Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{It's Been A Great Week}

 Good Sunday afternoon and Happy Memorial Day tomorrow. Do you have plans for tomorrow for Memorial Day? 


These two cuties started their Memorial Day festivities yesterday. I think it would be safe to say that they have the "little prop your leg thing" dead on! 


I want to thank you all for your kind words and prayers for our granddaughter Kyleigh. She is doing well and outside of experiencing tiredness now she is recovering nicely. I carried her for more blood work and her liver enzymes are still showing high but that can be normal with what she has been through. Her blood work will be checked again in 4 weeks. No doubt that our Lord surely had her in the palm of His mighty hands. Thank you all for lifting our girl up for healing. 


Our youngest granddaughter Annaleigh, (On the right) recently celebrated her 4th birthday.  I went with the girls (sisters in this picture) and my daughter to carry them to "Build a Bear". We had a great time. Out to eat, Build a bear, a little shopping, ice cream and Nana even took a train ride with the girls inside the mall. 


We had so much fun.


I cleaned out the frig one day last and I always try to utilize those containers that have a little of this and a little of that so an Air Fryer pizza was in the makings for lunch. I have a friend that laughs at me and says, "Why do keep such small portions of stuff in the frig?". Well, so I could make myself a pizza!!! LOL! And...I was brought up in a time that you wasted nothing. I have graduated to sandwich bags and real plastic containers though instead of butter dishes. LOL!  I have so enjoyed using my air fryer. It is perfect for Marty and I and most often we have leftovers. 

And...you can't go wrong with chocolate and cream cheese right? My tribe loved this quick and easy dessert I made for dinner. 


I did treat myself to a Caramel Frappuccino too one day last week. YUM!

Right after I had that high calorie drink though I went and bought a new skinny girl syrup for my teas! LOL!!! 


I was gifted this box of tea to sample as a friend of mine loves the Immune booster and the digestive support. She found this box with different ones in them so gifted me a box as well. Hope to try some out this week as my friend loves the Tipson Teas. 


One afternoon after an evening rain I walked outside to find some beauty that God showered with His blessings. Nothing better than when God waters the garden.  

I just love this picture. Along the main road in our county these beautiful flags line the road as far as one can see. Each cross has a name upon it that represents those that served in the military. Of course these options are upon your request and a one time fee is asked for that goes towards our vets in our county. The labor for this is provided by volunteers. It is truly a sight to see. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful Memorial Day and enjoy your friends and family. Marty and I decided this year to simply spend some time together. We are going to see a movie and out to eat! I will look for any reason to have a day date! LOL! However, we will REMEMBER and HONOR those that have served us and are still serving in military. Have a good week every one and may the Lord bless you abundantly more than you could ask for. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy







Comments

  1. I loved this post so much. Those little girls are so darling in their outfits, and then again at the "Build a Bear" place. I've never been to one of those. Sounds like a lot of fun! So happy to hear that Kyleigh is doing so well. We will continue to pray for her complete recovery. Those chocolate things look good...what are they? Whoopie pies? You do come up with some interesting stuff! Let me know about those teas that your friend gave you. They sound interesting, if they work and taste good too. LOL. Have a blessed day today. What movie? Wondering if it is the new Downton Abbey movie. I'd love to go see it, but will probably wait until we can get it on TV. We don't have any theaters near here. Have a great day-date with your sweetie. We are going to a church picnic. Praying the rain holds off until later, but it would be nice to have some cooler temps in the meantime. God bless you all, and God bless America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. We went to see Top Gun-Maverick. We had a nice day. Hope the rain held off for you.

      Delete
  2. Happy Memorial Day Cindy! The crosses with flags are so fabulous, what a special way to honor those who have served! Your grandies are adorable in their little poses and I'm so glad Kyleigh is on the mend. Enjoy your day date!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful that Kyleigh is on the mend. The Build-A-Bear outing was obviously a success. Just looking at those smiling little faces made me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post, my friend...keeping your granddaughter in prayer. And thank you for your kind IM, my friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to pray for the health needs of your family. That air-fryer pizza looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the Kyleigh is on the mend!

    Happy Birthday to Annaleigh. I always thought Build-a-Bear was just for teddy bears, until my godson built his own Stitch (smart business move to get Disney licensing!).

    I haven't had a frap in soooo long! Enjoy the Tipson teas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your memorial day was fun. I took my two granddaughters to Build a Bear and they loved it too. Your meals and deserts always look so yummy. Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am so thankful little Kyleigh is doing so much better and trust the Lord will continue to lay his healing hand on her! I hope you and Marty had a wonderful day date! Every moment together is so precious and such a gift, as you said. God bless you and your dear family, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Cindy, I am out of the loop. I did not know what build a bear meant. Thanks for keeping me in the know about what kids are doing. All my grands are older.
    I think I am going to give in a buy an air fryer. They sound great. I have resisted because i'm not sure where I have to store it.My cabinets are jammed packed and so is my counter space.
    I have also missed knowing that Kyleigh has been sick. I am glad she is improving. You can miss a lot in a few weeks. Time is passing so quickly I can not keep up.
    Have a great week. It is getting hot so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little grand girls of yours make me smile with their outfits and propped legs. What a fun outing! Kyleigh looks so pretty and prayers continue for your sweet girl. You and Marty are enjoying your day dates, and that’s so nice. I broke down and got a small air fryer. I’m like you and don’t waste foods. Enjoy the rest of your week. I sure wish I had one of those mini bundt cakes. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. Hope you are having a great weekend.

      Delete
  11. What an uplifting post, Cindy! I’m so glad your Kyleigh is feeling better and that you all were able to celebrate another grand girl’s birthday. Build-a-Bear is such a fun store! Hope Kyleigh gets a special day when she’s all recovered! And your chocolate cakes with all that frosting! Oh my!! Enjoy your tea and your week, dear friend! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, Cindy. Happy birthday to your beautiful Annaleigh. I am so happy to read that Kyleigh is improving. Retirement looks so good on you, it appears that you are totally enjoying it. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Commenting has not been easy lately, so I am hoping this comes through ok.

    Hope you had a happy memorial day.
    I did enjoy seeing all of your photographs your grands are so cute and those build a bear parties are such fun.
    So pleased to read that Kyleigh is improving.

    Wishing you a happy month of June.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. so happy to hear that Kyleigh is doing better. being a grandma can be a difficult role. thank God for those who join us in prayer for our 'little' ones ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th