Skip to main content

{May Has Arrived}

  I sure hope that your May has kicked off to a good start. The heat is settling in quick around our parts.  We've kicked off May with watching our softball girls win the District. Next week we start another round of ball. It's so much fun to watch these girls and especially our girl, Mallory. She plays centerfield.  We were so proud of both teams that played against each other. They all, hand in hand gathered together as one of our girls prayed for the game and also for one of our young men that was in a horrific car accident and fighting. His name is Kaden if you can think to lift him up to our Lord.  I had the opportunity recently to speak to a group of women at a ladies luncheon event at a local church. Oh we had so much fun. I wished I had gotten pictures of the beautiful decorations. We had a TEA PARTY and we each kept the cup that we drank out of it.  Isn't she just lovely? Easter has come and gone but we sure have a great time with family. We gather each...

{It's A Feel Good Kind Of Day}


My lilies are still so very pretty. I have surely been enjoying them. They originated from my granny's lilies many years ago. I wish I had a whole field full of flowers.

I kept two of the grandgirls so their mom could be a part of the Spartan race with some of the folks from our church and we had a breakfast picnic in the living room on a blanket.

Of course we had a makeup and dress up day too! There is never a dull moment around my house when the grands are there.

My family loves being a part of races, runs, and etc. Me? I will keep the grandbabies and have a fun day! LOL!

I took one day and made a batch of homemade pretzels. My mercy! They were so good....a little time consuming but when you have a hankering for a soft pretzel then you make a batch.

Well, some of my pretzels wasn't as pretty as others but they sure did taste wonderful! I don't think I will ever like what we call "The Mall" pretzels as good after making Alton Brown's pretzels. (Food Network)

I just had to show you this pretty taco dish my daughter Melissa made for Memorial Day. Isn't it too cute to eat?

Remember in one of my post I showed you this picture of fresh bread that my oldest granddaughter was baking? Her first time of baking bread and it turned out so good.

Look how pretty her bread turned out! She is quiet the baker. Love it!

We were able to attend corporate worship with our family and church family for the first time yesterday since the Covid began. It was such a refreshing time and I felt like a kid at Christmas. Loved every moment of being in the House of the Lord with my family and church family.

Well those of you on blogger I am sure by now know that blogger is changing things up a bit again! NO, I don't like it because It means I have to learn something new. GRR! BUT...with the changing of technology I guess we either learn it or we get left behind. So my blog has changed a bit and I will probably revamp it when I have more time to sit down and mess with it. Right now I have too many other fun things I'd rather do! LOL!
My friend Linda from https://thatsmesimplylinda.blogspot.com/

Simply Linda
helped me to figure a few things out and it's a good thing she did because I was digging in the ice cream bucket for a stress reliever! LOL!

In closing today I will share the first few words and scripture of my morning devotional with you. Maybe this is just what you need to read today. God always has a way in ministering to us.

Your word is a lamp to my feet . And a light to my path. - Psalm ...

Web image

Maybe some of you are in the midst of making a touch decision. One of the first steps toward making a tough decision is to seek God in prayer.

Perhaps you are in the midst of a difficult decision right now.  If so, remember, God's Word will show you the way.

I hope that you all are enjoying the first day of June and have a wonderful week.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy










Comments

  1. Wow, this sure looks a lot different! I loved your post, but it will take some getting used to with all the changes we are having to make. I am proud of you for jumping right in and trying! You are a smart cookie! And those pretzels look good enough to eat! Now I want one. Wondering about your church service and how you all handled all the restrictions. Would love to hear about it, maybe in a private message. Our church hasn't reopened yet, and it will be the end of June before we do, and with a LOT of restrictions. It will be very challenging. I am curious how other denominations and churches are handling it. Happy you were able to be there with your church family. I am missing it so much. God bless you and have a blessed week. Your kiddos are so precious. You are blessed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with old blogger there are lots of templates but I just wanted to get a post done and was already aggravated so went with what I could at the time. Thank the Lord for Linda walking me through some of it! The pretzels are MUST try! So good. Next batch I am doing half with cinnamon sugar.

      Delete
  2. What a beautifully written post. It is a very tough time for us, every day of our lives! I try not to worry because I know it doesn't help and I pray a LOT! Love your lilies and sweet family photos. Enjoy your week my friend! Linda is the BEST and has supported me in the past! She's a great blog buddy to have! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I try not to worry too and I am reminded that worry will not add one second to my life. But sometimes, like so many others, I find myself in a pit and having to dig my way out. Praise the Lord we serve a NEVER changing God in this FOREVER changing world.

      Delete
  3. I used the new blogger today, not liking it at all. But I guess that is progress so I'll bite the bullet and make it work. Always enjoy visiting you and your family. Hey, a breakfast picnic in the living room sounds like fun, Mr D and I might have to try it, of course once we get down it's iffy if we can get up. bahahaha!! Hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not liking it too much either Miss Mary, But I since I use blogger to basically journal about my family life and keep up with my blogging friends I am going to try. I would really like more of my personal touch with the new blogger. I will have to play around with it when I can.

      Delete
  4. It took me a long time to switch over to Blogger and now they want to change it. I loved my old site because you can be so creative. But it does cost money. I also think that bloggers could not figure out how to use the inline frames and different buttons. I have over 300 pages there and my webhome is 20 years old now. I really need to save things I have written through the years before I take the site down. Your pretzels look so good. I like to eat them with mustard. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them with mustard too! Regular mustard or brown spicy mustard! Just bring on the pretzels! LOL!

      Delete
  5. How fun to have those two little angels with you, Cindy!! Your pretzels look wonderful, and your daughter’s taco dish is so pretty. I love that casserole dish of hers, too. Your granddaughter is quite the baker, I must say! Thank you for leaving us with perfect words to ponder. We always need that! Happy Summer! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. They had a good time for sure. Yes, that taco dish is a pretty dish. I might need to snitch it....like my daughter does my things. LOL!

      Delete
  6. EEEKKKKKKKK! Blogger is changing????????
    I have been away way to long!

    I just might have to use your friend, also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I couldn't figure how where the "post a new post" was! LOL! But then I started looking things up and figured out a few things. I would like to change it a bit more but not today! The beach is calling my name! LOL!

      Delete
  7. I tried out the new blogger and it took me a few minutes to find the "create a new post" button! I hope we'll still have access to the "legacy blogger"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Margie. But I think sometime soon it is going to mandatory for the new blogger. GRR!

      Delete
  8. Your bagels look amazing and I just know they tasted that way too. The Taco dish looks so tasty and the braided bread too.
    So good to know you can actually go to church again. I hope that soon all the restrictions will no longer be needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Some of the pretzels did look bagels. I might need to make another batch soon.

      Delete
  9. Happy June Cindy! I was so glad to be back with my church family, I had missed seeing their smiling faces. Yum, the soft pretzels look delicious. Have a lovely week dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything in life seems to be a learning curve of late. I will try to figure out blogger myself. Ugh I am like you and do not like to change things I already have a grip on. the pretzels look yummy.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for reminding me I need to look into the new Blogger. I don't like change either. Thanks for the scripture. These are difficult times in our country. We need to be seeking God more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck girl! I hope to have more time to work on it.

      Delete
  12. Hello Cindy,
    I truly enjoy your wonderful post. Whatever changes from blogger as long as you are here sharing your thoughts and lovely posts, then I dont mind. Thank you for dropping to my place and for the lovely comment. You always nail it. Take care and I will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have to be he most fun grandma ever. I am a little concerned about what my blog will look like when this change takes place. I may have to get with Linda to have her revamp mine too if I can't figure it out! What does she charge for her services?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got to take time to sit down and revamp it a little. Linda had to show me where to even start a new post! LOL! I figured out some of it after probing along!

      Delete
  14. Thank you for this encouragement, sweet friend. Those pretzels look so yummy! And, your granddaughter's bread and daughter's dish look so delicious, too! I'm glad I just finished eating supper. Otherwise, I would be starving after reading your post! I haven't delved into the new blogger and truly haven't had time or energy to take it on yet. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your day is good to you Cheryl. You are so precious.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful post, Cindy. Change is hard, to be sure, and more so, it seem, as we age. I had to laugh at your comment you were digging into the bottom of the ice cream bucket in trying to cope with the changes to Blogger. You have such a way with words!!!!

    Melissa did a FAB job with her taco dish looking like a flag! My goodness, that's clever. I'm used to seeing patriotic desserts along that line, but a taco dish?! I am very impressed. What a great idea.

    And the little one daubing at her entire eye with the blusher brush... that is priceless. It is clear your grandchildren absolutely delight in getting to spend time with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I may be digging for the chocolate candy before figuring out blogger! LOL! Grandchildren are surely a blessings.

      Delete
  16. Hi Cindy, Glad you had some great fun times with the grands. Your family seems to like to stay busy. Everyone is cooking good too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a...

{A Celebration of Forty Years of Marriage}

Marty and I just celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary on September 23rd. On one hand, it seems like it was FOREVER ago that we said "I do" and on the other hand, it really doesn't seem that long ago.   We began dating at the age of 16, married at age 18 and began our family at age 20. WOW! Babies, right? I always said that we grew up with our children.  My friend Janice told me that most people can't commit 40 days much less 40 years and that is so very true. God has been so merciful to us over the years and the grace that He has poured out on us is about more than my little brain can comprehend. We have been truly blessed and we have not deserved one ounce of His blessings!  We have had hard times, bad times, grief, and to be totally honest, there were times we both wondered if we would make it! God has shown us Grace and Mercy over and over again. He sure loves us so much.  The question was asked to me, "What has been y...

{Tea Cup and Mug Exchange} So much fun!

I joined the talented and gifted Stephanie from The Enchanting Rose blog for her tea cup and mug exchange. This was my 3rd time of participating and it was so much fun. Stephanie will be posting on her Blog about the exchange on Wednesday so be sure to hop over there this week and visit.  http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/   Linda from https://ladylindateacup.blogspot.com/  was given my name to send a teacup too.   She went above and beyond and needless to say, I could not wait to open my package when it arrived. It felt like Christmas opening up all those sweet packages. I am in love with my new tea cup! Isn't she a beauty? And of course I named her, "LADY LINDA" . Just look at all the sweet things that Lady Linda sent to me! Look at that precious Dress Dish Towel she made for me! So, so cute! It was so nice to make a new blogging friend and I truly do enjoy our exchanges. I was given Margie's name to ...