Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Beach Vibes}

Happy Sunday afternoon everyone. Marty and I had a little getaway for three days at the beach and listening to ocean roar. Feeling that beach wind blow across my face, sand between my toes and breathing in the salt air just did my heart good. It's amazing to me how the nature of God brings sunshine to our soul.


I done a little reading in which I love to do while sitting on the beach. Marty carried "Old Glory", yes, he named his kite and she flew perfectly with the wind that we had. He's had her now for three summers and he has enjoyed watching her soar.


We sat out by the pool in the late afternoons and just simply done NOTHING! Those three days seemed to fly quickly but I enjoyed simply being lazy. Sorta felt good! LOL!


We enjoyed some good food. If you ever are in St. Augustine, Fl. and have the opportunity, go eat at "Caps on the Water". We have been several times before and we always enjoy it. The food is good and the atmosphere is wonderful. 


We came home to pick a little bounty from my garden. Nothing like fresh veggies from your own dirt.
A
And to see a beautiful bloom which I thought the bush was dead to be honest. 

Before leaving my sweet yoga instructor gave me this gift and I cannot wait to try the teas. She knows I am a fan of making different flavors using teas and she gets to try out some of my teas occasionally.  The little trinket box made my day. 

On another day I arrived home to find a gift bag at my door from another sweet friend and oh my! I was like a kid in a candy store going through my goodies and all things edible went with me on our little getaway. I did decide to share with Marty! LOL!  I have truly felt blessed with such sweet friendship. God sure knows how to bring us a smile and most often, it's when we needed it the most. A nice cup of warm tea is steeping right now for me to enjoy tonight.

I hope that you are finding a little time in the busyness of life to simply enjoy the beauty of God's nature that He has created for us. I don't know about you but sometimes I need to be reminded of Psalm 46:10. Be still and know that I am Lord. I've also been reminded recently of the gift of friends. Not because they have gifted me with gifts but that they gift me with themselves. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy


 

Comments

  1. So happy for you to have had those lovely days together at the beach. Looks like a perfect time. And your little tea bags, trinket box, and the gift bag from a friend...all so special and sweet. What a blessing. I loved the pictures of you both at the beach. It all sounds so wonderful. Maybe one day we will do that again. It's been way too long. I enjoyed this today. Thank you for sharing all of God's "Bounty" with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful! Love the pictures! Produce from your own dirt sounds heavenly. The only thing I can eat from my own dirt is some chives...I mixed them with cream cheese and slathered them on a crescent roll. Still haven't made it to the beach, but hope to make it before summer ends. You keep getting away and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach getaway looked amazing! St. Augustine is a place I want to visit! What fun gifties and treats!! Being lazy is much deserved! You are a bathing beauty in that ocean pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I am SO jealous! I know some beach time would be wonderful. I sure feel stuck inside right now with the extreme heat! Love seeing your photos and all the fun you have. Now I have hope! heehee! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. Go to the beach girl. It will speak to your soul.

      Delete
  5. I'm leaving the beach life vicariously through you, Cindy!

    Gotta love it when friends gift us with fun teas to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, the beach would be my home away from home if time allowed.

      Delete
  6. How fun for you and Marty to have a little getaway! You surely received some thoughtful gifts from sweet friends. The ocean breeze and sand between the toes sounds heavenly! I hope you have a happy week. Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a much needed and relaxing getaway for us both dear friend. God knows what we need before we ever know that we needed it!

      Delete
  7. How lovely to spend time at the beach, it sounds a wonderful getaway.
    Lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, how fun to spend time at your happy place. I always love seeing your photos and smiles. Enjoy your week! Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. St.Augustine is a lovely place. My late husband and I went there all the time. I've got beach fever and will be coming down to Florida in September to visit my daughter. She lives on the Gulf side of the state, and I really miss the Atlantic side. Looks like a lovely get-away you had. I don't remember that restaurant so it must have happened after I moved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting to be able to go visit in September. We enjoy the seafood so much at Caps on the water.

      Delete
  10. How wonderful to have those sweet days on the beach. It really does our souls good. Terry and I are sitting on the beach of Lake Michigan and enjoying a sweet cottage retreat and pool this week in Michigan. Weather has been so perfect. Sometimes doing nothing is so fulfilling. Glad you had a great time. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing what peace the beach can bring, I love the ending quote! Friendship and Love are God's greatest gifts and your life is filled with both~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I say every time you go to the beach, "thanks for taking me along". I enjoy the beach vicariously through you. That picture of you in the water is great!! And the graphic about needing to go to the beach for your symptoms-- it's probably true for all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy, Bless you! I feel relaxed reading your post. So glad you had a restful and relaxing trip to the beach. Glad you had some great food too.
    How nice to come home to fresh produce from your garden and nice surprise gifts.
    Enjoy the Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a perfect get-away. I love your coverup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, sweet friend! We love St. Augustine! We have such precious memories there. There was a place near St. Augustine called Vistana Beach (if I am remembering the name correctly) that we visited near St. Augustine. Maybe you have been there. I have been longing for the beach lately. I'm so glad you share the photos. May God bless you always. Sending hugs & blessings to you!🙏💖

    ReplyDelete
  16. "I go to the sea to breath!"
    Ahhh... the beach with all it's wonder.
    Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget