at how something so insignificant can bring us so much delight .❤️

      Delete
  22. Hi Cindy and Happy New Year! I love the last picture best. Last Christmas we and the grands all had Disney plaid jammis. I didn't get them any this year since we spent a lot on them at Hawaii. I did the Dayspring word and got Delight too. But the word that was stronger in my mind is Focus! Since I have ADD, it is a challenge for sure! I am wearing jeans that were baggy last year and they fit just right. Time to get back to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Focus is a good word . Can’t believe you got dekight ! Girl maybe you just need to Focus on Delighting in Him.❤️ Yes it too love that last picture . ❤️

      Delete
  23. Thank you Cindy for this wonderful, awakening and delightful post. You are an inspiration for me to be happy and since Im gonna be 50 this year....you made me feel aging is having fun, living life to the fullest.. Thank you very much...just want you to know I am giving you now the tightest hug ever... Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe you are so sweet . I’ll be 60 next month and one thing ive learned is that getting older has nothing to do with happiness . We can be old and be happy . However , aging has a way of making you truly appreciate the things in life that makes you happy 😊. Embrace those moments . Hugs back to you sweet lady .

      Delete
  24. Cindy,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! I really appreciate it!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cindy I would like to say that the chair makeover is my favorite but in truth I like the birth of your granddaughter better. And of course the last photo of you two and all the grandkids. You are truly blessed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear, sweet friend - I loved seeing your favorite photos from last year. They are priceless, especially the family photos. And I love your word for this year. My word didn't come easy and I haven't shared it yet but will share soon. Much is going on. Right now we are on the road with our cabin-on-wheels - at the beach! Then we will travel down the coast of Oregon into California and visit family along the way. A week of ministry/volunteering is planned before we return home again. I will share soon on my blog.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget