Skip to main content

{May Has Arrived}

  I sure hope that your May has kicked off to a good start. The heat is settling in quick around our parts.  We've kicked off May with watching our softball girls win the District. Next week we start another round of ball. It's so much fun to watch these girls and especially our girl, Mallory. She plays centerfield.  We were so proud of both teams that played against each other. They all, hand in hand gathered together as one of our girls prayed for the game and also for one of our young men that was in a horrific car accident and fighting. His name is Kaden if you can think to lift him up to our Lord.  I had the opportunity recently to speak to a group of women at a ladies luncheon event at a local church. Oh we had so much fun. I wished I had gotten pictures of the beautiful decorations. We had a TEA PARTY and we each kept the cup that we drank out of it.  Isn't she just lovely? Easter has come and gone but we sure have a great time with family. We gather each...

Wednesday In The Word

Psalm 34:14 "Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." 

Picture taken by my youngest daughter from a recent trip. 

My Bible study this week is about PEACE in my Wednesday night class and also for the online class that I lead. When we think about peace there are so many terms in which to think upon. It can be difficult to think about peace when we live in a world that offers no hope of peace. Praise the Lord that we serve a God that He knows the outcome of this world! 

It can difficult to think about peace when we are watching a loved one suffer, people loosing their jobs, marriages on the brink and children going astray. 

Peace on any level can be hard to comprehend at times can't it? 
But what about those words of "Seek Peace and Pursue It?  
 I am a peace maker at heart. I don't like drama, chaos, or conflict. I have a motto that my family has heard many, many times...:My House Is A House of Peace".  My ultimate desire within my marriage, home, church life, job, and family is to have peace. 

I don't look for trouble and don't want no trouble as my granny would have said. However it can very hard to have peace with others at times can't it? There is always going to be someone in our life or that crosses our path that we struggle with having peace with them. It can be a personal conflict, something that we may not see eye to eye on or even our mere way of thinking is totally different. What do you do?

We go back to the scripture. Seek peace and pursue it. I love what Romans 12: 18 says, "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone". I feel that the Lord desires that we do everything within our power to have peace with others and to show that peace outwardly. 

 Picture taken by my youngest daughter from a recent trip.

Does this mean that you can't have a say, or voice an honest opinion? Of course not! But what it does mean is that we are do so with a Christ-like attitude and to remember that our goal is to have peace with others.  But then there are times that YES, we need simply to be quiet!

That is a hard thing coming from a woman that is not quiet! LOL! Yep, go ahead and laugh cause I know you are!


If you have ever met me or have been around me even for a short amount of time then you know that my personalty trait is not the shy, quiet and reserved. And...there is nothing wrong with that as long as we can exercise control by allowing the Holy Spirit to control us and not the flesh. Hard lesson learned here from this ole gal but slowly and surely I am learning how to allow the Spirit to control me instead of "Cindy". I am just being honest and real with you today! 

Peace indeed can simply mean "Just be quiet".  


And do you know what I have learned? You can't really listen if you aren't quiet. And...sometimes, just by simply being quiet....you can hear what others are even thinking!!! 

Are you struggling to have peace with others around you?


A very small book I read once called "Certain Peace in Uncertain Times" by Shirley Dobson pretty much summed it up. "Prayer and Focus". Pray to the ONLY one that can answer and Focus on the ONLY one that really matters. 
  
Attitude and behavior is a choice we all make on a daily basis...choose wisely!



Hugs and blessings, Cindy













 

Comments

  1. What truth-filled, peaceful words you share, my Friend. And your daughter's pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful truth today Miss Cindy. Thank you for your realness. Peace is something that I think everyone struggles with at times but most of the time my greatest struggle with peace is when I take my eyes off of Jesus. Those pictures are breathtaking and just looking at them this morning filled me with a sense of peace. They are beautiful! Of course I did have to chuckle at your lady with the tape on her mouth! LOL! Thanks for this post. Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Did I need this today! Loved the quote you shared. Need to post this on my wall....and my fridge.....and my mirror.......and car visor.....you get the picture, LOL! Thanks for this great post this morning. And Baby Girl's pics are beautiful! Looked like an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, those pictures your daughter took are so pretty. How peaceful just looking at them. She must have gotten some of her photo skills from her mom. (LOL) PEACE....I've been struggling with an issue that I had no peace about whatsoever and two days ago It hit me that I had been a slacker when it came to reading God's Word. I knew right then what my problem was. Amazing at how the fact remains so true that when we take our eyes off of Him...everything else falls! Thanks for the post today! What a wonderful reminder to me of staying focused on the One that counts! Nita B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting these truths Mrs. Cindy. One of the toughest things for me is to stay quiet (I like to say, "but I'm just speaking words of truth IN LOVE!"). Great post :) much love ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! A great lesson on peace and how to be assured of it, starting with ourselves. I have learned the hard way, sometimes, that true peace comes from faith in what the Lord has planned for me. Your comments on being quiet really hit home too.
    Your daughters pictures are beautiful.
    As always, thanks for the inspiration and something to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy,
    Goodness! What amazing photos taken by your daughter! Incredible.
    I find the most peace when I am at home. My home gives me the most comfort because it is where my family is and I have surrounded myself with the things that I love and make me Happy!
    Thanks so much for your visit!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Cindy. And the pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post today Miss Cindy. Pictures are beautiful but your take on "quietness" has done a little ouch on my today. Thanks, I needed it. Selena Guest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the word "peace" conjures up thoughts of...well, peace!!! Great insights, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes we don't have peace because of our own actions! It's a wonderful goal to set for ourself..PEACE !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

{A Celebration of Forty Years of Marriage}

Marty and I just celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary on September 23rd. On one hand, it seems like it was FOREVER ago that we said "I do" and on the other hand, it really doesn't seem that long ago.   We began dating at the age of 16, married at age 18 and began our family at age 20. WOW! Babies, right? I always said that we grew up with our children.  My friend Janice told me that most people can't commit 40 days much less 40 years and that is so very true. God has been so merciful to us over the years and the grace that He has poured out on us is about more than my little brain can comprehend. We have been truly blessed and we have not deserved one ounce of His blessings!  We have had hard times, bad times, grief, and to be totally honest, there were times we both wondered if we would make it! God has shown us Grace and Mercy over and over again. He sure loves us so much.  The question was asked to me, "What has been y...

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a...

{Tea Cup and Mug Exchange} So much fun!

I joined the talented and gifted Stephanie from The Enchanting Rose blog for her tea cup and mug exchange. This was my 3rd time of participating and it was so much fun. Stephanie will be posting on her Blog about the exchange on Wednesday so be sure to hop over there this week and visit.  http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/   Linda from https://ladylindateacup.blogspot.com/  was given my name to send a teacup too.   She went above and beyond and needless to say, I could not wait to open my package when it arrived. It felt like Christmas opening up all those sweet packages. I am in love with my new tea cup! Isn't she a beauty? And of course I named her, "LADY LINDA" . Just look at all the sweet things that Lady Linda sent to me! Look at that precious Dress Dish Towel she made for me! So, so cute! It was so nice to make a new blogging friend and I truly do enjoy our exchanges. I was given Margie's name to ...