Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Alfresco Dining For Two, Birthday Party and Sweet Moments}

I hope that you all enjoyed your Memorial Day. It sure was a hot day in my neck of the woods but it didn't stop me from having a little red, white and blue fun. I am so thankful for those who have and is currently serving in the Military. I have family members that have served our country and one that is still serving. My grandfather served in the Navy, my brother served in the Navy, my uncle served in the Airforce, one of my soninlove's served in the Marines and I have a nephew that still is serving in the Navy. I praise the Lord for every one of these men. 



A lot going on these days for me it seems. We have been very busy with grandbabies birthday's and just celebrated our youngest granddaughter Annaleigh for her 1st birthday.  She has a mouth full of teeth, taking 4-5 steps, smiles all the time and has somewhat of a sweet-sassy personality going on. I LOVE IT!




For Memorial Day my family had their own plans for the holiday so I decided that me and my man would do a little Memorial Day Alfresco Dining by the pond. 

{Picture overload today}


Oh that beautiful red, white and blue. 







Table for two was just perfect.



Nothing like fresh gardenia's for a sweet smell to a beautiful day.  Old Glory still stands.


It was such a relaxing day watching the birds eat out of the feeders and the smell of ribs and chicken on the grill.  Our menu consisted of; ribs, chicken, corn on the corn, tossed salad and strawberries. YUM!


 NOPE that wasn't a humming bird but he was headed to a feeder and I snapped his picture.

 Our Memorial Day for two was perfect!


So for her first birthday her mama wanted to have her an ice cream party so ice cream and cake it was. 






I had originally baked a three layer cake but since the layers were 12 inch layers and we decided to do a few cupcakes I just went with two layers. The ice cream cone is cake pop from left over cake I had when I cut the tops out of the cake to make the cakes even. 
{Now I have an extra 12 inch cake in the freezer for a last minute dessert for a Sunday dinner}




My daughter had everything set up so cute for an ice cream and cake party.




You can't really see the pictures very good but it was a great way to see how she had changed so much from birth to one year old. 
 

Of course Annaleigh had to have help blowing out her candle. 


Her smash cake was two 6 inch layers. The sprinkles was perfect for the ice cream theme.




And she loved her smash cake!



Me and my two oldest daughters having a little ice cream fun. We had such a good party and the kids and grownups enjoyed the huge water slide that my daughter had rented. She said she rented it for the kids but.....I think the adults enjoyed it the most! 



Other things happening at home was my oldest granddaughter singing in a recital. The theme was Jazz and she done so good. Since the theme was Jazz and her song was jazz she chose to dress the part. God has surely gifted her with the ability to play piano, key board, electric guitar and voice. 



This sweet grandgirl recieved an award called; World Changer. Can't beleive she is going into the 6th grade. I pray she is a world changer and will change the world for Christ above all else.

I do hope that you all had a wonderful Memorial Day and that you are indeed enjoying life to the fullest. I hear the beach calling my name so think I might just pack a little bag and head out to the beach for a few days about Friday morning. Y'all wanna go? 

 Web image

And remember...............

 {Gift from a sweet friend that I call "my lipstick friend".}

Hugs and blessings, Cindy



 

Comments

  1. Ya put me to shame, with the birthday parties! So any fantastic party ideas!

    Have a great time away... stick your toes in the sand for me.🌞🏄‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Christine...my bunch loves a good party and will look for a reason to have one! LOL! Yes, I am ready for a little toes in the sand. Girl, done got my beach bag packed.

      Delete
  2. Love all the pictures and your grands are growing so fast. We ate on the patio on Memorial day and I had several of my grandchildren over. Hamburgers and watermelon was our menu. The ice cream theme is adorable and I am afraid I would have eaten the cake pop ice cream cone! I know you are proud of your grandchildren and rightfully so. Catch a wave for me.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, hamburgers and watermelon sounds good. I am about ready for a good old fashion grilled hamburger myself! Marty wanted the ice cream cone on top of the cake too. LOL! Girl, the only wave I will be catching will be in my beach chair with a good book, lots of water and suntan lotion.

      Delete
  3. Your table and meal for two and your menu was perfect, Cindy! Isn’t Annaleigh just a little doll??? I just want to kiss those cheeks. My does she have the hair! My poor little Hayden is still trying to grow some, but it’s coming!
    The cakes and the parties looked so festive. Your granddaughters are beautiful, along with your whole family.
    Yes, I’d love to join you at the beach! Wish I lived closer!
    Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty. Adalynn and Annaleigh both born with a head full of dark hair. Now to see it so light is funny. I wish you lived closer too girl.

      Delete
  4. Cindy, happy birthday to the adorable Annaleigh and what a cute party! Your alfresco table is perfect and fun for just the two of you. The menu sounds delicious. Have a wonderful week and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Those ribs and chicken sure was tasty too. Fell off the bone kind of good. I am on the hunt Pam for a small round folding leg table for two. I love eating outside when weather permits. Yesterday though....it was hot but at least we had some shade.

      Delete
  5. Oh my word, Cindy - so much to comment on. First off hello there! And omg that cutie is sooooo adorable - what a smile - lights up a room I bet!

    LOVE your R W and B outdoor tablescape - what a special dinner that must've been.

    And lastly - that ice cream and cake party! The CAKE you made - all your daughter's awesome themed things - great idea and wonderful memorable party to be sure!

    Thank you for stopping by. Good to be back. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Was so good to see you post again girl. Enjoyed looking at your PINK girl. Such a doll baby.

      Delete
  6. A table for two by the grill is perfect for a peaceful Memorial Day Cindy, your table is delightful! I love your ice cream cone tops cake, so cute and the smash cake is wonderful for your little cutie!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna . Peaceful it was indeed . Enjoyed my lazy day .

      Delete
  7. How sweet, dinner by the pond. Guess I should do that sometime. :o)) And, the birthday girl, so stinkin' cute! I can't believe she is already a year old. I always enjoy stopping by and reading about "your world."

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a lovely family! Annaleigh is a darling and the older grands are full of smiles and loads of talent.
    I love that you made a table for two all prettied up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Table for two was perfect for us for sure.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post, my friend (they always are!!! smiles)--I cant believe Annaleigh is 1! Where has the year gone (smiles). Yes, lipstick can conquer the world (my grandma use to say that, smiles)...and ...are there alligators in that pond? (giggles)

    Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Well, let's say I haven't seen an alligator in the pond yet! LOL! Let's hope not. Seems like yesterday Annaleigh was born. My mercy!

      Delete
  10. Annaleigh is such a little doll! So precious. Happy first birthday to her! What a darling party!

    I love your patriotic table. I especially love the gardenias and flag centerpiece. Gardenias are blooming now so that was perfect and different.
    I always enjoy all your family celebrations. Have a great week, Cind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. I thought the white gardenias would be a nice touch with the good old American Flag for Memorial Day lunch. They are so sweet smelling. Wish they lasted a little longer.

      Delete
  11. Do I want to go? Of course I do, girl! LOL! Oh, what a delightful birthday party for that darling Annaleigh! She has changed SO much since she was tiny...I remember all of that dark hair! And what a cool party set-up...the ice cream and cake theme was just perfect. And girl, you out-did yourself with that lovely red, white and blue table scape for Memorial Day. Your girls have certainly learned how to do up great a party from the best...their MAMA! Love & Hugs to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on girl! I will pack an extra beach towel just for you! Well one thing is for sure...my girls can throw a party! Yes, they have learned well and not just from me but from their Nanny Conner who now host parties in heaven I am quite sure. LOL! She was the party queen.

      Delete
  12. So nice to visit with you today, sweet friend! That baby girl is just a doll! God has blessed you with such a beautiful, tight-knit family, and it always warms my heart to stop by here and catch up with you. Thank you for being such a faithful supporter to me through the years. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  13. Looks like you had a busy but fun-filled weekend! Love your patriotic decorations for your alfresco dinner! So nice to be able to do that! Here, the mosquitoes eat you alive, so you don't get a chance to eat due to constant swatting! :-) Love those photos of the grands...so beautiful! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benita. Oh girl we have had the yellow flies but surprisingly when we ate we saw only one! PRAISE THE LORD! But they have been horrible. Mosquito's right around the corner for us though.

      Delete
  14. What a sweet birthday your little Annaleigh had!! Oh, she is growing up too fast! Your photos are just precious! Your Memorial Day table was lovely and a fun way to spend the holiday together. We had the kids and mil. I did a bit of table scraping but nothing this fancy. It looks like you’re enjoying your summer! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zenda. We enjoyed a relaxing day on Memorial Day for sure. I hope that you enjoy your summer too.

      Delete
  15. Cindy,
    Love your sweet Patriotic tablescape for 2!! So cute!! And I do love seeing photos of your lovely family. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!! Thanks for taking the time to stop by!! I am doing well with my recovery from my surgery!! Thanks for your well wishes!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you made Memorial Day special for just the two of you. I know that had to make your hubby feel special. :) And all of those grandgirls of yours...so precious. Loved the ice cream and cake party theme for the sweet little one year old. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . Hope you are having a great weekend .

      Delete
  17. Oh my gosh...it seems like you folks are always partying! haha....Love it all, from the table decor to the cake....YUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, we a partying bunch! Don't even need a reason either. LOL! Thanks Pam.

      Delete
  18. What a sweet Memorial Day date with your hubby. We did the same (w/out the pond!). Your grandbaby's first birthday icecream and cake party was too cute. Great job on the cake again! Love seeing your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, those little dates even at the house are nice. Thanks Heather.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th